• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 6 Joseph Seed DLC - Gameplay (Spoilers)

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Watch 17 minutes of Far Cry 6 Joseph Seed Collapse DLC gameplay (4K/60 FPS), containing some story spoilers. The new Far Cry 6 Joseph: Collapse DLC has you play as the main villain of Far Cry 5, exploring a twisted version of Hope County as you unveil his backstory and deal with the consequences of the nuclear collapse from the Good Ending of Far Cry 5.

You have a single objective, to escape Joseph's mind and in order to do so, you'll be attempting to obtain 3 Main Memories. Completing side activities also strengthens Joseph and will assist you when tackling the Memories.

The Far Cry 6 Joseph: Collapse DLC releases on February 8, 2022. It's available via the Far Cry 6 Season Pass, and can be purchased separately, provided you own the base game. The previous DLC was The Far Cry 6 Pagan: Control DLC which was released on January 11, 2022, and focused on the villain of Far Cry 4, Pagan Min.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Those DLC's aren't that good to me with being rougelike. The main game on the other hand is great. Finished the Vaas DLC within like 2 hours.

Mahavastu

DLC for Far Cry 6 about Far Cry 5 seems so bizarre to me.

Did they just have this lying around somewhere or something?
I guess it was quite cheap to make because they could use existing map. I would also be not surprised if they started work in the FarCry5 times but already had more then enough DLCs and spared the work done for FarCry 6.

But yes, it is strange

MrTentakel

I enjoyed the Vaas DLC but as always, Ubi has to overstay its welcome by releasing two more rogue like DLCs.
The botchered Blood Dragon remwhatever was the turd on the shitcake.

Why would I want to play as Joseph Seed?

Did dev not learn anything from GTA V?

Unless you present your villain as a sympathetic character (of which the GTAV dude and Joseph Seed weren't) it's really not fun to play as a character whose motivations are wholly inscrutable and incomprehensible. A batshit insane sociopath is not a sympathetic character. It's a character designed to be instantly hated by the player.... which means forcing me to play as this instantly hated character is a huge turn-off.

Last edited:

Zimmy68

Guys, it has nothing to do with Far Cry 5, all three DLCs are the same game just themed to Far Cry 3,4 & 5.
Even the bad guys look nothing like the bad guys in Far Cry 5.

MiguelItUp

Guys, it has nothing to do with Far Cry 5, all three DLCs are the same game just themed to Far Cry 3,4 & 5.
Even the bad guys look nothing like the bad guys in Far Cry 5.
I guess I missed the note where they mentioned making DLC that revolved around previous villains. I knew about the Vaas one, but that was it. I thought maybe there was more of a connection there or something. But, no, these are just random DLCs throwing you back into situations with those villains to some degree. That really does feel odd, lol.

"Maybe if we make DLC that revolves around all of the major villains it will attract different fans and we'll make more money on Far Cry 6!" 🤔

Zimmy68

The best DLC would be to have you play the villian in a mini Far Cry game where you can level up and play against the protagonist in the original game.
But that would require much more work. Why not just throw out an extended nightmare sequence from Far Cry 5 and charge $40 for three.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Far Cry 6 Joseph: Collapse DLC reviewed by Travis Northup on PC. Also available on Xbox, PlayStation, and Stadia.

Far Cry 6 Joseph: Collapse takes a lot of the things I love about Far Cry and wraps them around a weak roguelite formula, a less interesting open-world, and crucially, one of the weaker villains from the series' otherwise iconic lineup. You could spend a lot of time playing and replaying through Collapse's brief campaign, but we haven't been given a whole lot of reasons to do so, unless you're really into repeating Joseph Seed's feeble and unconvincing redemption quest. There are still some memorable moments and Far Cry's impressive sandbox, but after a couple hours you'll likely have seen it all with little reason to linger.

Top Bottom