• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT2| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Pejo

900sq. No Sei...
I'm watching all the animations so it takes longer to be disappointed, but yea nothing here yet either. I think i'm around 400 SQ in.

*edit*

Whew, finally got a copy, about 450 quartz and 13 tickets.

Man did I get a lot of fucking 4* servants this time. I had 3 multis with more than 1 gold servant. Heartbreaking that they weren't archers until the end though.

gykyW9m.jpg

Don't think I'm gonna bother trying for NP2. She's got advantage vs. neutral servants which is kinda nice I guess, but I'm not having a lot of 5* luck on this banner and don't want to push it. Maybe on a rerun banner.

Last edited:

deanote666

I did 1 more 11 pull and got her.

Saw your mlb chocolate heaven so I knew you weren't having the best luck (lots of 5* CE meaning lots of pulls trying for a 5* servant) .

I ended up with 13 rare prisms and Sanzang NP7.

Last edited:

Pejo

I did 1 more 11 pull and got her.

Saw your mlb chocolate heaven so I knew you weren't having the best luck (lots of 5* CE meaning lots of pulls trying for a 5* servant) .

I ended up with 13 rare prisms and Sanzang NP7.
Man I wish I could get NP2 Sanzang, never happened for me, but I somehow got NP3 Illya without even trying. Sanzang is one of my favorites, so it burns that I can't get copies.

Dunno if this is good news or not. Guess we wait and see. I hope they start by moving the good shit that FGO Arcade got into the mobile game. I want that Santa Suzuka and Tiamat.

deanote666

Ironically, I only have NP1 Illya. I'm out of funds at the moment so Sei will have to stay NP1. NP7 Sanzang pushed me up to 13 unregistered spirit origins but I'm saving them for Caster Saber.

Hard to say on the Aniplex/Delightworks development. I don't know enough about how each company contributes to the game.

I personally want Prototype Merlin from arcade.

It took me 15 minutes of support refreshes for your name to pop up again so enjoy your friendship chocolate. :p

Last edited:

Pejo

Hard to say on the Aniplex/Delightworks development. I don't know enough about how each company contributes to the game.

I personally want Prototype Merlin from arcade.

It took me 15 minutes of support refreshes for your name to pop up again so enjoy your friendship chocolate. :p
I haven't started the event proper yet. I still had last year's valentines CEs in my mailbox, been making room for and claiming those so I don't get more dupes. I bet some people like FGO Valentines, but for me it's absolute hell going through all the micromanagement and inventory cleanup.

deanote666

Lol. You replied when I was editing my last message.

I think they made it so duplicate Valentines CE stack during the event. You can still get another copy even if you got one a previous year.

I had to sell some old event CE just so I have about 30 open CE inventory slots (including second archive).

Now imagine the gift box/CE management when you're getting a CE gift from every single servant in the game after a lotto event. ;)

Last edited:

Pejo

Lol. You replied when I was editing my last message.

I think they made it so duplicate Valentines CE stack during the event. You can still get another copy even if you got one a previous year.

I had to sell some old event CE just so I have about 30 open CE inventory slots (including second archive).

Now imagine the gift box/CE management when you're getting a CE gift from every single servant in the game after a lotto event. ;)
Holy balls the pain tonight. I figured I'd do some more rolling to see if I could get either NP2 Sanzang or Sei now that the banner changed, and after all the painful rolls, I got 2 5* spooks - Jeanne NP5 and Drake NP5. Fucks sake, what even is a rate up.

deanote666

Tried a yolo 11 pull on Europa and got Sei NP2.

There's been times where I got 2-3 5* spooks and no rate up servants. On the bright side, the more NP5 5* you have, the more unregistered spirit origins you'll get.

Last edited:

Pejo

Tried a yolo 11 pull on Europa and got Sei NP2.

There's been times where I got 2-3 5* spooks and no rate up servants. On the bright side, the more NP5 5* you have, the more unregistered spirit origins you'll get.
I get the feeling that this isn't a consideration for the vast majority of the playerbase

deanote666

I get the feeling that this isn't a consideration for the vast majority of the playerbase
Ya never know. I used to think that way, now I have 13 (saving for caster saber).

You could be pulling on a shuten/raiden dual rate up and only get 2 shuten (NP7) and no raiden (true story) .

My drake is only NP2.

Tamamo caster was one of the last early 5* I was missing. Now NP7, never pulled her on a Tamamo rate up banner.

Gatcha works in mysterious ways.

Last edited:

Pejo

Ya never know. I used to think that way, now I have 13 (saving for caster saber).

You could be pulling on a shuten/raiden dual rate up and only get 2 shuten (NP7) and no raiden (true story) .

My drake is only NP2.

Tamamo caster was one of the last early 5* I was missing. Now NP7, never pulled her on a Tamamo rate up banner.

Gatcha works in mysterious ways.
Well after this session, my NP5 5*s are Waver/Jeanne/Drake/Altera/Tamamo/Vlad/Achilles. Wow, that's actually way more than I expected before counting them. I didn't even realize I got Achilles to NP5. Time to level his skills I guess. Shame I got both Drake and Achilles since they fill the exact same role just with different colors.

Anyways, they finally brought Bazett into FGO for this year's valentine's in JP. At least Arcade can't take this from us.
up386lkz76g81.png

deanote666

My NP5+ 5* list:
Gil archer 5* NP5
Brad NP6 (spooks)
Shuten 5* NP8 (Trying to Raiden NP2 on dual banner lol)
Space Ishtar NP5
Ozy NP5
Altera NP5
Archer Saber NP6 (GSSR)
Tamamo lancer NP6 (Trying to NP2 Mordred rider lol, Summer Pirates still NP1)
Sanzang NP7 (spooks)
Tamamo caster NP7 (spooks)
Zhuge NP5
Nightengale NP6 (spooks)
Vlad NP5
Jean ruler NP7 (spooks)

Forgot about a Shuten copy. All of the non-limited NP5 were from spooks.

My Achilles is only NP3.

Last edited:

Pejo

My NP5+ 5* list:
Gil archer 5* NP5
Brad NP6 (spooks)
Shuten 5* NP8 (Trying to Raiden NP2 on dual banner lol)
Space Ishtar NP5
Ozy NP5
Altera NP5
Archer Saber NP6 (GSSR)
Tamamo lancer NP6 (Trying to NP2 Mordred rider lol, Summer Pirates still NP1)
Sanzang NP7 (spooks)
Tamamo caster NP7 (spooks)
Zhuge NP5
Nightengale NP6 (spooks)
Vlad NP5
Jean ruler NP7 (spooks)

Forgot about a Shuten copy. All of the non-limited NP5 were from spooks.

My Achilles is only NP3.
That's quite a list. There can't be that many people with NP5 Summer Tamamo, especially with that awful 4* luck lol.

Btw, aren't we due for our first SSR selector this year? I guess I'll finally have Sanzang NP2 then.

deanote666

That's quite a list. There can't be that many people with NP5 Summer Tamamo, especially with that awful 4* luck lol.

Btw, aren't we due for our first SSR selector this year? I guess I'll finally have Sanzang NP2 then.
Ironically the NP1 pirates is the only thing I got out of Tamamo lancer's banner the first time around.

Free SSR should be coming at the end of April. Sounds like there's time locked restrictions to keep the free SSR fyi.

I'll probably go with Europa since she's my only NP1 on the list.

Last edited:

Pejo

Ironically the NP1 pirates is the only thing I got out of Tamamo lancer's banner the first time around.

Free SSR should be coming at the end of April. Sounds like there's time locked restrictions to keep the free SSR fyi.

I'll probably go with Europa since she's my only NP1 on the list.

For me it would be between Europa and Sanzang, but with as many NP5 riders as I have now, I can't in good conscience go for another AoE waveclear servant. Regardless, glad to see we made it this far for NA.

I still kinda wish they'd start accelerating us to eventually catch JP. It's going to hurt when FGO JP goes end of service and we still have 2 years to get the ending. I can't imagine that my urge to play/spend will continue after you know EoS is looming. I think since a lot of players would feel that way, they'd probably shutter NA before we get the ending, which is a shame.

deanote666

I haven't seen that "bursting" gift box since last Valentine's. Did you rewatch all of them or just skip the old ones?
Skipped unfortunately. Not enough time for a hundred cutscenes.

Space ishtar and kingprotea couldn't be skipped though.

If you did lotto events, you'd be friends with the bursting gift box. ;)

Used all of the CE's to level mlb kscope #5.

There were a couple interesting ones in the mix.
RgGrpBh.jpg
Mea95Jh.jpg

Pejo

Skipped unfortunately. Not enough time for a hundred cutscenes.

Space ishtar and kingprotea couldn't be skipped though.

If you did lotto events, you'd be friends with the bursting gift box. ;)

Used all of the CE's to level mlb kscope #5.

There were a couple interesting ones in the mix.
RgGrpBh.jpg
Mea95Jh.jpg
I never get the male ones, but that's pretty good. Bart has good taste.

Pejo

Damn my idiocy for not paying attention. I put off redeeming chocolates until the last day, and was spending my other currency to get that done, and accidentally traded all my target chocolates for QP without realizing I was doing it. Now I have to sit though 100~ scenes again just to get the new ones I need.

fate stay night unlimited blade works GIF

Pejo

Whew, all done with a few hours to spare. Man there's a huge difference between early/later servants and their valentines scenes.

Summer BB alone had as much text as some of the early events. It'd be nice if they went back and redid some of the 1st/2nd year servants.

Zambatoh

Whew, all done with a few hours to spare. Man there's a huge difference between early/later servants and their valentines scenes.

Summer BB alone had as much text as some of the early events. It'd be nice if they went back and redid some of the 1st/2nd year servants.
I think they kinda did. Some of the older characters seem to acknowledge the player's gender now. And I think BB's original valentine scene actually has an ending that doesn't result in a Bad End now. I don't know if that was possible before, but in previous years it was always a Bad End for me.

Pejo

I think they kinda did. Some of the older characters seem to acknowledge the player's gender now. And I think BB's original valentine scene actually has an ending that doesn't result in a Bad End now. I don't know if that was possible before, but in previous years it was always a Bad End for me.
Protea had a unique mechanic that it failed the valentine scene if you picked a certain option. I only ever got "bad end" in BB's stuff, I thought that was the only end. Regardless, I kinda like how GBF does it. Each year they get brand new 2-3 lines.

Pejo

tSTjmAs.jpg
Them drop rates from the hunting quests....
Yea I've been getting garbage drop rates too. Better than farming doors I guess.

I need to branch out in to some new Skadi loop teams, I'm so tired of seeing Dantes' NP, you have no idea.

Besides Parvarti, who else can you double Skadi loop with?

deanote666

Yea I've been getting garbage drop rates too. Better than farming doors I guess.

I need to branch out in to some new Skadi loop teams, I'm so tired of seeing Dantes' NP, you have no idea.

Besides Parvarti, who else can you double Skadi loop with?
Nito caster has a 100% NP battery so she can shoot off 3 with mlb kscope but might not be as good as Dante.

Got my Nito NP5 level 90.

Pejo

Nito caster has a 100% NP battery so she can shoot off 3 with mlb kscope but might not be as good as Dante.

Got my Nito NP5 level 90.
I found this, might try Atalante and Assassin Scat. I have like 4 MLB Kaleidos at this point, so that's not really the concern.

I wish Brad could loop, I enjoy watching her NP.

*edit*

Oops forgot the link, my post probably made no sense to you.

Last edited:

Pejo

Man I really don't need another Rider, but I love the mecha NP. Caenis is coming up, and I want to at least NP2 her....what to do, what to do...

Pejo

Caenis NP2 and Dinogirl NP (as high as I can get her) for me, until summer. Not touching my SQ until then.

*edit* Oh, and Castoria. What a terrible time to put her banner, right after summer reruns before new summer. They knew what they were doing.

Last edited:

deanote666

Caenis NP2 and Dinogirl NP (as high as I can get her) for me, until summer. Not touching my SQ until then.

*edit* Oh, and Castoria. What a terrible time to put her banner, right after summer reruns before new summer. They knew what they were doing.
I'm saving my uregistered spirit origins for Castoria. ;)

Pejo

Tesla gets animation update in JP. We'll probably get it fast-tracked like usual.

(still boring to me and I hate both him and Edison in this game)

Pejo

I wasted a bunch of my quartz on Semi NP2 since the Apoc rerun was up, totally had no idea Caenis was so close. Had 63 quartz, a ticket, and a dream. Currently saving up for a big purchase in real life, so I'm not gonna whale.

Ticket was nothing, but my first 11 roll got me Caenis, 2nd one got me the twins. I'd honestly rather had NP2 Caenis, but I'm pretty satisfied given the pulls and my luck lately in this game.

deanote666

Took 540 SQ to NP1 the twins, NP3 Caenis.

Finally finished using my x-mas lottery embers. Now I can finally start using gift box embers from last August.

Pejo

I really need to go back and work on some of these singularities. I am still on Sin, and haven't touched Agartha or Salem yet either. It doesn't help that reading puts me to sleep most times, so I can only do it before I get too tired.

deanote666

I really need to go back and work on some of these singularities. I am still on Sin, and haven't touched Agartha or Salem yet either. It doesn't help that reading puts me to sleep most times, so I can only do it before I get too tired.
I too like the story but it has the effect of putting me to sleep as well...

Agartha was ok but nothing too great. It was some cause of "censorship" rage because they dialed back on the vulgarness in NA when the original amount wasn't well received in JP.

Astalofo says hi. ;)

Don't really remember Salem.

Top Bottom