• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 6 launches October 7, 2021

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The game’s launch, originally slated for Feb. 18, 2021, was delayed back in October, partly because of challenges encountered during the COVID-19 pandemic. But it was also partly a strategic decision by Ubisoft’s corporate leadership. Grivel said his team — comprising developers at Ubisoft’s Toronto, Montreal, Kiev, Shanghai, Berlin, Philippines, and Montpellier, France studios — all appreciated the extra time and used it to refine Far Cry 6 to meet the public’s blockbuster-movie expectations.

“It gave us the time to deliver the full Far Cry 6 experience we wanted to deliver, with quality, on all the platforms that we support,” Grivel said. The game launches on Google Stadia, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Windows PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. “I believe it’s awesome for us because, you know, in this industry it’s not always that we have the time to make things the right way, to really balance them, and make them really refined. That extension [of time] is really welcome, from that perspective.”

Uhm, no. It launches October 7th.
You are right the website is clearly wrong

Thanks mods for the title change

I Love You Cat GIF by swerk

It's that time of the year. Developers and publishers are lining up for big blowouts of their upcoming flagship releases. We recently got a gameplay deep dive of Far Cry 6, which was accompanied by previews and interviews going up all around. As a result, we've learned a great deal about the upcoming open world first person shooter, and here, that's exactly what we're going to be talking about.

Last edited:

Corgi1985

Banned
Thank fuck a fall release. I was worried it would be barren after the typical deluge of quality games usually released in the summer

/s

GHG

Gold Member
This looks like it could actually be fun but then most Far Crys do pre release and then I always get burnt out on them ~20 hours in.

Hoping the amount of variety on show in this world map makes a difference this time. The world needs a modern first person just cause 2.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Actor Giancarlo Esposito spoke with Geoff keighley during Summer Game Fest 2021 about his role as Gus in Far Cry 6, his thoughts on being a villain, and his characters passion for his country.

CitizenZ

Banned
i recently tried to play FC New dawn, nah Im done. It was boring AF with zero challenge in any way. Terrible AI and terrible design all around.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

For the first time in franchise history - become the villain.

You are Vaas. You are Pagan Min. You are Joseph Seed. Play as past villains with the #FarCry6 Season Pass. Watch now and learn more.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Ubisoft's Navid Khavari and Benjamin Hall take us on a short guided tour of Yara, the island of Far Cry 6. We talk about the politics behind the story as well as the slapstick action of the gameplay, alligators in t-shirts and how Macarena became the weaponised music disk of choice.

MiguelItUp

I respect people that are all into this IP, but for me, it definitely peaked at 3. I feel like they've been trying WAY too hard to make lightning strike twice. But all they're doing is just dancing around the same exact formula. :(

This one looks more enticing than 4 and 5 to me. But I still don't know when and if I'd ever bite unfortunately.

I respect people that are all into this IP, but for me, it definitely peaked at 3. I feel like they've been trying WAY too hard to make lightning strike twice. But all they're doing is just dancing around the same exact formula. :(

This one looks more enticing than 4 and 5 to me. But I still don't know when and if I'd ever bite unfortunately.
Truth! I’m purchasing because I skipped part 5. I’m honestly looking forward to this.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

As part of a collaboration between Ubisoft and Hamilton, a watch designer among other things, fans will be able to pick up the Khaki Field Titanium Far Cry 6 Limited edition watch on October 7 alongside the game. The catch is, the watch is $1200.

The watch will only be produced in a limited quantity –1,983 of them, in fact, honoring Cortez’s story—and features a 42mm titanium case, black face dial, an H-130 three-hand movement, and 80-hour power reserve. Perhaps the biggest identifier that it is a special edition watch and piece of merch is that the six on the watch is styled after the six in Far Cry 6.

GymWolf

You can have your biggest arsenal but your shooting animations look 2 gen behind tlou2 or even max fucking payne 3 on ps3...

Vagswarm

Damn, that's coming up soon. I imagine from here on out, the heavy hitters are going to release one after another.

Hope this game is good... I didn't like the pacing of 5 or Primal. But the characters and gameplay were great. I especially hated the villian in 5, which automatically made him an excellent bad guy. He had to die.

Last edited:

Kerotan

For some reason I thought this was already out. Looks good and I've a far cry itch but I've yet to play FC5 so prob just get that instead.

Starfield

I really can't be hyped about this game. No Map editor us a no buy for me as I always spent hours building custom maps.

Idk what they were thinking with this decision

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Play as Dani Rojas and inflict chaos with everything you've got as a modern-day Guerrilla to free Yara from the regime of Antón Castillo (Giancarlo Esposito).

Last edited:
Top Bottom