• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fast food value meal wars going full blast as Wendy's/BK/McD/DQ/Checkers offer deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taco Bell is waiting for a battered winner of this fight to emerge and will strike when the time is right. They'll release a combo deal to end all combo deals.

I think Pizza Huts deal is the best, just because it contains things I'd actually want. Not interested in a single cheeseburger or chicken nuggets from BK.

I got the 2 for 5 each deal from Pizza Hut yesterday. 10 dollars (plus 3 for delivery) for a pan of baked ziti and a medium pizza was pretty good. They messed up and gave me breadsticks with my pasta as well, so that was a nice bonus.

I ate an entire pan of baked ziti like a disgusting animal. It was really good though, surprisingly good for fast food pasta.

My Pizza Hut also doesn't have wings, which is lame since I initially started my order because I wanted 5 dollar wings.

hermit7

Taco Bell is waiting for a battered winner of this fight to emerge and will strike when the time is right. They'll release a combo deal to end all combo deals.

Do they not have a 5 dollar box going on right now? They have been in the game from the start with those. KFC is the same way.

Jacobi

Banned
Why do all these ad photos feature glasses? Do you always get free ones in the USA or ar they just tehre if you sit down

Machine

Why do all these ad photos feature glasses? Do you always get free ones in the USA or ar they just tehre if you sit down

They all feature Coke too (except Pizza Hut, LOL). I guess the cola wars are officially over and Pepsi lost.

RoH

Marketing. The advertisers believe customers are more accepting with a little deceit added in for free...

BigDug13

That Karl's Jr breakfast deal has been going in San Diego for a year or more.

They all feature Coke too (except Pizza Hut, LOL). I guess the cola wars are officially over and Pepsi lost.

All the holdouts are the companies Pepsi used to own. Taco Bell, KFC, Pizza Hut.

Tubobutts

Carls Jr. has also been doing an any two burgers for $5.50 deal.

And the stupid Pizza Hut near me isn't doing the $5 thing,

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
krystalspecial-600x235.jpg

My one fast food weakness is a bag of five of Crystal's chicken sandwiches.

gotta say value prices for fast food( and other products in general) really turn me off...at some point you gotta think how poor the quality of food is, to be able to sell it for so little and yet still make a good profit off it.

that burger king one is a lot of value for 4 bucks though

ATF487

cryingeagle.gif

I hate a lot of things about America but having ridiculous meal deals and restaurants/businesses open all the time are definitely not some of them.

The pizza hut deal is dumb imo. If they really wanted to uppercut the pizza market they should've made those items five bucks a pop without the catch. Dominos haa been doing their 5.99 thing for years and can easily slash those prices.

Also once again with that pre prepared pasta shit, it doesn't appeal to vegetarians. I sincerely hate that they do that shit.

Nairume

Banned
I feel like Hardee's has always done things like that, at least my local one. I'm always seeing "Two ____ for $3" signs out. Not to mention the $5 Big Bag thing.
Yeah, the Hardee's I lived next to for three years always had a 2 for 3/3.50 deal going for both breakfast and lunch/dinner.

I don't think I've even seen one in the past decade that didn't at least have a breakfast deal going.

Yeah, the Hardee's I lived next to for three years always had a 2 for 3/3.50 deal going for both breakfast and lunch/dinner.

I don't think I've even seen one in the past decade that didn't at least have a breakfast deal going.
Does your Hardee's sell chicken boxes?

norm9

Ordered a Mcdouble and Mcchicken for lunch yesterday and it only cost two bucks. Thought they made a mistake and talked to drive thru girl. She said it's a new deal.

Redd

Hmmm, 2 Mcdoubles and 2 orders of mozzarella sticks. Guess I know what I'm having for lunch tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom