• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 6: Lost Between Worlds Announcement Trailer (November 29)

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I didn’t dislike Far Cry 6 as much as most people, although I really disliked a lot of the characters.
People are seriously questioning what Ubi’s doing with the franchise when games like Blood Dragon and Primal exist? The last expansions for Far Cry 5 were set in Vietnam and an Alien World. Far Cry 6 did a Stranger Things level. They did Rambo. They have Danny Trejo killing enemies with you. They do oddball stuff.

I’m not going to judge this one, but it didn’t exactly grab me. It’ll be another Far Cry, with a sci-fi twist. You either are fine with it or not - but I’m cool with the developers trying different things out. You can see that just be looking at the change from the first to second game.

tusharngf

next farcry will be live service game. All ubi titles will be live games soon just like crew2. That's their goal and they are making games for that purpose only.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Maybe a tower to climb...
Wedding Crashers Flirting GIF by filmeditor

K' Dash

FC5 was my first FC and I enjoyed it a lot, then of course I bought FC6 and was disappointed as fuck :(

I think I’m just going to jump ship on the franchise and leave my memories of exploring Montana intact.

Dunker99

Neo Member
I enjoyed FC6 (after disliking FC5), so was looking forward to more of the same in the DLC. But this looks shite. Why does every Ubisoft DLC or expansion have to be wacky, crazy supernatural stuff? Can’t they do DLC based in the “real” world?

mdkirby

Looks more interesting than FarCry 🤷‍♂️... ive tried to play 3 FarCry games and dropped all of them after a few hours.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Interesting game mode. . .that is completely and utterly wrong for this series. FC6 is not a bad game (other than their design philosophy around enemy spawning). It is also the game that has gotten the biggest shaft in terms of relevant DLC. They should have gone BLOODDRAGON with this (and maybe even use stylized versions of Dani who is and isn't "Dani") instead of - it looks like - playing it straight.

Ywap

I bet people are beside themselves of excitement....:messenger_smirking: So, have it been released in any timezone?

Does anyone know when it´s supposed to drop?

Last edited:

wipeout364

I don’t understand why they feel the need to use the main character from 6. I am not sure why they made this, but it looks like a prototype of game ideas that didn’t work out so they are selling something they threw together for 20 dollars.

Looks like they tried to do another New Dawn and the project fell apart.

Ywap

Looks like they tried to do another New Dawn and the project fell apart.
Could be but it seems like they have a massive hard-on for the Rogue-style stuff nowdays. All the 3 DLC:s had the exact same gameplay but in a different setting. Really boring imo :(

Ywap

Played a couple of hours and were very pleasantly surprised!

Great gameplay imo. I played on hardest diffculty + removal of stuff like minimap, enemy indicator, grenade warning etc so the combat were really fun.

I can imagine this would be quite challenging with a gamepad. Graphics top notch as expected :messenger_horns:

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Far Cry 6: Lost Between Worlds is available now, starting at €19.99. Conquer life-or-death trials in this all-new Dani Rojas story. Lost Between Worlds is a rich, action-packed gauntlet with deadly crystal enemies, multiple player paths, all-new lore, and a wide variety of unique gameplay challenges. Base game is required to play the Expansion.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Far Cry 6: Lost Between Worlds is available now, starting at €19.99. Conquer life-or-death trials in this all-new Dani Rojas story. Lost Between Worlds is a rich, action-packed gauntlet with deadly crystal enemies, multiple player paths, all-new lore, and a wide variety of unique gameplay challenges. Base game is required to play the Expansion.

Top Bottom