• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pejo

I never got BB because I wasn't far along in the story when it happened. I need to finish Babylon now, but it's slow going. Not too interested in the story and I've skipped a good chunk of it...except the Ishtar stuff since I think she's a funny character as opposed to the other characters. I wish I had someone to deal with Avengers, but alas. They take forever to kill. I remember seeing a few friends with BB on their list, so I might give her a shot to see if I can beat the dog guy.
BB/Tamamo (caster)/Waver would be a good arts setup since you can't lean on double Merlin. I can't remember if you had Tamamo or not. You should be able to NP with BB often with that setup.

I beat that Medb quest last night, it was way easier than I expected, I was psyching myself up too much about it. I accidentally grabbed a Waver instead of Merlin so I ended up beating it with Waver/Waver/Merlin/Raikou (berserker)/Mash and Cu (lancer). I ended up swapping out one of the Wavers with Cu towards the end so he could finish off Medb just for the memes. I think it took me 8 turns. I like her new costume, but the first ascension is still my favorite with the fluffy boots.

EDarkness

BB/Tamamo (caster)/Waver would be a good arts setup since you can't lean on double Merlin. I can't remember if you had Tamamo or not. You should be able to NP with BB often with that setup.

I beat that Medb quest last night, it was way easier than I expected, I was psyching myself up too much about it. I accidentally grabbed a Waver instead of Merlin so I ended up beating it with Waver/Waver/Merlin/Raikou (berserker)/Mash and Cu (lancer). I ended up swapping out one of the Wavers with Cu towards the end so he could finish off Medb just for the memes. I think it took me 8 turns. I like her new costume, but the first ascension is still my favorite with the fluffy boots.

Yeah, I thought that fight was real easy. Especially if you don't kill the generic mobs and take out Coatl first before Medb shows up.

I don't have Caster Tamamo, unfortunately. I have Zhuge, though. With the servants I have available, I don't really have a way to deal with Avenger or Ruler servants. I might just sack a SQ just to get it done. I'll see how I feel by the end of the day. Sadly, even though I don't have all of the items on the event store, I have no interest in farming the event anymore. I'd love to get lancer Raikou, but I don't want to pull on the banner, either. Farmed this event a ton already. Once I got my Maid Artoria to 90/90, I've had no desire to continue messing with this event. Heh, heh.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I’m a bit burned out on farming shops too. Too many back to back. I probably won’t clear this one. The past few days I’ve just been farming doors with my AP since it’s really quick and I need QP badly.

EDarkness

I solved a problem with some code I was writing, so I figured I'd take a moment to fight the dog using some suggestions here and ended up getting it done with only one servant death. Amazing. I was feeling so good after that I decided to try the final challenge with the shape shifter guy and smashed that one, too. Man, Zhuge and Merlin are soooooo good for stuff like that. Gonna pull for Merlin next time he shows up, because I think I can get through some tough fights with that combo. Damn, that worked out too well, now I don't know what to do. :)

deanote666

I managed to defeat all of the challenge quests. Was down to my last servant on the Bull mission. First hassan pretty much soloed it. Used a few CS's to heal him since the dual Merlins didn't last very long.

I got my first Edison on the Medb banner... Yay...

Last edited:

Pejo

Man, 2+ years until we get this pinnacle of 'murican values... it's going to be a long wait...

asnhmzz0tdg31.jpg

Summer Carmilla looks fantastic too.

vgucebr3tdg31.jpg

Last edited:

Pejo

Reruns, eh? I guess that gives me time to save up a bunch of SQ and level up a ton of servants. Maybe finish Babylon, too.
I think the next event is Nerofest, which while not technically a rerun, doesn't have any new servants or anything. Don't forget, Merlin should be up for grabs again in September or around then, so you might want to save for him. Double Merlin + buster servant with Crit Gather or Crit DMG is one of the strongest combos in the game for almost all content. That's why Jeanne Alter is so good, she's got everything to make double Merlin insane.

Zambatoh

For reference the remaining servants left this year are:

September:
-Parvati
-Tomoe
-Chiyome
-Houzouin
-Munenori
-Danzou

October:
Saber Liz (Welfare / last chance to get her)
Osakabehime
Mecha Liz (Welfare)

November:
-Circe
-Nezha
-Queen of Sheba
-Abigail

December:
Janta (Welfare / last chance)
Altera (Welfare)
Ereshkigal

Last edited:

Pejo

Well, I got most of the stuff from the store that I wanted. I'm debating burning a few apples for those 4* Fou cards. I can't even pick who my grails go to, and there's tons of those, so I'm not sure how I'll ever pick my fou card recipients.

Lots of news popped up. 1/2 AP free quests, good time to restock some Quartz. Also, new Interludes (Illya's is a good upgrade for single target looping with Merlin), and class pickup summons. I'm SUPER tempted to do the saber one to try to get NP5 Bedivere finally, but man I don't want any more SR/SSR sabers. I'm drowning in them as is, and I already have Altera NP5 because she won't leave me alone. This is also a good time to max out Columbus, Gilles (caster) or Jaguar Man if you're interested in NP5'ing them.

Also of note, the story locked Avenger servants are in the Assassin class gacha, for anyone that didn't pick up an avenger yet. You can get either Gorgon or Lobo.

deanote666

I got the Agartha SR, SSR but no Columbus...

I spent more SQ trying to NP2 Saber Rider than it took to get her in the first place... Still NP1. Only ramen for me until 2022

JohannCK

Long interview with Nasu where he talks about the Souls series' influence on him, how he became a game writer because of a Famitsu review, how Takeuchi is out of control, how he'd love to do a Bloodborne crossover event, and what comes after the end of part 2.

Pejo

Damn, Summer Lion King in JP has 3 entirely different movesets and two different NPs based on which ascension you use. Animation power creep is real.

EDarkness

Some old servants really need some love in the animation department. You can tell they put a lot of work into a few of the newer servants.

EDarkness

I'll definitely get her gym outfit. Not sure if I want to pull for Bride Nero. I've always liked her look, but not sure if I need another saber since I don't even use most of the ones I have.

Pejo

Starts 8-29:
To add to this, it's a lottery event, which means mega grind, but a great chance to stock up on common materials, QP, Embers, etc. I highly suggest finding a good balanced team that can 3-turn a node if you're planning on seriously farming the event.

deanote666

Umu bride is a decent servant. Good to have but replaceable.

Saber is the only class I have every single servant in the game.

Missing 2 riders, 2 assassin, 2 caster, 3 berserker, 1 archer, 2 lancer, 1 avenger. Only 3 of those are limited time offer servants.

I've been working on 2 years worth of interludes. Had over 60 stockpiled for a 1/2 AP event... Had them all unlocked for for this as well. Down to the final 2 I have unlocked. Only have 2 locked ones - recently acquired servants.

I had all of the free quests up to 1/2 way through Camelot on the last 1/2 AP free quest event that didn't overlap with another event so they're next...

Back up to 18 non-max ascended servants... I was down to 5 before summer...

EDarkness

Yeah. I definitely want to get Merlin, so I'm gonna hold off pulling on this banner. After that, I'm not sure what I'll do. I want to get Ereshkigal, but I don't care about the other servants. Actually, anyone know if Raikou is gonna be on a banner anytime soon? I've found I've been using her (friend units) all the time. She's straight up power.

Pejo

I have had Nero Bride since her first banner and I can count on one hand how many times I've used her. SR Lancelot shits on her from orbit in the current meta, and you can pick him up for free with the ticket we get in a month or so.

Yeah. I definitely want to get Merlin, so I'm gonna hold off pulling on this banner. After that, I'm not sure what I'll do. I want to get Ereshkigal, but I don't care about the other servants. Actually, anyone know if Raikou is gonna be on a banner anytime soon? I've found I've been using her (friend units) all the time. She's straight up power.

She's my favorite servant for pretty much all mixed content right now. She fits in with Merlin so well, and has a great kit. Unfortunately you just missed her rerun banner with Onigashima rerun that happened a few months ago. Not sure when she'll be back.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Raikou will be back in October going by this list from Reddit I’ve been using:

September

10M Downloads Campaign - 5* Caster Merlin, 4* Lancer LAlter, 4* Saber SAlter

KYOMAF2017 Exhibit Commemoration Summoning Campaign - 5* Saber Okita, 5* Berserker Hijikata

Nero Festival Redux - 5* Saber Nero Claudius (Bride), 5* Lancer Brynhildr, 4* Saber Nero Claudius

Class Based Summoning Campaign

October

Shimosa Release

Banner 1 - 5* Saber Miyamoto Musashi, 4* Assassin Mochizuki Chiyome, 4* Archer Tomoe Gozen, 3* Lancer Houzouin Inshun

Banner 2: 5* Bersker Minamoto-no-Raikō, 5* assassin Shuten Douji, 4* Saber Yagyuu Munenori, 4* Assassin Katō Danzō

Halloween 2016 Event Rerun - 5* Assassin Cleopatra

Halloween 2017 Event - 5* Assassin NEET-hime (Osakabehime), 4* Assassins Yan Qing and Wu Zetian, 4* Berserker Penth, 4* Lancer Liz, 4* Assassin Carmilla

November

Salem Release

Banner 1: 4* Lancer Nezha, 4* Caster Circe

11M Downloads - 5* Assassin Gramps aka King Hassan

Christmas 2016 Event Re-run - Ishtar, EMIYA, Martha (Rider), Nursery Rhyme

December

Christmas 2017 Event - 5* Lancer Ereshkigal, 5* Saber Altera, Welfare 4* Archer Altera (Santa)

Salem Banner 2: 5* Foreigner Abigail Williams, 4* Caster Queen of Sheba

EDarkness

Merlin next month and Raikou in October...hmmm...gonna be tough. Hope we get some more SQ sometime soon. Heh, heh.

At this point, I don't have a 5* archer. Don't have an avenger at all. Don't have a 5* berserker. No Moon Cancer because I couldn't get BB. Actually, the only 5* saber I have is Mordred, but since Artoria Alter is so good, I haven't worried about it all that much. My lancer group is pretty good with Scathach and Karna. I haven't seen any reason to go after other lancers, though I did want Summer Raikou Lancer, but I never got her. I'm all setup with riders at the moment as I feel like Maid Artoria, Drake, and Coatl are pretty good at getting things done. Not much to say about my caster group, because this game loves giving me casters. I have only one 5* assassin (Shuten-Douji), but generally I feel like assassins are pretty weak overall. I would really like to get Jack...just the game doesn't want me to have her.

It's kinda sad looking over the overall servant list and seeing how many of them I don't have. I've never had a whole lot of luck with this game and that has been a frustrating thing since I started playing. I will say, the only servant that I REALLY wanted and haven't gotten is Watergun Artoria. Damn game.

Pejo

You already have higher skill levels than me, and I've been playing since launch, lol. I really need to sit down someday and pick out a few servants to max out, and figure out where the hell my grails are going to go.

So far I know I'm going to max skill:
-Merlin
-Waver
-Mash
-Cu (Lancer)
-Cu Alter
-Arash S3
-Raikou
-SR Saber Alter
-Gilgamesh (Archer)

After that, I need to see which servants I use the most.

I did end up using what was left of my summer quartz funds on the Saber class banner and managed to get NP5 Bedivere as well as NP3 Nero (SR) and NP4 d'Eon, so my tentative grail projects are going to be:

-Bedivere to 90
-Arash to either 80 or 90
-???

I think I'm just going to save my grails for R or lower servants. I feel like you get much less return using it on a SSR, and SRs from 80 to 90 doesn't feel like as big of a boost. There are a bunch of 1-3* servants coming out in the future that I like, so i'll just grail them up for the party cost savings. I might eventually take a servant to 100 just because, but I'm not in a rush to do it.

EDarkness

Getting the Nero outfit is gonna be insane...depending on how lucky you are. I don't care too much about a lot of stuff on the list, but damn, they really make you grind like crazy to get Nero's outfit. So far, this whole thing is boring and I'm wondering if I'm gonna be able to stay focused enough to get there.

Finished the main story yesterday. I'm glad I came in late, because grinding out those bosses would have been insane. The second to last boss kicked my ass soooooo bad. Ended up having to use both my command things and SQ. Just a cheap boss in general. The last boss was easy, though. Almost through Shinjuku now. Doing these mainly so my servants can have an actual name. I wish they wouldn't lock that stuff behind story crap.

Pejo

Getting the Nero outfit is gonna be insane...depending on how lucky you are. I don't care too much about a lot of stuff on the list, but damn, they really make you grind like crazy to get Nero's outfit. So far, this whole thing is boring and I'm wondering if I'm gonna be able to stay focused enough to get there.

Finished the main story yesterday. I'm glad I came in late, because grinding out those bosses would have been insane. The second to last boss kicked my ass soooooo bad. Ended up having to use both my command things and SQ. Just a cheap boss in general. The last boss was easy, though. Almost through Shinjuku now. Doing these mainly so my servants can have an actual name. I wish they wouldn't lock that stuff behind story crap.
You actually passed me in the story now, lol. I've been saving Agartha and Shinjuku for when I can marathon them on a slow day, but my life has been so hectic that I've just been doing what I can to stay ahead of natural AP regeneration. Congrats on beating the 1st story arc! The key to the whole Solomon chapter was to have a strong max bond servant. I had Herc in my party pretty much forever when I started playing just to get his Bond10 CE, so he single-handedly destroyed that entire singularity for me with dual Merlins. I actually really liked that mechanic, and I hope it comes back in future content. Gives you a reason to bond 10 your favorites and use them in high end content.

On a side note, when did we get the Drake animation updates? I hadn't realized it until I just used her NP the other day farming doors. Were there others that I missed?

EDarkness

Drake got updated a while back. I think the new animations are great. Especially her NP. Not sure if anyone else got updated, but I'm hoping Carmilla gets hers sometime soon. I remember someone mentioning this last year sometime. I still think Maid Artoria Alter has the best NP. Damn, I can watch that animation over and over again.

Oh, and I've only made so much progress in the story because I pretty much dropped a few gacha games I was playing. My goal is to ween myself down to one. Not sure which one that's gonna be, though. I really liked the bond mechanic on the final Singularity as well. I didn't have anyone at 100%, but Artoria Alter at 75% helped a ton. Next was Scathach at 60%. Honestly, I never even considered this bond stuff since it levels up so damn slowly at some point. One thing to note about Shinjuku (and the other place) is that some servants get 100% bonus bond points when finishing a mission. Good way to speed some servants along.

deanote666

Grats on making it through!

The lottery mechanics are the same as previous events - bets prize being in the 6th lineup.

Remember the best farming nodes aren't available yet (I think) so don't get discouraged early on. Plus there's shop CE that boost the pedal drop.

I plan on clearing out the lottery each time before resetting it.

Managed to get Brynhild in under 300 SQ so that was nice.

Decided to do a yolo pull and got the Avenger of Shinjuku

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I did 3 rolls for Brynn/Nero. I mostly just wanted some CEs and maybe Nero. I got Atlante (new at least) and barely any CEs. Looks like my luck from Summer is up.

I did 3 boxes so far. This is really good for getting gems/XP cards/QP. I see some people saying they farm dozens and dozens of boxes. I doubt I'll have that kind of motivation. I also see people saying they burn their entire apple stash for the lottery. I have more apples then when I started yesterday since the lottery also gives them. Can't imagine trying to burn through all of them. I do get the 5th petal CE so things are starting to move faster though. The fights are really quick, but I'd imagine boredom will set in before long.

Pejo

I did 3 rolls for Brynn/Nero. I mostly just wanted some CEs and maybe Nero. I got Atlante (new at least) and barely any CEs. Looks like my luck from Summer is up.

I did 3 boxes so far. This is really good for getting gems/XP cards/QP. I see some people saying they farm dozens and dozens of boxes. I doubt I'll have that kind of motivation. I also see people saying they burn their entire apple stash for the lottery. I have more apples then when I started yesterday since the lottery also gives them. Can't imagine trying to burn through all of them. I do get the 5th petal CE so things are starting to move faster though. The fights are really quick, but I'd imagine boredom will set in before long.
Yea lotteries are great for stockpiling all sorts of resources, and can feasibly be done without limits. The downside is just how bad grinding is in FGO. They really lock down emulators, which you could make macros for to at least do all the tedious parts like 3 turn NP spam and especially spinning the lotto. I wish I could find the video that a guy set up of one these with a stylus tip to roll his lotto boxes since he had several hundred thousand currency to go through by the end:

51SHgiteZ%2BL._SY450_.jpg

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Yea lotteries are great for stockpiling all sorts of resources, and can feasibly be done without limits. The downside is just how bad grinding is in FGO. They really lock down emulators, which you could make macros for to at least do all the tedious parts like 3 turn NP spam and especially spinning the lotto. I wish I could find the video that a guy set up of one these with a stylus tip to roll his lotto boxes since he had several hundred thousand currency to go through by the end:

51SHgiteZ%2BL._SY450_.jpg

I farmed 3 more boxes this morning so far. I just have my phone leaning against my coffee cup while I am working. Maybe I should buy one of those bird things :messenger_tears_of_joy:

EDarkness

Anyone doing the super hard fights for the tickets? I'm not sure I really want to invest that kind of brain power into the game right now.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I'm on box 12. I managed to get all my main squad past red gems and a bit into gold gems. I used all the XP cards to get Nightingale from 60 to 90 finally. I also snagged regular Nero with a regular ticket and almost have her up to 90. I still have more apples then when I started, but boxes only give bronze now so I should start losing some soon. QP is still my biggest problem because skills cost 4-20 million to raise now. My +2 petals Raikou is bringing in tons of FP now.

Last edited:

deanote666

I've been farming medals so I'm only on box 13 myself.

One of my friends has the message saying they are on box 178 and out of apples, lol.

Still not 1 CE drop...

Pejo

Ha, I'm still on my first box. WoW Classic has pretty much soaked up all of my free time the past few days. I need to at least get Nero's costume, so one of these nights I need to grind it out.

EDarkness

I'm on box 5...but damn 178 boxes? That just insane.

I did the first super hard trial with Herc last night...whew....that was pretty hard. There's a friend of mine named Chrono who has the most badass Raikou and between her and my Artoria Alter, he wasn't too bad. Beating him 11 times just sucks.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Not sure who I will pick for the free SR coming up. I want Herc, but he is not story locked. Saber Alter seems like she might be a good pick. Or I could NP2 Emiya.

Last edited:

EDarkness

Free 4* servant, eh? Hmmmm...not sure who I'd get. Looking over the possibilities, I think I'll get Medusa since I don't have an Avenger right now. Otherwise, I think I'd get Artoria Alter so she'd be NP2. That should be a pretty big boost in damage for her.

deanote666

Made it to box 46 so far. Still have over 90 gold apples.

Avengers are invaluable against rulers and some beast types.

The only 4* I'm missing are caster Gil and the Assassin of Shinjuku so I'm going for one of them. Probably the assassin since Gil will be in the Christmas banner.

I haven't use saber alter yet but she seems to be a solid unit.

I managed to pull 2 Brynhild, 2 nero (now np3) and 1 nero bride (now np2) from the nerofest banner. Got spooked by my first Avenger of Shinjuku on this banner too.

Second archive max capacity increase is coming! Only 50 slots each but I'll take it!

Start saving your petals from nerofest! A super/great success chance increase is coming!

Last edited:

Pejo

Saber Alter at high NP is one of the best waveclear 4* in the game, completely destroys lancers and does respectable damage to any neutral class. She actually does more damage than my NP5 Altera. She's definitely one of my most used 4*. Fran (berserker) is the other one, since she's got an amazing waveclear NP, but she's extremely one-dimensional. Use NP then swap out. The other notables on the list are Herc, Lancelot (either one), Nito, and the avengers if you don't have any.

I'm going to NP2 Gorgon, just because I like her character. I had originally planned on using the ticket on either Penth or Caster Gil, but I got them both as off-banner spooks on the summer banners, so yay or boo, depending I guess.

For some reason, I thought Nerofest ended a week ago, so I had rushed to box 6 last week, then I found out it was just that phase of Nerofest that ended. Made it to box 18 since then, but now I"m pissed that I didn't save the embers for the succ up event. Such is life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom