• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Farland Story FX - a rare game with an english translation...and other awesome translations

VGEsoterica

It's always easier if I recommend a dumb obscure game on a dumber and more obscure console that you can actually play in English...and that's Farland Story FX on the PC-FX.

If you ARENT into tactical JRPG's then you won't find anything here with Farland Story FX that you would convert you to the genre, but if you ARE into the genre and are looking for a new and obscure game to play that's also legit fun...now you know about it ;)

Obviously if it was just in pure Japanese it would be a super hard recommendation to make but it is one of a handful of PC-FX games that have a full translation patch so you can enjoy the game from start to finish and understand exactly what the game is asking of you...which is awesome considering the game probably barely even sold many copies back when it was new.

But that got me thinking...what are some other peoples favorite fan translation projects? I'll go first...Policenauts! Getting that game in English was nothing short of amazing IMO

But I'd love to hear more opinions...maybe I'll find something I missed too!

Sakura Wars was translated a couple years ago, always heard of the series so it was awesome to finally be able to play the first one. Game was really great too - amazing art, fun dialog, and the best Koi-Koi music ever.

It actually pisses me off that the music wasn't a available in the PS4 Sakura Wars, even with the legacy BGM DLC.

VGEsoterica

Sakura Wars was translated a couple years ago, always heard of the series so it was awesome to finally be able to play the first one. Game was really great too - amazing art, fun dialog, and the best Koi-Koi music ever.

It actually pisses me off that the music wasn't a available in the PS4 Sakura Wars, even with the legacy BGM DLC.
They released legacy music dlc and still didn’t have the correct music? Oof

Osaka_Boss

It was released last year

Hmm, i might be curious about trying out the Farland Story FX translation on my actual PC-FX, but I remember trying the Zeroigar one and it would always crash on me at some point in a way that was a big killjoy.

Also I just remembered all characters had their own Koi-Koi music in the original Sakura Wars, and the one I'm thinking of as best is Kohran's (also best girl btw).

Last edited:

VGEsoterica

Hmm, i might be curious about trying out the Farland Story FX translation on my actual PC-FX, but I remember trying the Zeroigar one and it would always crash on me at some point in a way that was a big killjoy.
You need to use a high quality cd-r. tayto yuden quality. It’ll keep it from freezing / crashing when loading. PC-FX is very sensitive to reflectivity on a burnt disc

Top Bottom