• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 6 - Official Review Thread

Why the fuck is there a very low health bar with above dead enemies just after you've shot them?

I don't know if anyone noticed this but it's annoying to have a health bar above an enemy you just 1 shot killed. I end up sometimes taking another quick shot thinking the NPC still has like 5% health left when in fact he's dead.

Anyone noticed this?

Bragr

Banned
Why the fuck is there a very low health bar with above dead enemies just after you've shot them?

I don't know if anyone noticed this but it's annoying to have a health bar above an enemy you just 1 shot killed. I end up sometimes taking another quick shot thinking the NPC still has like 5% health left when in fact he's dead.

Anyone noticed this?
Yeah, I think it's some bug.

Max_Po

Banned

Anyone noticed this?

Its not a bug, even though he is dead ... part of him is still trying to order a ps5. ..

There is some antifa songs and shit in the game. jesus christ ubisoft and their bullshit.
Isn't the main antagonist a fascist dictator, in control of a violent fascist regime? And don't you play as a character taking part in a revolution meant to topple said fascist dictator? And you're surprised there are antifa references in the game? For real?

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Ok so I played for 3 hours now and I'd say it's a lot better than FC4, 5 and New Dawn. Not at the level of FC3 but I'm enjoying the game for now. What baffle me though is the technical aspect of the game as it can look very nice:

gClGlC.png
gClaX5.png

And then, all of a sudden you got this:

gCz84T.png
gCzANb.png

Ok I launched the game again and now I have this weird bug were this things keep clipping on and off the screen, very annoying:
Solution: don't touch the game in the Nvidia control panel.

Far_Cry_6_Screenshot_2021.10.08_-_00.13.00.11.png

Last edited:
I’m really liking it, hated FC5, this one seems way more focused on story and characters.

I just think that the PS5 version looks… err… okayish? Everything seems so low res for some reason.

I heard there was a texture pack somewhere, do I have to manually install it or is is automatically downloaded?
This! This is really bumming me out because the game was heavily marketed as "4k/60". We all know devs love to lie about 4k but this seemed like a shoe in for something close to native 4k, esp after news of no RT on console. Not only that but early analysis done on the game yesterday had the game at "1800-2160 using DRS" on ps5.

It definitely ain't 1800p. This is Avengers all over again where ps5 looked significantly less clean on ps5 then series x.

I think its absolute BS that developers are allowed to throw around "4k" knowing damn well that we've all been conditioned since 2017 that "4k" means something at or close to native 4k. To make matters worse not a single gaming media outlet questions these companies to be SPECIFIC about the actual resolution numbers prior to release. Not a single "journalist" and it's game after game after game that this happens.

Justin9mm

I ended up getting the physical version on PS5 for like $39 AUD here in Australia, that's $28 USD.. Haven't booted it up yet but at this price I don't care if it's not good, I can already sell it for profit secondhand lol

Ok so I played for 3 hours now and I'd say it's a lot better than FC4, 5 and New Dawn. Not at the level of FC3 but I'm enjoying the game for now. What baffle me though is the technical aspect of the game as it can look very nice:

gClGlC.png
gClaX5.png

gCz84T.png
gCzANb.png

Ok I launched the game again and now I have this weird bug were this things keep clipping on and off the screen, very annoying:

I made a similar post earlier. I’m on a 3090 playing it and one moment it’s absolutely beautiful, the next area will look like absolute horse shit lol. It’s kind of all over the place

I guess this is the OT now eh? About to fire it up now, have to see if the texture pack is downloaded with the game on ps5.

Last edited:

TheMan

Does anyone else have a weird bug where they cant crouch, move forward, and strafe right at the safe time? I can strafe forward and left simultaneously, and I can strafe right without moving forward.

Mossybrew

And what should always be remembered when considering reviews, game reviewers are operating on a fundamentally different level than players. They are on a deadline to formulate an opinion, a sprawling game like this or Valhalla, a hobbyist gamer might contemplate the scope of the game and think, ah yeah, look at all the hours I can play this, gonna take my time and get my moneys worth, where a reviewer is like, shit I have to play enough of this to formulate a very public opinion that will hold up! Or just go the Polygon route and try to throw some random social justice ideas into the mix for clicks. Anyway its a different motivation and mindset and I think actual players are going to like this game a lot more than most reviewers. Im just kicking back with Guapo in the jungle, taking in the ambiance of the setting with no hurry, laughing as Juan explains the ins and outs of the workbench.

Last edited:

Chiggs

Far Cry 6 vs Far Cry 5

Spoilers that I won't get into, but there's a WHOLE LOT of changes in 6 vs 5. Wonder how many reviewers captured the detail this guy did?

Anyway its a different motivation and mindset and I think actual players are going to like this game a lot more than most reviewers.

Completely agree. So far, so good.

Last edited:

Justin9mm

And what should always be remembered when considering reviews, game reviewers are operating on a fundamentally different level than players. They are on a deadline to formulate an opinion, a sprawling game like this or Valhalla, a hobbyist gamer might contemplate the scope of the game and think, ah yeah, look at all the hours I can play this, gonna take my time and get my moneys worth, where a reviewer is like, shit I have to play enough of this to formulate a very public opinion that will hold up! Or just go the Polygon route and try to throw some random social justice ideas into the mix for clicks. Anyway its a different motivation and mindset and I think actual players are going to like this game a lot more than most reviewers. Im just kicking back with Guapo in the jungle, taking in the ambiance of the setting with no hurry, laughing as Julio explains the ins and outs of the workbench.
I agree with this. People have to take this type of thing into account. I always look at reviews as a loose guide as to what to expect rather than formulate my own opinion if the game is good or not based on a few reviews I read or watch.

I also can't stand people who formulate their opinions on games which they have never even played. That is the worst thing in the gaming community.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
The best new feature in Far Cry 6 is Dani singing along to songs on the radio.

She can't sing. It's so charming.

GymWolf

Yeah, 3 hours in and i already remember why i got bored of fc5...

Ia, gunplay, animations and polish are just not there, the game sometimes feel like an AA more than a AAA if it wasn't for the good (but not great) graphic.

I had the mission where you get guapo that was a succession of glitches and ia doing strange things and this shit was super scripted lol...

Thank god for ubisoft pass, the thought of spending more than 15 euros for this thing send chills to my balls.

Also, can someone tells me why the game doesn't let me shoot with my weapon when i aim? Like i need to barely press the trigger to aim and shoot because if i press a bit more i can still aim but i can't shoot, it's kinda like the game simulate that bullshit adaptive trigger thingy in the dualsense but i'm on pc and with a nacon controller, first time i have this type of problem, is it some stupid option to disable?! It makes aiming and shooting absolute shit.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Far Cry 6 (PC PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S/One) is here and it's filled with evil characters, wild action, and some stuff you've already seen. Let's dive in.

Last edited:
I loved Far Cry 5 but I my enjoyment was severely limited by the forced progression of the story (if you know what I mean), which made me feel stressed out and I couldn't do everything I wanted in my own pace.

Any word on FC6, if there are any similar elements?

GymWolf

I loved Far Cry 5 but I my enjoyment was severely limited by the forced progression of the story (if you know what I mean), which made me feel stressed out and I couldn't do everything I wanted in my own pace.

No kidnapping here, vai tranquillo.

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned

I haven't noticed any of that personally, and I haven't seen it highlighted in any reviews, but that's only from what I've played and read.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially

No, Far Cry 6 is pure freedom. You can do whatever you want. You don't have to do a single side activity and follow the main story if you want to.

DonJorginho

Banned
Yo jorgi, any help for my controller bug?!
I just read that, really fucking weird, is there an option in the PC controls menu like there is in the PS5 menu to turn on/off adaptive triggers? Maybe the game could be having some trouble realising whether it's a Dualsense connected or not? Only thing I can think of as that's a really fucking strange bug.

GymWolf

I just read that, really fucking weird, is there an option in the PC controls menu like there is in the PS5 menu to turn on/off adaptive triggers? Maybe the game could be having some trouble realising whether it's a Dualsense connected or not? Only thing I can think of as that's a really fucking strange bug.
I didn't saw nothing and i'm not even using a dual sense and i used the current controller with hundreds of games without a problem...i'm gonna check again later.

Ubisoft just being ubisoft i guess.

Last edited:

GymWolf

The game runs pretty well on my end, 1440p60 pretty stable, texture and environment details on ultra, everything else on high, shadow on med, fog on low and texture pack enabled (no rtx or any other special feature enabled)

even with the texure pack sometimes i see some low res textures but then sometimes they recover in a different scene, probably my vram is not enough and instead of framerate hiccups i get some not perfectly loaded texture like on the protagonist armour, guapo and the villain dress, i kinda wanna try without the texture pack to see if the difference is that big since i hate the low res textures on the crocodile when i pet him.

It doesn't look super good except some rare moments when the light\panorama is the right one but at least it runs fine.

2070super\8600k stock freq here.

Last edited:
I play on PC with FOV set to 120 and every time you enter a vehicle the FOV changes to the default one. It's so claustrophobic and so frustrating.
Lol this.

Wondered if I maybe skipped menu option for vehicle FOV.

Driving too long In a vehicle gives me headaches. I'd rather air drop and wingsuit in to a mission.

Ogbert

It’s good fun. More enjoyable than 5.

In terms of development, they need to improve the gunplay. I actually have no problem with the formula. It’s Open World; you shoot stuff.

But aiming on controller is sluggish and built around ads lock-on rather than well turned aiming and overall ‘feel’.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Maybe it was because I binged out on WILDLANDS the last two weeks, but I started FC6 trying to go for an immersive mode (on PC) and while I had fun, I wasn't having an all around good time. Swapping over to the PS5 and I left some of the HUD features and Gameplay systems on to just beeline through old content (with the idea of turning it back on when I got caught up) and yeah, this isn't an immersive sim. This is FC and tagging enemies so that you can take them all down in a spectacular fashion is the name of the game here not subtlety.

. . .although I did spend an hour and a half on the tanker mission trying to get a complete silent takedown confident that there had to be an achievement for it. There wasn't but I at least learned a lot about how the game works (internal mechanics and such) that I now have a good idea what I'm looking for in weapons and Supremo Gadgets.

gClGlC.png
gClaX5.png

gCz84T.png
gCzANb.png

Do you have the HD Texture pack installed?

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I do indeed. I saw it can be the cause, so let's hope it's fixed soon.

I'm 99.999999% sure that is the source of your random low-texture issues (and perhaps any other random graphical issues you are seeing). They REALLY need to be a bit more emphatic/explicit on their warnings for using this texture pack; it doesn't (at least it didn't for me) produce any noticeable performance impact (that isn't fixed with like FSR) so you'll get several hours or so into the game when the first texture oddity pops up and you think it's a new error instead of one that was just hiding.

Derktron

Banned
Forgive me gaming God but I’m playing it on Stadia thanks to Ubisoft + and I’m enjoying it so far. Haven’t gotten bored of it yet like I did with Far Cry 5. Seems solid enough as of yet. I will try on PC to see how it fairs this weekend. Visuals are a little off though. Not impressed by it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom