• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 6 - Official Review Thread

winjer

Gold Member
Seems to be an average FPS. Just another Far Cry, with little to nothing new.
Might be worth it at a steep discount, a few months from now.

sircaw

Banned
i did not even play the last two games, wonder if this one is/will be better, will be interesting to hear from the fans of the series what they think in regards to that.

Bragr

Banned
it sure as hell fills a hole
giphy.gif

Starfield

im getting it Day 1 when it comes to gamepass

77 on Metacritic right now. Kinda too high if you ask me with no Map Editor included.

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
Not. . .really? FC5 has a 82/20 on OpenCritic and FC6 is sitting at 78/81. Those are right on top of each other in terms of quality. However, as I mentioned, just going off a number is a poor way of gauging a games quality.
We are talking about the reception to it though, not whatever the number means. Most companies are desperate to get their games over an 80 on meta. I might be able to climb there as many reviews are still not done, but I would imagine that there is a lot of disappointed folks right now within Ubi.

J3nga

Pretty much what I expected, I think it's a fair deal for 15 euros so subscribed to Ubi+, have absolutely no interest in owning this at full price let alone on Epic store.

Last edited:
Not impressed from what I’ve seen, bland, more or less the same template with a different look. Admittedly I’ve grown cynical of the “TRIPLLE A “ category if there is one and to be fair Ubisoft are not the only ones doing this.

Looks fun from the reviews I've watched. I always buy Ubisoft games day 1 only for them to be £15 by the time I get round to playing them properly so I'll try and wait for a bit but will probably be playing it by the weekend if I'm being honest with myself.

Vagswarm

I'll definitely be waiting a while to hear what the word of mouth is from the players. The weapons look like they could be fun.

Last edited:

iorek21

Ubisoft for sure is consistent on their Metacritic scores. I’m getting this since I know what I’ll get.

I’m more worried about Back 4 Blood’s score since I have no clue about what we’ll be getting (Evolve still hurts).

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Same here.

Can you pre-load with + or do you have to wait until it´s released to download it?

You can preload and play if you have a VPN. Currently in the game from the Americas. Also, this is running pretty well on what I would consider mediocre hardware (AMD 5700/i5-8400/16GB Ram).

Topher

Gold Member
You can preload and play if you have a VPN. Currently in the game from the Americas. Also, this is running pretty well on what I would consider mediocre hardware (AMD 5700/i5-8400/16GB Ram).

How does VPN into America or from America to somewhere else? I'm in US and the game isn't available to play.

Apparently I got it free with my AMD 5900x, the code has been redeemed but there's nothing in ubisoft connect program, no preload or anything.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Gonna pass barely got thru 5, so tired of the Ubisoft open world game.

thatJohann

I keep reading how bad the performance and screen tearing are on PS5 - any impressions of performance and screen tearing on Xbox Series X?

Miles708

It's one of those games you already have played even without having actually played it.
Been there, done that. A thousand times already.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
More Far Cry 5 but in a more interesting setting. Exactly what I wanted. Preload is almost done. Can't wait to play it!

Last edited:
Gone play it on ubisoft+ and finally cancel that subscription after I beat it on PC, can't wait lol. Game looks fun and what I'd expect from Far Cry so I think it'll be cool

Top Bottom