• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Desire sensor sees all. You fucked up!

On the plus side I did pull Caster Gil the other week. I've been holding off on dumping mats into him just incase I get Nero. If Nero fails me I can always level him.

Last edited:

Pejo

On the plus side I did pull Caster Gil the other week. I've been holding off on dumping mats into him just incase I get Nero. If Nero fails me I can always level him.
Oh nice, he's pretty good support from what I've read. I never got him, but I always found it weird that I don't really see him on supports very often. Gil in general is a pretty popular servant in the Fate franchise.

So I buckled down last night and burnt through the story of the rerun, got my shop items that I wanted......

Only to realize that I forgot that there was a second completely separate second half to the original summer event.

I think I'm just going to skip it and take the L on the tickets and quartz. I don't want to be burnt out before the new event even hits.

Pejo

Here we go boys, round 1 of this year's summer banner in a few hours. I look forward to seeing:

• Quartz budgeted for summer
  • Servant(s) you want
  • Servant(s) you got
Also, which team are you guys picking? I'm going with Raikou. I'd imagine the Saber duo are going to win, but we'll see!

JORMBO

Darkness no more
3 ten pulls and a few tickets.

Pull 1: Nitocris
Pull 2: Fran, Nero
Pull 3: Nero

Also got 1 of the new 5 star CEs, a few 4 stars and a pile of 3 stars. The 3 star CE seems to drop more from friend points then last round. A got a ton from 40k points. Last Summer event I blew 100k and didn’t even get one.

I don’t think I’m going to pull in the second banner because I’m out of quartz. Maybe just throw a few tickets towards it since the monthly shop resets this week and I can grab 5 tickets.

Haven’t picked a team yet for the event.

Last edited:

Pejo

3 ten pulls and a few tickets.

Pull 1: Nitocris
Pull 2: Fran, Nero
Pull 3: Nero

Also got 1 of the new 5 star CEs, a few 4 stars and a pile of 3 stars. The 3 star CE seems to drop more from friend points then last round. A got a ton from 40k points. Last Summer event I blew 100k and didn’t even get one.

I don’t think I’m going to pull in the second banner because I’m out of quartz. Maybe just throw a few tickets towards it since the monthly shop resets this week and I can grab 5 tickets.

Haven’t picked a team yet for the event.
Damn that's some great luck! Double Nero even. Congrats!

I ended up pulling more than I had originally budgeted because my pulls were so frustrating. I ended up doing 500~ quartz and got

-Off banner Arjuna (new to me at least, but didn't really want this one, at least on the summer banners)
-Off banner Penthesilea (new to me, did want her but planned on grabbing her with the 4* selector ticket we get later this year, still cool)
-Off banner rider Anne & Mary (7th or 8th dupe)
-Summer Nero (thank god, I thought I was pulling on the wrong banner or something)
-Summer Nobu and Fran in the same 10 pull.

Ironically, of course, Nito was the one I really wanted out of this first banner. Desire sensor skipped you and came around to bite me in the ass.

I'll wait until her solo rate up day and try my luck again, I suppose.

Zambatoh

1 ticket and 60 quartz. Got Nero on the second 10 roll. I was hoping to get Nobu with her as well, but since I got Nero, I'm saving for the rest of my quartz for the Maid Alter banner.
Also during the roll, it trolled me with a silver saber banner, which then morphed into Gold, and (thinking it's Fran) it gave me ma boi Lancelot at NP2. I'm not even mad. That's an extra 300% on his NP right there.

I also got most of the new summer CEs as well.

---
Edit: I just basically decided to YOLO the current banner and threw the rest of my quartz at it. I got more of the Summer CEs to the point that I can actually limit break the 4* one with 1 to spare, it trolled me with OG Nitocris instead of the Summer version, and...
I got Nobu. ROCK ON!

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Damn that's some great luck! Double Nero even. Congrats!

I ended up pulling more than I had originally budgeted because my pulls were so frustrating. I ended up doing 500~ quartz and got

-Off banner Arjuna (new to me at least, but didn't really want this one, at least on the summer banners)
-Off banner Penthesilea (new to me, did want her but planned on grabbing her with the 4* selector ticket we get later this year, still cool)
-Off banner rider Anne & Mary (7th or 8th dupe)
-Summer Nero (thank god, I thought I was pulling on the wrong banner or something)
-Summer Nobu and Fran in the same 10 pull.

Ironically, of course, Nito was the one I really wanted out of this first banner. Desire sensor skipped you and came around to bite me in the ass.

I'll wait until her solo rate up day and try my luck again, I suppose.

That's a pretty good haul. Lots of new gold servants.

Pejo

That's a pretty good haul. Lots of new gold servants.
Yea overall it's not so bad, got so many bad not even event CE's though. I'm also quartz broke for part two. Thank goodness there's a payday in there, lol.

This event has been hilarious so far. I love MHX standing angrily in the background while Nero and Saber Alter (rider) talk. The writing on this game really is its high point, I feel.

EDarkness

I wish I had SQ to do some pulls, but I don't. Gonna save to try for Maid Artoria. Getting Nero would be cool, but not sure I want to throw a bunch of resources into that. When is part two supposed to be released? I'm guessing at the end of August.

Pejo

I think the expected winners are going to be who has the best rewards. I doubt many people are picking based on the characters.

Zambatoh

I'm mostly choosing based on shop currency drops. I want to clear the shop as quickly as possible. The actual rewards we get from the racers are largely insignificant.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I think the expected winners are going to be who has the best rewards. I doubt many people are picking based on the characters.

That’s true. I forgot the most popular team also had the best rewards this round.

I'm mostly choosing based on shop currency drops. I want to clear the shop as quickly as possible. The actual rewards we get from the racers are largely insignificant.

That’s what I’m doing too. Yesterday I mostly farmed junk parts.

Last edited:

EDarkness

Are they going have some missions where we can farm for currency items? Nothing is providing much and considering how much we need, I don't think they give enough.

Pejo

Are they going have some missions where we can farm for currency items? Nothing is providing much and considering how much we need, I don't think they give enough.
The guide I'm using said that 40AP farming nodes will eventually open up, and that's when you want to burn apples. Just ride out the event on natural AP for now.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I’ve been getting around 320 junk parts per node. The other two are going to suck to farm since I don’t have a stack of those CEs.

Pejo

300 SQ and no UMU...

I did get zerker nobu, ghost Nito, and zhuge (NP2 now) though...
Honestly, that's not a terrible haul for 300 SQ. You have plenty of time to take a few more swings at the banner before it's gone.

Don't forget to pick up the monthly mana prism tickets in the shop as well.

Mama Raikou won the last round, feels good! The new battle background and stage of the race had me cracking up. The writing on this event has been pretty hilarious so far.

EDarkness

Is there any reason why Ishtar looks like Rin? The more I look at her, I feel like she's the goddess version of Rin. Heh, heh.

Oh, ended up with Caster Nero from a ticket. It sucks because all of my luck got used up without me wanting it to. I was actually going for Nobu, but ended up with her instead. I guess I shouldn't be unhappy about it, but considering I want to get Maid Artoria Alter, I feel like I'm doomed and won't get her like I didn't get Water Gun Artoria. Oh well, at least Nero's sprite looks cool.

Pejo

Is there any reason why Ishtar looks like Rin? The more I look at her, I feel like she's the goddess version of Rin. Heh, heh.

Oh, ended up with Caster Nero from a ticket. It sucks because all of my luck got used up without me wanting it to. I was actually going for Nobu, but ended up with her instead. I guess I shouldn't be unhappy about it, but considering I want to get Maid Artoria Alter, I feel like I'm doomed and won't get her like I didn't get Water Gun Artoria. Oh well, at least Nero's sprite looks cool.
There is definitely a reason that Ishtar looks like Rin. Once you play Babylonia, you'll see why. Wait til you see Ereshkigal.

Congrats on Nero! That's a good pickup for you. You seem to gravitate to Casters, lol.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Japan Summer servants.
y5ik0gd1n6e31.png

Pejo

The madlads finally released male summer servants?

Carmilla looks good, can't wait to see the other two variants for each of these.

Pejo

Looks like JP is getting 1 bronze servant of each main class, in addition to Da Vinci Lily. Some of these bronze servants look great. Jason's NP in particular is hilarious:

1 hour maintenance tonight, then we get part 2 of summer in NA. Rider Alter, Lancer Raikou, and Archer Helena up for grabs in the gacha. Good luck to whoever has SQ remaining. I'm planning on buying a pack or two on Friday to try my luck, I broke down and spent more than I should have on part 1.

deanote666

I've gotten the first and last challenge quest in part 1 completed. Did the last challenge in 100 turns. Took over an hour.

Got 177 SQ ready for the frank rate up tonight. Still need frank and umu...

Sad that I didn't clear the part 1 shop but got everything I wanted.

Edit: After 318 SQ.... Got 1 Frank saber, 1 mom lancer, NP2 helena archer, and a saber rider (when I was down to single rolls). Still no umu... Down to 20k friend points...

Edit: Finished all of the challenge quests for part 1.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
My f2p quartz ended the first part with Nero x2, Nobu x2, Fran and Nito. I bought a pack for part 2 since I was happy with what I've gotten already. 6 big rolls got me Maid, Raikou and a random Jeanne (who I really wanted). Overall very happy with my rolls for this event. Now they just need a break mixed in there so I can farm gems and embers. Leveling these characters is going to keep me busy for awhile. The skill gems are the worst.

Pejo

Congrats on the rolls! I had enough for 2 10 rolls and some tickets after some last minute singularity free quest clearing that I ground through last night. Got NP2 Raikou and caster Gil. Really was hoping to get Rider Alter, but I guess that'll hopefully happen on Friday.

Still haven't tried the challenge quests yet, I forgot they even existed, lol. I can't imagine it's anything that double Merlin memes can't handle though, which has been my experience since getting Merlin.

EDarkness

I pulled on the Maid Alter banner with 3 10 pulls and ended up with only Fran. I was hoping for at least Raikou, but no dice. Not that I need another lancer, but she would still be cool to have. I figured I lost all of my luck by getting Nero and that seems to be right. Might purchase some SQ at some point and give it another shot. I guess we'll see.

This new event doesn't seem as much fun as the other one. I actually liked the last Summer event (the one with the building...no racing). This one seems overly complicated and the fights aren't all that much fun. The story is seriously nonsensical, too. Oh well, hopefully I can just get Ishtar and call it a day. Maybe I can farm for the stuff from the shop to level up more servants and call it a day. Hope the next batch of events aren't very interesting so I can go back to saving. Heh, heh.

deanote666

Grats on the pulls

That moment when you're swiping between banners, it snaps back without realizing it, and you pull from the wrong one...

Got NP3 Helena archer when I pulled 10 on the wrong one...

60 more SQ on the proper banner and FINALLY got my UMU!

EDarkness

I've been using someone's Maid Alter and damn she looks awesome and her NP does an insane amount of damage. The whole motorcycle on the water thing is just badass. It's a shame that I don't think I'm gonna get her this time. Not a fan of her skills, but the unit itself is pretty solid.

Pejo

Whew, it's payday so I bought a pack of SQ and got NP2 Nero and finally snagged Nito, feels good! I still have 140~ quartz to try for Helena in a few days when her rate up starts.

The more I play this event type, the more I like it. Nothing is really missable and you can't really get behind in the story like I tend to do. I don't usually have much time for playing during the week, so I rush everything on the weekends.

Man I'm glad summer type events are only once a year with all the new servants. I was getting used to just being able to hoard and hoard. I got a suspicious amount of off banners this time too. They could at least throw us a bone and get rid of off banners when you have a total of 7 new servants across 2 new banners within a few weeks.

EDarkness

I don't have any servants with skills that high, but looking at the cost of it...maybe I won't. Heh, heh.

Oh, and I did a few more pulls on the Maid Alter banner and got her! Woot!

Gotta admit that these missions to get more copies of Ishtar for her NP5 have been tough so far. Not sure if I'm going to be able to get them all.

Zambatoh

I managed to NP5 Ishtar by using Arts teams.
My strategy was something along the lines of:

Enkidu: Saberlot + Merlin + Merlin
Gorgon: BB + Merlin + Merlin
Yan: SummerNero + Merlin + Merlin (Nero almost kicked it on this one, but I had Nursery as backup)

Doggo: This one took me a while. His instant death NP had me change my entire strategy to more of a Charge Nuking + Charm lock team.
My party consisted of Artemis(with Magical Girl of Sapphire) + Euryale(with Summer Little) + Waver(with Prisma Cosmos), with SupportTamamo(2030) + Emiya (Alter)(Kiara CE) + BB(No CE due to maxing cost) as backup. If I had Kiritsugu leveled up, I would've used him in place of EmiAlter.

Fortunately I was able to beat him before resorting to BB.
I should also mention Doggo registers as Male, so Artemis, Euryale, and other anti-male characters will work fine here. I probably could've used TamaLancer instead of Artemis, but I didn't think about it at the time. But then again...that Charge Nuke...

Last edited:

Zambatoh

She can deal out nasty crits and also double as a buffer for the party.
Getting her extra copies is simply the difference between 600% damage at NP1 vs. 1000% damage at NP5.
And of course, her Overcharge levels strengthens her NP and Quick cards for the remainder of the turn.

Last edited:

Pejo

I don't have Merlin, so I'm gonna have to look at other options. Is Summer Ishtar even good enough to go through all of this trouble?
Waver/Support Merlin also kinda works, you just don't get the NP looping effect. Honestly if you have an AoE Rider for doors, you'll probably never use her.

Did 2 rolls tonight and got 3 total Archer Helenas, so that makes everyone now from the summer banners. I was kinda hoping I'd get a sneaky NP2 Maid Rider to give her NP a bit more oomph, but I'm not gonna waste any more Quartz chasing NP levels.

Also completed most of the challenge quests now, just have to do the Medb costume one and the lore, then I can just casually farm the event.

What teams did you guys use for the Medb fight? I'm probably going to try double Merlin/Berserker Raikou but going against 2 Rider bosses with double health bars makes me a bit nervous about it. I wish those stage 2 of 3 enemies were any class other than Lancer. Otherwise I could bring Arash to wipe out a wave.

Last edited:

EDarkness

Waver/Support Merlin also kinda works, you just don't get the NP looping effect. Honestly if you have an AoE Rider for doors, you'll probably never use her.

Did 2 rolls tonight and got 3 total Archer Helenas, so that makes everyone now from the summer banners. I was kinda hoping I'd get a sneaky NP2 Maid Rider to give her NP a bit more oomph, but I'm not gonna waste any more Quartz chasing NP levels.

Also completed most of the challenge quests now, just have to do the Medb costume one and the lore, then I can just casually farm the event.

What teams did you guys use for the Medb fight? I'm probably going to try double Merlin/Berserker Raikou but going against 2 Rider bosses with double health bars makes me a bit nervous about it. I wish those stage 2 of 3 enemies were any class other than Lancer. Otherwise I could bring Arash to wipe out a wave.

I beat the Medb fight last night and it was kinda easy. I went with Mordred, Artoria Alter Saber, and a support Berserk Raikou and Shuten Douji as backup. Ended up being extremely easy since I just focused on Coatl and used my sabers as basically damage sponges. Don't kill the lancer grunts unless their NP is built up or Coatl is defeated. This way by the time Medb gets into the scene, she can't use her move that makes her untargetable. Ended up winning without using a continue. Of the hard fights I've had so far, this one was by far the easiest.

I have two more of the hard fights to do and I'm thinking I might skip them because the dog one is just ridiculous and I'm not sure I want to waste a SQ on it. Sadly, I don't have regular Medb, so I can't use her costume. :(

Pejo

I beat the Medb fight last night and it was kinda easy. I went with Mordred, Artoria Alter Saber, and a support Berserk Raikou and Shuten Douji as backup. Ended up being extremely easy since I just focused on Coatl and used my sabers as basically damage sponges. Don't kill the lancer grunts unless their NP is built up or Coatl is defeated. This way by the time Medb gets into the scene, she can't use her move that makes her untargetable. Ended up winning without using a continue. Of the hard fights I've had so far, this one was by far the easiest.

I have two more of the hard fights to do and I'm thinking I might skip them because the dog one is just ridiculous and I'm not sure I want to waste a SQ on it. Sadly, I don't have regular Medb, so I can't use her costume. :(
Oh, that's pretty cool to hear. I could also go full assassin team since apparently they don't do too much damage. Thanks for the tips. Did you end up getting BB from the Extra CCC event? I remember you were on the ropes with the game back when that event was going on. She's strong against avengers, which made both Gorgon and Doggo super easy. If you didn't get her, I can throw mine up on Support, though I can't afford to level her skills since my gems are at an all time low currently.

Zambatoh

I could put mine on Support. BB is 80 10/10/10 on my account.
I'm not sure what CE I should give her though. "Another Ending" perhaps? Or 2030?

Last edited:

EDarkness

Oh, that's pretty cool to hear. I could also go full assassin team since apparently they don't do too much damage. Thanks for the tips. Did you end up getting BB from the Extra CCC event? I remember you were on the ropes with the game back when that event was going on. She's strong against avengers, which made both Gorgon and Doggo super easy. If you didn't get her, I can throw mine up on Support, though I can't afford to level her skills since my gems are at an all time low currently.

I never got BB because I wasn't far along in the story when it happened. I need to finish Babylon now, but it's slow going. Not too interested in the story and I've skipped a good chunk of it...except the Ishtar stuff since I think she's a funny character as opposed to the other characters. I wish I had someone to deal with Avengers, but alas. They take forever to kill. I remember seeing a few friends with BB on their list, so I might give her a shot to see if I can beat the dog guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom