• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 6 Review Embargo Revealed

Tschumi

am i supposed to know what website elder legend represents?

Every far cry since 2 has focused on things that don't gel with me - it's got something to do with how much time they expect you to stay in one place, i think, everything's got a macdonald's vibe - i don't really expect much more from this one... but i'm not against being surprised, since they are apparently trying a few different things this time

Last edited:

Ywap

I just wanna shoot some stuff in a beautiful ray-tracing-spiced location in first person view :messenger_savoring:

Soo... I´ll be getting a Ubisoft+ month for this one(y)

KungFucius

King Snowflake
I liked FC3 but it kind of dragged near the end. Blood Dragon was the best. I dropped 4 and 5 at some point. They just didn't engage me. I also hated getting mauled by a mountain lion or an eagle right outside of a noisy base. I have this one free from AMD and will certainly play it, but I am expecting to not make it to the end just like the free Watch Dogs I got from NVidia.

So, real talk.

Where is everyone buying this?

I have a 3080, but it's in a system with a 6800k. I'm worried the CPU will let me down.

I also have an XSX and a PS5.

I'm leaning towards the PC, but the CPU concerns me.

Thoughts?
Get Ubisoft + for a month on PC. If it really sucks you are out 15 bucks, but can still try other ubi games.

Last edited:

Rykan

I can't wait to play Ubisoft game. Massive open world made up of exactly one type of environment, outposts to take over, going stealthy or full action. I'm so excited to see which skills I can unlock and what outstanding memorable villain I will have to defeat. I don't know about you guys, but I think Ubisoft game is a giant leap forward over previous Ubisoft game.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
This game looks fun. Excited to jump in and murder some assholes while they pet my dog.

thatJohann

I'm 0% interested in this. I think it's the open world burnout. Gimme a linear badass explosive Far Cry 7 and I'm back in.

So, real talk.

Where is everyone buying this?

I have a 3080, but it's in a system with a 6800k. I'm worried the CPU will let me down.

I also have an XSX and a PS5.

I'm leaning towards the PC, but the CPU concerns me.

Thoughts?
I have a 3080, 3700x pc, a XSX, and a PS5. I'll probably go XSX just because I prefer playing games like this sitting on the couch.

I feel like the only reason people say they like Far Cry 2 is because of the video below. It really wasn't that good of a game. It had a lot of design flaws. Far Cry 3 is definitely the best in the series.

Ha I've thought the same thing. How many people have actually played it that are saying it's better than all the other farcry's? The game had a ton of ambition sure, but very little oft that ambition was actually executed properly. It's an awkward, at times frustrating, slog of a game.

THEAP99

Banned
Looks like a 60 on metacritic to me in all aspects of what they've shown. But of course, it'll probably get like a 78 or 80

DarkestHour

Banned
We recieved an email that Far Cry 6 reviews are going be live on October 6th. Stay tuned!

We will post ours once the time comes. (No we haven't touched the game yet.) prior launch keys will be in soon.

Time to guess the score everyone! Sound off.

I still don't know who "we" is. How can I read your reviews if you don't tell us who you work for?

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I enjoy the loop of Far Cry games like a lot of people so I'm expecting 7's and 8's as it looks like the same formula which is getting long in the tooth. That being said, I'm definitely going to wait because Ubisoft games go on sale very quickly so I could easily see it having a 30% off sale by November leading into the holidays.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Reviews on the 6th gives enough time for people to request refunds on their digital copies suppose before midnight?

Looking forward to the pseudo intellectual takes about how Ubi Soft developers need to do better about some innocuous character or line of dialogue.

Last edited:

Bobjeff

Neo Member
Far Cry 3 was great.
Vaas approves this.
far cry 3 vaas montenegro GIF

Top Bottom