• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Jormbo, this new event re-run is a great one for you to jump in to. There are a few good free Craft Essences, and it gives away a free single target Rider (Kintoki) that's really strong. I'm not sure what the requirements to participate are, but if you can get in on this one, it'll be good for your account.

Also, I've found that Raikou (5* Berserker) has been one of my most valuable servants that I've gotten in the game, might be worth some Star Quartz to try to get her. She synergizes really really well with Merlin and has Berserker's natural extra damage against almost everything.

rp1qdvbucri21.jpg

Which event? I don't see one active.
I've actually been using that berserker in the support slot from you and deanote666 deanote666 . She makes grinding dailies quick.

I did just pull a 5 star Berserker myself - Florence Nightingale. It looks like more of a party support character over raw damage dealer though.

This weeks progress is:
Mash (60)
Elisabeth Bathory (60)
Suzuka Gozen (70)
Florence Nightingale (50)
Carmilla (50)
Medusa (40)

I need to finish up London and then grind two more ascension mats for Carmilla. Mash and Suzuka are capped as far as I can get them now. Elisabeth's next mats look like a pain in the ass to get where I am now.

Last edited:

Pejo

Which event? I don't see one active.
I've actually been using that berserker in the support slot from you and deanote666 deanote666 . She makes grinding dailies quick.

I did just pull a 5 star Berserker myself - Florence Nightingale. It looks like more of a party support character over raw damage dealer though.

This weeks progress is:
Mash (60)
Elisabeth Bathory (60)
Suzuka Gozen (70)
Florence Nightingale (50)
Carmilla (50)
Medusa (40)

I need to finish up London and then grind two more ascension mats for Carmilla. Mash and Suzuka are capped as far as I can get them now. Elisabeth's next mats look like a pain in the ass to get where I am now.
Here's the guide from the original run of the JP version. I couldn't find the original NA guide.

They just released news about it today, it should show up in game in a day or so. It looks like the original requirement to get in is to beat the first singularity, so you should be golden.

Nightengale is a pretty good support, though I haven't used her much. I wouldn't say she's a priority to build. If you are looking to build a berserker, I'd probably go with either Kiyohime or Darius. Lu Bu is actually a really strong boss killer too, though I haven't personally built him. He's always top 3 in damage vs. almost every class in the game at NP5 (which you eventually will get). Mash gets the ability to get uncapped further as you progress the story, unfortunately her bond level is also progressed by story.

Materials are the never-ending grind in this game, but as you play for a while, you'll get a lot of what you need from event shops just by playing the events.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I see the ad just popped up today and the event starts tomorrow. It looks like I can get some of the mats I need and a decent 4 star servant from it.

I don’t have much quartz to use. I think I’m at around 10 and a ticket or two. I haven’t really been hording anything since there’s so much stuff I still need. I’m starting to feel a bit more confident with my party so maybe I’ll try holding on to my currency for banners I like.

Pejo

Are they going to bring back the Summer event? Anyone heard anything?
The rerun of first summer, or this year's new stuff? The rerun should be the very next event if we follow JP's schedule (which we mostly do). New summer event is 2-3 away.

EDarkness

The rerun of first summer, or this year's new stuff? The rerun should be the very next event if we follow JP's schedule (which we mostly do). New summer event is 2-3 away.

I'm saving everything I have for that. I hope I can at least get some 4* units this time. Not sure if I'm gonna participate in the upcoming event. I didn't like it last year and I already have Biker Kintoki and all of the required things for him. If I do mess with it, it'll be to collect up EXP cards and such since I have so many units that have to be leveled up to max and the 2x bonus we got for leveling up didn't net me anything (not for the lack of trying).

Heh, I gave up playing this game a while ago, but after playing and beating Fate Extella Link a couple of weeks ago, I've had this Fate itch, so I'm back to just do easy fights with my crew and level some folks up. I did get a couple of 5* servants recently, which helped my mood. I don't think I'm gonna get so lucky on a banner I actually care about....

Pejo

I'm saving everything I have for that. I hope I can at least get some 4* units this time. Not sure if I'm gonna participate in the upcoming event. I didn't like it last year and I already have Biker Kintoki and all of the required things for him. If I do mess with it, it'll be to collect up EXP cards and such since I have so many units that have to be leveled up to max and the 2x bonus we got for leveling up didn't net me anything (not for the lack of trying).

Heh, I gave up playing this game a while ago, but after playing and beating Fate Extella Link a couple of weeks ago, I've had this Fate itch, so I'm back to just do easy fights with my crew and level some folks up. I did get a couple of 5* servants recently, which helped my mood. I don't think I'm gonna get so lucky on a banner I actually care about....
You really missed out on the S.E.R.A.P.H. event. It had a really great story, even better than the singularities up until America, IMO. BB is a fun free servant to play around with too.

We just got a bunch of strengthening quests, so if you have Vlad (berserker) or Ruler Jeanne, I'd recommend doing them. Vlad gets a nice damage boost and Jeanne's NP loses the self-stun and gives a debuff cleanse. Her utility just shot through the roof.

EDarkness

You really missed out on the S.E.R.A.P.H. event. It had a really great story, even better than the singularities up until America, IMO. BB is a fun free servant to play around with too.

We just got a bunch of strengthening quests, so if you have Vlad (berserker) or Ruler Jeanne, I'd recommend doing them. Vlad gets a nice damage boost and Jeanne's NP loses the self-stun and gives a debuff cleanse. Her utility just shot through the roof.

Heh, heh. Well, you know my feeling about hard fights in this game. I won't get into that again. If they make some easy/moderate fights then I'll proceed, but the shitty fights they can keep. The story is pretty terrible in this game, too...at least in my opinion. I pretty much skip over it all now.

I didn't know that Joan got buffed. I don't think I have her maxed yet, so that's probably why I haven't seen it on the list yet. I don't have Vlad (and don't use berserkers) so that doesn't matter to me. I haven't used Joan that much, but maybe I'll put her through the paces. I got Meltryllis and I have to build her up as well. I can see her coming in handy at some point. Same with Passionlip (even though I think her design sucks). I've mainly been leveling up Shuten-Douji and I have her almost capped off. That'll probably happen today since I can do a fight in-between making new builds of my game.

Thanks for the heads up about Joan. I didn't even know she got buffed. I'll make sure to get her built up next.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Got Raikou and Assassin Emiya from my 10 pull :)

My luck for the duration of this game is probably all used up now.

Last edited:

Pejo

Got Raikou and Assassin Emiya from my 10 pull :)

My luck for the duration of this game is probably all used up now.
Damn, nice gets there. Raikou should be a priority to get maxed out, she will carry you through a lot of content. If you really want to see her shine, pair her with a Merlin. Use all of Merlin's buffs the turn that she NPs, and the very next turn you'll be doing insane crits.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I burned one summoning ticket today and got .... Raikou again. Is it best to use the duplicate to raise the NP on my main one?

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Event has been pretty good for me. Got Kintoki now and leveled him to 60. My new Emiya Archer is up to 40 and I got Raikou up to 90. Also got Liz up to 80 and Carmilla up to 70. I'm working on her last Ascension mats now. I might spend a few rolls to try for Tamamo when she pops back up. I don't have much quartz but Caster is the only gap I have currently.

Pejo

Event has been pretty good for me. Got Kintoki now and leveled him to 60. My new Emiya Archer is up to 40 and I got Raikou up to 90. Also got Liz up to 80 and Carmilla up to 70. I'm working on her last Ascension mats now. I might spend a few rolls to try for Tamamo when she pops back up. I don't have much quartz but Caster is the only gap I have currently.
Not that Tamamo isn't good, but unless you really like her as a character, I wouldn't prioritize her. Merlin and Waver are #1 and #2 in priority if you care about gameplay. Double Merlin (your Merlin + friend unit Merlin) + a servant with a good Buster Card NP and cards pretty much destroys a lot of content in the game. Your Raikou becomes an absolute monster with double Merlin. Tamamo is great for Arts teams (usually built around group healing, invincibility, etc). Arts teams generally are built to outlast the opponent, and some strategies can take 100+ turns using them, but they do feel generally "safe". If you are looking for a caster attacker, Sanzang is great and always available in the pool, Nitocris is a fantastic farming unit (she has instant death chance on her NP), and Nursery Rhyme, Helena, Edison are bound to spook you someday.

That said, if you just like Tamamo, no shame in waiting for a rate up. You can see the approximate order of banners here to kinda plan out what you want:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Not that Tamamo isn't good, but unless you really like her as a character, I wouldn't prioritize her. Merlin and Waver are #1 and #2 in priority if you care about gameplay. Double Merlin (your Merlin + friend unit Merlin) + a servant with a good Buster Card NP and cards pretty much destroys a lot of content in the game. Your Raikou becomes an absolute monster with double Merlin. Tamamo is great for Arts teams (usually built around group healing, invincibility, etc). Arts teams generally are built to outlast the opponent, and some strategies can take 100+ turns using them, but they do feel generally "safe". If you are looking for a caster attacker, Sanzang is great and always available in the pool, Nitocris is a fantastic farming unit (she has instant death chance on her NP), and Nursery Rhyme, Helena, Edison are bound to spook you someday.

That said, if you just like Tamamo, no shame in waiting for a rate up. You can see the approximate order of banners here to kinda plan out what you want:

I think there is a Tamamo rate up coming for another day or two with the current event. I didn't have many quartz when it popped the other day. I've used Merlin a few times in my support slot and really like him, but I don't see a banner coming up any time soon.

Pejo

I think there is a Tamamo rate up coming for another day or two with the current event. I didn't have many quartz when it popped the other day. I've used Merlin a few times in my support slot and really like him, but I don't see a banner coming up any time soon.
While both of those things are true, you might want to also think about the upcoming summer banners. I'm not sure where you live on the waifu scale, but summer banners have a lot of servants and are only available once a year. If you plan on trying for any of them, it might be wise to wait and save the Quartz.

For instance, Nero (Caster) comes out for this year's summer event: https://fategrandorder.fandom.com/wiki/Nero_Claudius_(Caster).

The summer banners will rotate featured servants by the day, and there's a total of 4 total banners (last year summer units and the new ones for this year). Just something to keep in mind.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
While both of those things are true, you might want to also think about the upcoming summer banners. I'm not sure where you live on the waifu scale, but summer banners have a lot of servants and are only available once a year. If you plan on trying for any of them, it might be wise to wait and save the Quartz.

For instance, Nero (Caster) comes out for this year's summer event: https://fategrandorder.fandom.com/wiki/Nero_Claudius_(Caster).

The summer banners will rotate featured servants by the day, and there's a total of 4 total banners (last year summer units and the new ones for this year). Just something to keep in mind.

So much going on so little currency. I'll check out that event.

Pejo

Agartha starts tonight at midnight PST. I'm still a full singularity behind on Shinjuku. I generally like to marathon the stories, so maybe this weekend I'll catch up.

Keep in mind if you want Penth or Wu, we'll be getting a SR servant selector in the upcoming months that they'll be available on in case you want to skip this banner to save for summer banners. I'm personally doing a single 10 pull to see where my luck stands then hard stopping.

Also, finish up any farming this current event before the dailies switch at 5PM Pacific time today. The event ends at that time instead of the usual time of 9PM (before the maintenance).

Pejo

Managed to actually get super lucky on my 10 pull - got rainbow orbs, saw gold caster card, which turned into..... Waver NP5 ; ;

3 cards later, another gold Caster card on normal orbs and sure enough, got "Caster of Nightless City"! Brown mom ahoy

latest

I'm pretty damn happy right now. Back into save mode for summer.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Managed to actually get super lucky on my 10 pull - got rainbow orbs, saw gold caster card, which turned into..... Waver NP5 ; ;

3 cards later, another gold Caster card on normal orbs and sure enough, got "Caster of Nightless City"! Brown mom ahoy

latest

I'm pretty damn happy right now. Back into save mode for summer.

Congrats. You inspired me to try one 10 pull myself. I didn't get any new servants but got my first Kaleidoscope. I've been wanting to get one of those.

Pejo

Congrats. You inspired me to try one 10 pull myself. I didn't get any new servants but got my first Kaleidoscope. I've been wanting to get one of those.
Huge quality of life improvement there. Nice pull! A fully limit broken Imaginary Element is also a good budget option as you eventually get more of those. Still the 80% NP at start threshold is really important for instant NPs with either Helena/Merlin/etc as your support. Waver can give instant 50% NP which may be more important until you get some better Craft Essences.

deanote666

Grats on your pulls!

I got all 3 new servants with 120 SQ on the new banner. The berserker was a silver card upgrade.

Still working on max ascending all of my servants. With the 3 new ones, I'm back up to 13 that aren't max ascended out of 149 servants...

Back to the ember mines...

EDarkness

I have a question. I pulled and got the 5* caster lady, but her name is ???. Will I be able to get her name to show at some point even if I can't run the Singularity? I've checked all around, but haven't been able to find out the answer. I guess if she stays ???, then I guess that's fine.

Pejo

I have a question. I pulled and got the 5* caster lady, but her name is ???. Will I be able to get her name to show at some point even if I can't run the Singularity? I've checked all around, but haven't been able to find out the answer. I guess if she stays ???, then I guess that's fine.
That's right, her name will be hidden until you complete the story for Agartha.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Just saw we are getting a free 30 quartz soon. I'm also coming up on my 100 day login which gives 30 quartz. It's raining quartz.

Pejo

Just saw we are getting a free 30 quartz soon. I'm also coming up on my 100 day login which gives 30 quartz. It's raining quartz.
Yea the anniversary is right around the corner. Last year they fucked it up for global big time by doing literally nothing on the anniversary and making everyone wait weeks for a completely lackluster panel an an anime expo. This year, they're actually giving us the quartz on the anniversary and then doing whatever extra stuff later. I think this anniversary is the one with the Sherlock Holmes banner and you'll get to pick one CE out of this list, so get planning. It's a pretty hard choice for me between Nito, Euryale, or Boudica.

We should also get some more strengthening quests, I think this is the round with Sanzang, the MHX girls, and Amakusa, so I'm looking forward to those. I hope they do something special/different for Global, it kinda sucks knowing exactly what you're going to get.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
When does the anniversary start? I read there's also a chance to roll for a guarenteed SSR with paid quartz. I will probably throw down a little money for that.

Pejo

When does the anniversary start? I read there's also a chance to roll for a guarenteed SSR with paid quartz. I will probably throw down a little money for that.
The expo that they're giving out details for is in like a week and some days, so likely not before that. Same kinda bullshit they did to us last year, but at least we got our Anniversary Quartz on the actual day of the anniversary this year. I forget which Paid gacha this is, I think it's a class one. So you pick a class and use paid Quartz to roll a 10 roll, with guaranteed SSR of that class out of a selection of possible servants. It's not every SSR, but there are some good ones in there regardless. Assassin one has been really weak since the launch of the game because there were very few SSR non-limited servants, I'm not sure that there are many more now lol.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
The expo that they're giving out details for is in like a week and some days, so likely not before that. Same kinda bullshit they did to us last year, but at least we got our Anniversary Quartz on the actual day of the anniversary this year. I forget which Paid gacha this is, I think it's a class one. So you pick a class and use paid Quartz to roll a 10 roll, with guaranteed SSR of that class out of a selection of possible servants. It's not every SSR, but there are some good ones in there regardless. Assassin one has been really weak since the launch of the game because there were very few SSR non-limited servants, I'm not sure that there are many more now lol.

From what I read this SSR roll will include a pool of around 50 SSRs, then you get one of those.

SSRlist2ndanniv.png

Pejo

From what I read this SSR roll will include a pool of around 50 SSRs, then you get one of those.

SSRlist2ndanniv.png
Oh right on. This is the other type of paid roll. I kinda prefer the Class based ones since you have a little more control over what you get, but this one has limited servants in it, so that's nice too. The "prize" of this pool is definitely Merlin or Jeanne Alter (though I don't think Jeanne is as big a deal as some make her out to be). Gilgamesh, Musashi, and Archer Artoria are the next best. That said, with a new account like yours, you can't really go wrong.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Oh right on. This is the other type of paid roll. I kinda prefer the Class based ones since you have a little more control over what you get, but this one has limited servants in it, so that's nice too. The "prize" of this pool is definitely Merlin or Jeanne Alter (though I don't think Jeanne is as big a deal as some make her out to be). Gilgamesh, Musashi, and Archer Artoria are the next best. That said, with a new account like yours, you can't really go wrong.

I have three of the ones listed. Somehow I fully expect I will end up with a dupe :p

EDarkness

SSRlist2ndanniv.png

Oh damn. There are a couple of servants I want. Archer Artoria, Cleopatra, any 5* rider, and maybe Merlin. I think I have enough paid SQ for one roll. Not sure what I should roll for. I want Archer Artoria, but the odds of getting her out of that pool isn't good and I could end up with something I don't want. I'll have to see how the banners play out. Still a good list, but it really drives how how few 5* servants I have.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't played this in forever and even then I never touched it more than twice because it froze. So I got a 5 star caster. No name. Black Girl with big tits. That is all.

EDarkness

I haven't played this in forever and even then I never touched it more than twice because it froze. So I got a 5 star caster. No name. Black Girl with big tits. That is all.

Congrats! Gotta do some silly story stuff to unlock her name, but her name is Scheherazade. I have two units that have no name now, but whatever. As long as their power isn't diminished, I don't care. Heh, heh.

deanote666

You need to progress in the story to unlock their names.

I only need 12 from that pool. Of those 12, 5 of the ones I need are normally locked...

So I have roughly 1/4 chance of getting something new...

Last edited:

Pejo

Congrats! Gotta do some silly story stuff to unlock her name, but her name is Scheherazade. I have two units that have no name now, but whatever. As long as their power isn't diminished, I don't care. Heh, heh.
The only other thing is that you won't be able to max ascend/skill the servants for some time until event shops start carrying the new ascension materials. You'll eventually get them, but you won't be able to do it right away if you don't beat the newer singularities.

EDarkness

The only other thing is that you won't be able to max ascend/skill the servants for some time until event shops start carrying the new ascension materials. You'll eventually get them, but you won't be able to do it right away if you don't beat the newer singularities.

Oh. I haven't gotten her to that point yet. Trying to level up some other servants, but she's on the list. I do wish I had a 5* caster attacker. Most of them seem to be buffers than damage dealers.

Pejo

Oh. I haven't gotten her to that point yet. Trying to level up some other servants, but she's on the list. I do wish I had a 5* caster attacker. Most of them seem to be buffers than damage dealers.
Yea for 5* attacker tier casters you have Illya and Sanzang for now, both single target. Da Vinci's AOE isn't terrible I guess, but I barely use her. For AoE casters I usually use Nito for the instant kill chance. Schez isn't bad, but only really does damage if the enemy is "king" trait. I think there's only a small handful of "king" class assassins, so that limits her usefulness a bit. If it were me I'd just go berserker against them, but I know you hate berserkers, lol.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
GSSR is tonight. Probably when the banners swap in an hour. Sherlock Holmes banner also for a few days.

They also announced all the anniversary goodies on the stream. They are doing the 10 quartz per singularity clear. If you log in all 7 days you also get 30 quartz on the 7th day. They are giving 10 quartz for free sometime today or tomorrow to celebrate Anime Expo. Summer rerun event starts July 12th.

Half AP dailies during anniversary. Singularity story quests permanently have their AP halved.

Last edited:

Pejo

GSSR is tonight. Probably when the banners swap in an hour. Sherlock Holmes banner also for a few days.

They also announced all the anniversary goodies on the stream. They are doing the 10 quartz per singularity clear. If you log in all 7 days you also get 30 quartz on the 7th day. They are giving 10 quartz for free sometime today or tomorrow to celebrate Anime Expo. Summer rerun event starts July 12th.

Half AP dailies during anniversary. Singularity story quests permanently have their AP halved.
Damn, I missed the whole thing. Even though it's like 90% chance I get a dupe SSR, I'm still going to do it. I wouldn't mind NP2 on quite a few of my servants.

For the 10 quartz per clear, what's the deadline? I, like a slacker, have waited on Shinjuku and Agartha so I'm hoping I at least have tomorrow to power through them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom