• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 6: Game of the Year Edition - Out Now - $120 ($60 Upgrade Path) - Includes Upcoming New Expansion

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

The previously rumoured but unofficially announced Far Cry 6 Game of the Year Edition is out now priced at $119.99 / £99.99.

Existing Far Cry 6 owners can upgrade to the Game of the Year Edition for $59.99.

Headlining the new edition is the ‘Lost Between Worlds’ expansion, which is “coming soon”.

Far Cry 6 Game of the Year includes:​

• All new Expansion, Lost Between Worlds (coming soon).
  • All Season Pass content: play as past Far Cry villains Vaas, Pagan Min, and Joseph Seed in three twisted DLC episodes.
  • The full Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Classic Edition game.
  • The Ultimate Pack: includes the Jungle Expedition Pack, the Croc Hunter Pack, and the Vice Pack.
  • Enjoy all free game updates, including a new Difficulty mode, Ammo Switch, Individual Loadouts, and more!

Last edited:
i forgot this existed to be honest lol. i remember trying Far Cry 5 and hating it. I knew there was a game coming out with Gus Fring in it but had no idea when it released.

Far Cry needs to be killed off. Ubisoft are a joke.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I am quite surprised this is 99 British Pound and 119 US Dollar, but Ubisoft probably couldn't keep up with Truss speedrunning UK Economy.
They could try and charge us £200 but it won’t mean fuck all as no one is going to choose Far Cry over heating and food for their children. That’s my only hope moving forward, that we are so fucked the gaming companies realise we can only afford £2 games.

Kilau

jhvXbh9.jpg

Stitch

Gold Member
Shut Down Fix My Life GIF by OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network

you can get the ultimate edition for less than 40€
the new expansion must have some insane value

it's most likely shit

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I had fun with FC6, but did Ubi not notice the lukewarm reception? Have they not noticed how FC Expansions are generally poorly reviewed?

And they expect $120 or a $60 upgrade path?

Good luck with that.

Last edited:

yurinka

$120? Sounds cheap, why not $200?

I had fun with FC6, but did Ubi not notice the lukewarm reception? Have they not noticed how FC Expansions are generally poorly reviewed?

And they expect $120 or a $60 upgrade path?

Good luck with that.
According to them 2021 was the best year in terms of revenue for the Far Cry franchise on its history. Meaning Far Cry 6 performed extremely well.

Sales and revenue are way more important for them than reviews.

Last edited:

MadPanda

Banned
I'll wait for the base game to hit gamepass, enjoy it and move on. Don't care for dlcs, expansions and I'm certainly not going to pay 120 USD for this.

Lunarorbit

I got far cry6 for $20 brand new for ps4 and play with the free upgrade to ps5.

Never with these ubisoft "deals". $120 for a game this months old? Insane.

Topher

Gold Member
Who said Far Cry 6 was a GOTY?

Rooster Teeth Hair GIF by Achievement Hunter

MikeM

I own this on PS5 and enjoy the game for brief periods. Dualsense is used surprisingly well.

I’ll pick this up once it goes 50% off.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
According to them 2021 was the best year in terms of revenue for the Far Cry franchise on its history. Meaning Far Cry 6 performed extremely well.

Sales and revenue are way more important for them than reviews.

Pretty surprising, but I’m guessing the silent mainstream majority ate it up, despite the negative reviews, YouTube videos, and consensus among core players.

Forcing people to go through their store on PC probably helped.

SJRB

Gold Member
iu

Did they add that 0 by mistake?

I played this during a free weekend and it is aggressively mediocre. Like straight up playing it for free and I still felt upset that I put time into it.

Last edited:

Roni

Gold Member
Pretty surprising, but I’m guessing the silent mainstream majority ate it up, despite the negative reviews, YouTube videos, and consensus among core players.

Forcing people to go through their store on PC probably helped.
are we really the core players if the majority enjoyed it, though?

EDMIX

lol I love how they literally list this shit before even showing us a trailer of that expansion thing.

Granted, they do great jobs with those stand alone expansions, but not $120 with some pack in.

Adding in the base game, I get it, adding in Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, makes sense...adding in the Expansion, expected, but for $120?

I don't know about all that now Ubisoft lol If this was $60, I could see how its that price makes sense, but $120?

I'll just get the expansion by itself like how I get their other games....used, deep discount lol I actually liked Far Cry 5 a lot, didn't play 6 yet, but will just get that shit used as its dirt cheap now and I'll just wait for that expansion to be on sale or something if I even like 6.

yurinka

That's steep, why double the price? Good luck with that....
I assume because compared to the standard version may have extra content valued in way more than double the price, and probably they saw the game, dlc & series sold a lot last year so it gave them confindence to use this price.

Last edited:
Top Bottom