• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 6 to release on May 25,2021 according to Microsoft Store

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
unknown.png

Source

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Never played a far cry Ubisoft is always about assassins creed and ghost recon that’s it I’ll give 6 a shot I don’t believe you have to play previous games first.

iorek21

It’s very hard to get hyped for a new Far Cry after the last 3 games being completely recycled from FC3.
This franchise has a lot of potential (just look at how good FC2 and 3 are), but it seems Ubi is always aiming at the wrong goals.

Far Cry 2 should be the reference not only for FC, but also for other open-world games.

MadAnon

Tired of these yearly Far Cry 3 recycles. Far Cry 3 was a fantastic return of the series and then they decided to just reskin it over and over. But that's the way entertainment bussiness works today. Find a finacially successful formula and just repackage it over and over.

Dthomp

Never played a far cry Ubisoft is always about assassins creed and ghost recon that’s it I’ll give 6 a shot I don’t believe you have to play previous games first.

You don't have to play the previous titles, but a couple of them are great and could tide ya over til this inevitably goes on sale for 30 bucks like 2 weeks in because the likely reviews of it basically being 5 in a different setting (5 was 4 in a different setting, and 4 was 3 in a different setting). It's the usual Ubi formula with this series, same as the others you mentioned, they do the same thing with each installment. Crazy charismatic bad guy, monologues a ton, eventually kill them, and then the game carries on for another 15 hours....

Seriously though, if you want to try the series, grab a cheap copy of FC3 (My personal favorite of the series, played all but the first one), or even 5 since 6 will do alot of the same stuff just better hopefully.

These guys know what they are doing. You pick up a Far Cry and you know what you are getting into at this point.

Also got to join in with the FC2 fans. That game really is something special.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I am not big on the far cry franchise. I will look for something smaller than an ubi open world after I finish AC Valhalla.

Topher

Gold Member
Always love Far Cry, but FC5 left a lot to be desired. A bit over the top with religious fanaticism. Far Cry 3 and Far Cry 4 had better villains. This looks like a return to that style of Far Cry. At least I hope so.

johntown

Banned
I liked Farcry 3 but I have not had any real interest in the others. This is the first one that I have had any interest in for a while. Hope it will be good.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Far Cry 6 is one of many titles that I believe is getting delayed to 2022.

Sybrix

I really cannot believe there is a market for these open world Ubi games anymore

They have been done to death over the last 5 years, its the same shit year after year.

FC, WD,AC,GR - They are all interchangeable and have that horrible Ubisoft stank smothered over them

Caio

Far Cry 3 will be hard to top. Here's to hoping this one does it.

Yeah I loved Far Cry3, my most favourite. I liked Far Cry4 too, but not as much as 3, the story not as thrilling. Far Cry 5 was "meh" for me, disappointed. I really hope number 6 will be exciting. Fingers crossed.

zcaa0g

Banned
I really cannot believe there is a market for these open world Ubi games anymore

They have been done to death over the last 5 years, its the same shit year after year.

FC, WD,AC,GR - They are all interchangeable and have that horrible Ubisoft stank smothered over them

Many people just like mindless shooting in wide open pretty environments. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Top Bottom