• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDarkness

Artoria Alter is just a powerful unit. Definitely my most used 4* unit as she pretty much destroys stuff. Her DEF is fairly low, but generally it doesn't matter that much because things generally die before it gets to be a problem. I feel like none of my other 4* units can really compare. She's top class for sure. I don't have Berserker Fran, but good to know about her NP. I have Herc already, so I don't need to pull him again. Definitely going Avenger this time since that's an area I don't have.

Been saving for Merlin, so looking forward to not getting him. Ha, ha!

Got to box 7 of Nerofest. I just don't see the need to keep going. It was already boring and it's even more boring now that I have everything. I've been lazily working my way through it so far. Not sure I care too much about the level success rate going up, because that almost never works in my favor. Not sure who to level up these days, so I've just kinda randomly giving EXP cards to random servants instead of focusing. All of the servants I use on a regular basis are all leveled up. Now, it's just me leveling things I don't usually use. I suppose it's good to have them leveled if something ever requires them, but I'm not super jazzed about it.

Last edited:

deanote666

If the event isn't grayed out, it's still active.

Doing the same mission over and over and over and over is boring but is better than not having the resources from the unlimited lottery when you need them. I had Archer Gil's skills stuck at level 4 because I was out of proof of hero. Now I have over 200. I do the FP summon until I get a 3* servant before doing SQ summons. I was burning rare prisms for FP. Now I have over 500,000 FP. Plus you're essentially farming QP and embers at the same time so it is a lot better use of your AP. I've gotten over 2000 MP from the event so far, perfect for the 2000 MP cost of inventory capacity increase coming.

My goal is to max level All of my servants and then work on skills. I only had 5 non-maxed ascended servants before the summer event and I was missing less than 20 servants in the entire game. I start with the 5* of each class and then work my way down the rarity of each class when using class specific embers. I get the ones I won't use to max ascension first and then move on. Once the class has all mas ascended servants, I go back and get max level. I was on my last rider that needed max level before summer.

I'm back up to over 7700 petals after the enhancement bonus announcement... On box 47 right now before claiming them.

Funny I didn't get my first CE drop till a couple of days ago and then got 3 more within 24 hours (2 within 1 hour) of each other. 4 total... Getting a lot more FP now with a MLB petal CE on my Waver!

Burning bronze apples since I know I got more coming. 10 Gold apples coming with the download campaign.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I'm at 35 boxes. I also bought out the event store. I wish this would not have started at the same time a bunch of other games came out. I've been busy with Gears, Control and Astral Chain. I did get enough gold gems to get my main lineup for each class past gems. I'm mostly just QP strained now. I will probably burn some apples for 1/2 AP doors with the event starting tomorrow.

I also got to expand my second archive by a ton with all the prisms, am sitting at 300k+ friend points and leveled up a bunch of servants I had never gotten around to. I think I'm also sitting on around 400 embers if I happen to get Merlin. Overall I'm pretty happy with this event. Might try to squeeze in a few more boxes but I'm pretty busy today.

Pejo

I finally managed to get a CE drop like 3 runs before the end of the event. I probably won't use the CE anyways, but I still like to FLB the event ones.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Managed to pull Merlin with using 6 tickets and 90 quartz. Got him to level 90 easily with the bonuses and 6/6/6 skills. Already need gold caster gems again. Maybe I’m just getting lucky, but I seem to always pull stuff quickly if I try once the servers first come up.

Not sure who to aim for next. Musashi would be nice, but I won’t have much quartz by next month. Maybe I’ll just save for Jalter in January. Semiramis is early next year too I think?

I have 37 apples left. I’m going to use a bunch of them to try and get out of QP hell a little bit while doors are 1/2 AP. I burned all my Nerofest QP already.

Pejo

Congrats Jormbo, that's a solid get!

Boy, DW sure did blueball us. Got everyone excited for the 4* selector then made it only redeemable after the 15th for whatever fucking reason. Seems silly, but whatever.

With the embers I had saved in my inbox I was able to fully level and ascend 4 of the summer servants. Actually got quite lucky this time on Super Successes with the rate up. Only Nobu and Nero to go, but I have 0 caster pieces, either silver or gold, so she's gonna have to wait a while.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Congrats Jormbo, that's a solid get!

Boy, DW sure did blueball us. Got everyone excited for the 4* selector then made it only redeemable after the 15th for whatever fucking reason. Seems silly, but whatever.

With the embers I had saved in my inbox I was able to fully level and ascend 4 of the summer servants. Actually got quite lucky this time on Super Successes with the rate up. Only Nobu and Nero to go, but I have 0 caster pieces, either silver or gold, so she's gonna have to wait a while.

I spent awhile looking through every menu this morning trying to figure out why there was nowhere to spend the ticket.

EDarkness

Congrats J JORMBO ! I wish I could have been as lucky.

I use 90 SQ and about 10 tickets and got nothing...except Lancer Artoria Alter (was my only 4* unit, too)...twice. Ugh. I wanted at least another Artoria Alter to have her at NP2, but alas. Down to 0 SQ now. Gonna try again when we get the 10 tickets in a few days. Would have been nice to get Merlin, but I guess I'm stuck using friend servants. I guess that's okay. My last set of pulls I ended up with quite a few 4* units that I didn't have, so I tricked myself into thinking it wouldn't be much of a problem getting 4* Artoria Alter (saber).

Was looking for a place to spend my ticket to get the 4* servant and damn, I missed the fine print that said it would be available on the 15th. Ugh. Why wait so many days? Doesn't make any sense. Not much to do in the game now since the event is over and I wasn't able to get Merlin. Will go back to just logging in until I can build up some SQ again from story stuff.

deanote666

I too spent a lot of time looking at the menu's for where we use our ticket...

Made it to box 80 in the Nerofest lottery. Just finished spending 33 boxes worth of the embers.

Ended up with almost 900,000 FP, got well over 120,000,000 QP from the event. Have over 200/300 of each of the ascension/skill items that were in the lottery. Not as many gems but there were only 1 per box.

Spent a yolo ticket on the Merlin banner and got my first 5* Tamamo. Then spent the other 5 tickets and 6 SQ and got absolutely nothing... I have a NP2 Merlin so I can't be too upset.

Down to 10 missing servants. 9 after we cash in our ticket. Only 2 of the missing are limited - the 2 5* berserkers.

Back down to 9 non-max ascended servants. Have exactly 0 evil bones left... (even though I'm claiming one each day from login)

Going with the Assassin of Shinjuku for my ticket. Then I'm done with the Shinjuku banner. I still need Enkidu so it would be more efficient to have what I need be on one banner. Plus Caster Gil will be on a rate up I'll be pulling on later in the year.

Last edited:

deanote666

Nice, I ran out of time and had to skip the story on this during the first run. Looking forward to reading it this time.

Also, Liz is a great ST saber for those without Lancelot.
You can read any event dialog from the My Room screen. ;)

Gotta be careful with Saber Liz's abilities though. There's one that drains her NP bar.

Remember to hang onto extra copies of old wellfare servants until after the Christmas event so you can get Rare Prisms for them.

Last edited:

EDarkness

You can read any event dialog from the My Room screen. ;)

Gotta be careful with Saber Liz's abilities though. There's one that drains her NP bar.

Remember to hang onto extra copies of old wellfare servants until after the Christmas event so you can get Rare Prisms for them.

Really? Damn, I sold all of the extra copies of the welfare servants I had. I didn't know they would be useful at some point. Ugh.

EDarkness

I'm going with Gorgon because I don't have an Avenger. Was debating between the Avenger of Shinjuku and Gorgon, but decided that I just liked the way Gorgon looked better.

Will probably push trough the story now since there's not much going on these days.

Pejo

I'm going with Gorgon because I don't have an Avenger. Was debating between the Avenger of Shinjuku and Gorgon, but decided that I just liked the way Gorgon looked better.

Will probably push trough the story now since there's not much going on these days.
Good choice! I got my Gorgon NP2 now too. C'mon Jormbo, join the Gorgon gang.

EDarkness

Burned the tickets I got yesterday and used the last bit of SQ I had for another 10 pull and got...another Artoria Alter Lancer. Ugh. Man, three of them from this event. Okay, so the damn game doesn't want me to have Merlin...or another Artoria Alter Saber. Okay game, you win. Not paying money for more pulls.

Pejo

Burned the tickets I got yesterday and used the last bit of SQ I had for another 10 pull and got...another Artoria Alter Lancer. Ugh. Man, three of them from this event. Okay, so the damn game doesn't want me to have Merlin...or another Artoria Alter Saber. Okay game, you win. Not paying money for more pulls.
Did you buy the monthly shop tickets?

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I upgraded to the iPhone 11 today. On the 6s+ the game took up the whole screen and ran smoothly. On the new phone I have blue bars on the side now. The game can also stutter a bit, but it’s not too bad. Just searched Reddit and found these things are “normal” with newer phones. I’ll just have to adjust.

Pejo

Looks like we had some bugs with our Challenge Quests that were preventing people from picking the characters that they should have been able to pick, so they gave us an apple, lol. Infinite generosity.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
What event is next? Shimosa? I am not that far yet so maybe I can finally resume the story after a few months. All the events keep eating my AP.

Just need to finish farming some more Octuplet Crystals and Spirit roots from the current event. Raiku is now at 8/10/10 and I'd like to finally get 10/10/10. One crazy thing is she has pretty much been in my party almost 100% of the time since I got her and she is about to hit bond level 9. Getting to 10 is pretty intense.

Last edited:

Pejo

What event is next? Shimosa? I am not that far yet so maybe I can finally resume the story after a few months. All the events keep eating my AP.

Just need to finish farming some more Octuplet Crystals and Spirit roots from the current event. Raiku is now at 8/10/10 and I'd like to finally get 10/10/10. One crazy thing is she has pretty much been in my party almost 100% of the time since I got her and she is about to hit bond level 9. Getting to 10 is pretty intense.
Next event will likely be the new Halloween event, with Mecha-Liz(es). I'm still behind all of the chapter 2 stories, haven't even started Shinjuku yet, so I feel your pain. I've been on vacation the past week, so I haven't even touched the Halloween Rerun yet. Doubt I'll bother past maybe the story quests for the easy quartz tonight before reset.

Congrats on your Raikou, you've already surpassed my skill levels, probably quite a while ago. I think JP has bond up to level 20 now, if you think 10 is intense. I have 5-6 servants at bond10 now, mostly through farming embers. It's a shame that more servants don't have better bond10 CE's. Herc and George are the only two that I can think of off the top of my head that are really unique or good. The rest are boring Arts/Buster/Quick buffs or other generic stuff that usually have better CE alternatives.

Last edited:

Pejo

Managed to get a NP2 Parvati in relatively few pulls. And a Jean spook (NP5).
Nice, I did the old FP summon trick and got Parvati on a single ticket. It's been a long time since I single-ticketed the servant I wanted. I think the first run of Shuten was the last time.

Pejo

I finally got through a bunch of interludes last night on the 1/2 off campaign. I did all of the skill/NP upgrade ones so tonight I'll work through the quartz rewards ones. Upcoming banner has a few servants that I want so every quartz counts.

This also makes me realize just how far behind I am in singularities. I still haven't started Shinjuku yet.

Babylonia is pretty long, but it's still my overall favorite singularity. I'm still miffed that the final boss isn't playable yet.

deanote666

It's weird that they put NPC"s in the servant list in My Room.

I finished all of the interludes on this last 1/2 AP campaign. Missing 9 servants so there are more to come.

Got the 2 new 4* and 1 3* from the Shimousa pull with 60SQ. Blew around 30-40 friend points first though. Already have a Musashi so I'm going to wait for banner 2 before blowing more SQ.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I wanted Tomoe and got Musashi. I’ll take it. I have a lot of good Sabers already, but they are all AOE so Musashi is a good addition.

I didn’t roll much yet. I stopped when I realized this banner has both 4* as rate ups. It looks like that changes tomorrow for just Tomoe as a rate up. My quartz supply is a bit low now and Tomoe isn’t limited, so if I don’t get her oh well.

Pejo

Nice pulls! I got NP3 (whoever the new assassin is, I haven't looked her up) and NP4 of the new 3* Lancer on my huge stash of hoarded tickets. Decided against dipping into my Quartz, so that's it for now. I was hoping I'd get NP2 Musashi, but it's ok that I didn't.

Also got spooked by Stheno and Medusa (lancer). I always seem to get at least one copy of Stheno every time there's another assassin on rate-up. She's probably my least favorite gold servant at this point just based on sheer number of times I've pulled her.

deanote666

I got Musashi early on her original banner and spent a bunch of SQ trying to NP2 her and failed... Resisting the urge to try again on the current banner.

Spent a bunch of SQ trying to NP2 Raikou on the event rerun banner and failed... Going to be tempting on the Shimousa banner part 2... Already got NP5 Shuten so do I want to try for whale currency...?

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
New thread continues in Communities:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom