• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 6, a game about relaxing and exploring and killing and burning

knguyen

Most Ubisoft games don't even worth your Internet bandwidth even to pirate them. They're always flashy in the first 15 minutes then become extremely boring to play.

I enjoyed it enough to finish it, but the story and characters were not good.

At one point MC is tortured by the dictator, teeth are ripped, blood splatters, grim stuff. Then you escape, hop to a nearest car to get to your next objective.... aaaaand then a random song starts on the radio and apparently MC does not care about torturing at all, as they happily start singing along.
For me this broke the game more than any AI shenanigans.
It sounds like they are trying to make games for people that have ADHD and forget shit easily.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
It’s one of the weaker entires, but there’s some entertainment to be had if you don’t mind the formula.

Didn't really like Far Cry 4 or 5. Far Cry 6 was far more enjoyable imo and I liked the settings of it. Far Cry 3 was good as well. However, my most favorite Far Cry and it is the one that is the most underrated is Far Cry Primal. We just do not get enough prehistoric games at all of high AAA quality ;/

I was planning on playing Farcry 6 through my Christmas break, but I found every single thing in this game so off putting. I ended up quoting and uninstalling it after about 4 hours. It is really bad.

JayK47

I am playing this now and I think it is the worst of the series so far. Every new character I meet is worse than the last. When I wasn't being ordered around by a strong woman, I was getting bitched out by a trans man. I genuinely do not want to help these people and would rather hop on a boat and sail off in the sunset.

On max settings, I am not impressed by the graphics. The world is just boring and bland compared to previous titles. Cities and enemy bases are half empty. I will take over a base after killing like 4 enemies and think, "that's it?". Vehicle controls royally blow.

Sad to see this franchise embrace modern politics over fun. This will be my last Far Cry game I play. It is probably safe to simply avoid Ubisoft going forward. AAAA my ass.

mclaren777

I thought about buying this game at launch, but the pet system scared me away. I don't want a companion, nor a sidekick.

JayK47

Wrapped this hot mess up (I did pay for it, so I forced my way through the main campaign). Giancarlo Esposito was the best part of the game. There is so much padding in this game, worse than previous titles. You couldn't fly anywhere without disabling anti-air, which was everywhere. So getting around was tedious with windy roads and cliffs everywhere. So many missions had me running back and forth. Overall, traversal was just painful. I remember having fun driving or flying around in previous titles. The game is so damn woke. And yet somehow flew under the radar as most seem to have reviewed it well. I guess most did not mind being lectured as they played this. By now I am just tired of being lectured when I play games, so I have no patience for it anymore. Had I known what I was getting into, I would have never touched this. Well, with so many great games out and coming out, I can afford to pass on any future Ubisoft games.

I thought about buying this game at launch, but the pet system scared me away. I don't want a companion, nor a sidekick.

Taking a companion out is completely optional, you can basically do the whole game solo. I like to clear outpost with nothing but a sniper and do everything with a stealth approach so having an alligator or a chicken as my companion would blow my cover.

There is a few missions that have a transgender DJ and their gay friends so if that bothers you be warned. I can't remember if they are optional after their first intro mission since I played this when it first came out, haven't touched it since.

I did complete the game but this will be the first one I don't play again mainly due to the fact that after you beat the boss at the end you still can't fly over the main city that was on lockdown. If you traverse the city by foot it still behaves like there's a war going on and all the soldiers attack you on site just like the beginning of the game. I guess they were too lazy to script anything different after you take out the "Big Bad".

Hudo

Far Cry 4 was the last Far Cry I've played. And I genuinely played the "Pagan Min ending" and that was good enough for me. It wasn't even fully intentional. I just kept sitting there just to see if the devs had actually thought of that. They did. And that was good enough for me.

Never played Far Cry 4 "as intended".

Hrk69

6 is worth it if you can get it cheap

But it's one of those games where the limitations / gameplayloop become very obvious. It takes 30 minutes to see everything the game has to offer (aside from story missions maybe)

It's the classic Ubisoft formula

Top Bottom