• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 6: Meet the Villain: Antón Cinematic

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Let Antón Castillo teach you a dictatorship lesson... With his 13-year-old son Diego following in his father’s bloody footsteps, Antón has the future of Yara clenched tightly in his hands.

Far Cry 6 will be available 7th October, 2021 on Xbox Series X, Xbox One, PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Uplay, Uplay+, Epic Games and Stadia.

Last edited:

LostDonkey

Not sure where you are seeing this. The lip-syncing looks pretty good to me. Certinly no worse than FC5.

They just look like puppets. No tongue movement, no nuances to each word. Just mouths opening and closing if you get me.

It can't be that hard to mocap the actors mouths these days with the processing power available can it? This is not a low budget game.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
that was terrible.
Stiff jerky animation
dry plastic skin...
And the premise of cutscene is cliche af
Looks like the typical facial and lip animations from 6-7 years ago. Nothing special.

Still waiting for games to match LA Noire. A game that came out a decade ago on 360/PS3, yet still has the best lip syncing ever in a game. And also solid facial expressions too.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

They just look like puppets. No tongue movement, no nuances to each word. Just mouths opening and closing if you get me.

It can't be that hard to mocap the actors mouths these days with the processing power available can it? This is not a low budget game.
DtkdMMO.gif

Am I be over dramatic or do the facial animations look absolutely terrible? The mouth movements look really poor and don't line up with what's being said. I expect much better really in this day and age.
Yeah, they really do. The Last of Us 2 set the bar high up in the heaven. The overall animation, from what I've seen so far, looks very dated.

HTK

Banned
Why do all Ubisoft games have this weird plastic, unrealistic look to them? Hard to describe exactly, but they are always the same across all of their games. So underwhelming. I don't get it.

Armorian

Banned
that was terrible.
Stiff jerky animation
dry plastic skin...
And the premise of cutscene is cliche af

Yep, no subsurface scattering even (it was standard in many PS4 games)

Dunia needs major upgrade or Ubi have to use different engine for FC7, even FC5 was outdated.

Top Bottom