• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT2| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Pejo

Now I just need playable Tiamat, Sita, and xmas Suzuka from Arcade. I hope Arc gets her sweater/skirt as an outfit.

deanote666

Summer Servants:
tIap8Dg.png

FemMerlin and Gareth so far.

FemMerlin's NP:

Guess I'll still be playing in 2024.

Damn deanote666 deanote666 - your day has come (in 2 years). 7th anni is giving 3 SQ for every non-welfare servant that you have at max limit break. Total 915 if you have every servant.

I only have 16 NP5 5*, 60 NP5 non-welfare 4* servants. (assuming 27 welfare servants). Those 16 NP5 5* have generated 15 unregistered spirit origins.

My final summer haul is NP5 Kiara, NP2 Illya archer, NP2 Bryn zerker, NP7 Tomoe saber, NP3 Murasaki rider, NP3 Abi summer.

Got Kiyohime lancer to NP3.

Last edited:

Pejo

Guess I'll still be playing in 2024.

I only have 16 NP5 5*, 60 NP5 non-welfare 4* servants. (assuming 27 welfare servants). Those 16 NP5 5* have generated 15 unregistered spirit origins.

My final summer haul is NP5 Kiara, NP2 Illya archer, NP2 Bryn zerker, NP7 Tomoe saber, NP3 Murasaki rider, NP3 Abi summer.

Got Kiyohime lancer to NP3.
no, not NP5, just having them at max limit break (ascension) gets you the quartz. They can be NP1.

deanote666

no, not NP5, just having them at max limit break (ascension) gets you the quartz. They can be NP1.
GV3tPUt.gif

jMRTopg.jpg

Got 2 copies of archer Jeanne with the free monthly tickets so I did 1 more 10 pull. 17 NP5 5* now. (4th summer 5* NP5)

Last edited:

Pejo

So as usual I am barely getting the event story done on the last day. Just a few of the misc side stories to finish. I hate the quests with forced NPC characters as your only party members. What the fuck am I rolling for and building all of these characters if the game is just gonna make me use weaker under-leveled versions of them with bad CE choices?

I liked the horror bits in the beginning, but at a certain point (after the zombies), they just ignore that plot altogether and switch it up out of nowhere to be the plot about Yu. They could have done a better lead-in to that plot, and it felt really stupid the way it was done. Really disappointing because the story had promise in the beginning, and Abby and Kiara were great, but ultimately ended up being red herrings and entirely useless in the bigger story. Not that I hate when my expectations are subverted, but it at least has to make sense and be an interesting story. The diary bits were interesting at first too, until the plot reveal where it goes from being cryptic to suddenly just saying "hey yo it's ya girl Xu Fu and here's my plan typed out literally".

Reese XP was my favorite sub-story. Ridiculous but at least it was fun. Also, Summer Bryn/Sigurd were the new Tesla/Edison in being annoying as fuck one-note characters that eat up way too much screen time. I can see why this event rated lowly in JP. Next year's summer is supposed to be good at least.

Also, was it just me, or did they never really properly explain the random gender switch of the MC? It was only even mentioned by Mash once when she says, something like 'senpai, something seems off about you', and then briefly at the very end when they talk about the yin/yang sides of the lake. I legitimately thought that it was a bug that my character was showing up as the Fem MC after battles, and that could have been a really cool "whoah" moment, but again they fucked up the story and never really explained it well. I bet most players just chalked it up to a bug and never even noticed, or even realized that there was another 'master' in the singularity.

Anyways, this event overall gets a 4/10 from me. Tons of potential in the beginning, but terrible writing, abandoning the horror plot, and just spending too much time on random bullshit and not enough time on the good ideas and the fake MC.

What'd you guys think?

deanote666

They didn't explain how Mash was confused by the different MC unless I missed something?

My earlier post about attempt #2 was from one of those scripted quests.

Was an alright event but didn't feel they explained the twist well enough.

The 2 red herrings was kind of lame too.

Pejo

They didn't explain how Mash was confused by the different MC unless I missed something?
The only thing I maybe figured out is that Xu Fu was using Kiara Lily's illusion magic or Abby's dream magic to make herself look like the MC, but it doesn't explain why it was a genderswap. I wonder if you normally run a female MC if she just stays female? That would make more sense I guess. But yea, I guess just chalk it up to "muh illusion" or "muh dreams". At one point Xu Fu said that she was glad she got to know Mash and was hoping they could be friends, so apparently part of the time we were seeing/playing the story as Xu Fu? I don't know. They really fucked it up.

Pejo

vMzaI65VsPvR9dj13DG7Zhxc9Y4IKD3lCF1KGf0pxe0.jpg

Apparently Arcuied really helped sales on JP side. That's good news. I am gonna be sad when this game dies in JP, because then it's just a ticking clock for NA (and all other regions) to shut down.

*edit*

Man, I am having no luck getting a CE drop from either one. I've cleared the shop like 3 days ago so this is all just a waste too. Maybe I'll just stop and grab 2 from next year's rerun to MLB.

Last edited:

deanote666

vMzaI65VsPvR9dj13DG7Zhxc9Y4IKD3lCF1KGf0pxe0.jpg

Apparently Arcuied really helped sales on JP side. That's good news. I am gonna be sad when this game dies in JP, because then it's just a ticking clock for NA (and all other regions) to shut down.

*edit*

Man, I am having no luck getting a CE drop from either one. I've cleared the shop like 3 days ago so this is all just a waste too. Maybe I'll just stop and grab 2 from next year's rerun to MLB.
I got the damage CE to drop on the first run of the first free quest that I did.

Never saw another CE drop for the rest of the event.

Pejo

Tried a few more apples at the end there, still no CE. Ah well.

I just realized that this upcoming event is the event I skipped last year because I wasn't done with Sin.

Still not done with Sin.

fate zero GIF

Pejo

Material you can't farm yet.

Me cracking the whip to entice you to get sin done
I've been working on it actually. I don't think I have too much left to go. As far as materials go, I'm so far behind on those. Thank god the new prisms let me buy stuff I can't farm yet.

*edit*

Man, I don't know about the Fae camelot stuff yet since we're not there yet in NA, but most of the choices for 120 in JP is very pedestrian. It's like Jalter and Arjuna alter and then the cast of UBW. Usually Japan has more interesting taste.

I was surprised by the #1 though, does Kiara get some kind of buff I don't know about, or did she just resonate with JP suddenly? I never thought she was that well received over there.

vww82ir3cof91.jpg

*edit2*

Nevermind, I was reading it wrong. Kiara was just an example of something unrelated. Morgan is #1.

Last edited:

Pejo

Nearly done with Sin. I've been enjoying this story a great deal after I made it past all the pointless "fight these trolls and dickwolves" quests.

So Summer 7 is going to have 3 SSRs this year, exciting stuff. So far we only know of FemMerlin.

Also, ReDrop has a new summer art.

FZTgKN_UUAATUN2

Pejo

Well, deanote666 deanote666 - it is done.

yXSGpTd.jpg

Felt kinda good to dig my old Buster teams up. They were really handy in this lostbelt. Lots of invinicibilty fuckery in the fights, but I didn't lose any of them. I remember reading a long ass time ago that you had to have some sort of command code to beat Yu, but I just brute forced her. IMO, the 2 hardest fights were the random super buffed kung fu dudes and automatons and the Qin fight. I actually was down to only Mash who bonked the latter one to death. Pretty good story, I'd rate it in the upper tier for lostbelts so far.

Anyways, now I can finally dig into this event with 10 days left. I just want to grab the CEs then lightly farm it. I'm pretty sure Sin was the last event-gated lostbelt too, so I shouldn't be locked out of any future content.

deanote666

Well, deanote666 deanote666 - it is done.

yXSGpTd.jpg

Felt kinda good to dig my old Buster teams up. They were really handy in this lostbelt. Lots of invinicibilty fuckery in the fights, but I didn't lose any of them. I remember reading a long ass time ago that you had to have some sort of command code to beat Yu, but I just brute forced her. IMO, the 2 hardest fights were the random super buffed kung fu dudes and automatons and the Qin fight. I actually was down to only Mash who bonked the latter one to death. Pretty good story, I'd rate it in the upper tier for lostbelts so far.

Anyways, now I can finally dig into this event with 10 days left. I just want to grab the CEs then lightly farm it. I'm pretty sure Sin was the last event-gated lostbelt too, so I shouldn't be locked out of any future content.
Congrats!

The event is worth reading at least once. It ties into other events and think it ties in to Lostbelt 4 I think. Been awhile since I read all of it so I could be wrong.

Pejo

Ooku event is kinda fun. I enjoy the format, it's been a nice testing ground for a lot of NPs I haven't seen, or haven't seen in a while. I didn't realize Gil got a NP animation update. Also getting a lot of use out of my 10000 Alter Egos for a change with all the Assassin/Caster/Rider/Berserker nodes. Locking out our Mystic Codes kinda sucks though.

Anyways, new SSR for Summer 7. According to the event they had a week or two ago, we still have one more on the way besides her and FemMerlin.

0u74mrx5lvg91.png

I was 1000% positive it was going to finally be Ereshkigal considering they're pressing the "we want money" button lately. Still, looks great.

*edit*

Here are the ascension arts for Merlin/Gareth. Kinda "meh" to me, if I'm being honest, compared to past year summer ascensions.

Last edited:

Pejo

Damn, apparently I'm behind the times. The rest of the servants were revealed last week.

Anni servants:
Arcueid - Moon Cancer
Xu Fu - Alter Ego

Summer servants:
Merlin - Pretender
Gareth - Saber
Erice - Avenger
Skadi - Ruler
Wu Zetian - Caster
Ibuki - Berserker
Valkyries - Assassins (you get 1 welfare per run of the event, up to a possible 2 or 3 maybe - similar to Mecha Eli-chans). Not sure how they'll give out all 3 unless they're planning on double reruns of summer 7 in the future. Maybe throw them in the FP pool?

Anyways, here's Ibuki's NP

Looks good. I'm interested in Wu and Erice too, Wu is that common lolibaba trope, but she still makes me laugh.

Here's the new PV

*edit*

Damn, so not only are we getting 3 Valks to pick between, but we get costumes for each one too, for a max of 6 variants.
OYNAEgy.png

Last edited:

Pejo

Last post for now, here's Merlin's kit:

Limited Pretender [QAAAB] AOE Arts Support

• S1 Light In Your Hand B - Increases Arts card effectiveness for an ally [30%-50%] (3T) and Increases Max HP for an ally [2000-3000HP] (3T) and Increases Critical strength for an ally [50%-100%] (1T)
  • S2 Summertime Night-blooming Flowers D - Increases ATK for all allies [10%-20%] (3T) and Increases NP gauge for all allies by 20% and Applies Overcharge 100% to all allies (1 time, 3 turns)
  • S3 Succubus' Sides EX - Applies Invincibility to all allies (1T) and Applies Drain NP gauge for all enemies debuff <prevents enemy from filling their NP gauge for 1 bar> (1 time) and Applies Trait to all enemies (1T) and Charges NP per Trait for self [10%-20%] and Remove effects with Trait on self
  • NP Winds of Avalon - Applies Max HP Up on all allies [NP lvl: 3000-5000HP] (3T) and Applies NP charge per turn [NP lvl: 5%-10%] (3T) and Applies Gain critical stars per turn [OC: 5-25] (5T)
cooldown 8/8/10 to 6/6/8

---

Passives:

• Territory Creation D - Increases own Arts card effectiveness by 4%
  • Item Construction A+ - Increases own Debuff Chance by 11%
  • Mixed Blood EX - Gain 5% NP charge per turn for self
  • High Speed Melody EX - Start battle with 20% NP gauge

Basically Arts version of regular Merlin, with a few changes here and there. Won't supplant Castoria in farming nodes, but probably the new queen of Arts challenge quest teams.

Last edited:

Pejo

Well shit, I thought 2 things incorrectly.

First, I thought we had another day for Ooku.

Second, I thought there were only 3 floors.

RIP those command codes.

Is Ooku one of those quests that eventually ends up in the MP unlock shop? Like the Dantes quest.

Last edited:

Zambatoh

Well shit, I thought 2 things incorrectly.

First, I thought we had another day for Ooku.

Second, I thought there were only 3 floors.

RIP those command codes.

Is Ooku one of those quests that eventually ends up in the MP unlock shop? Like the Dantes quest.
According to the Wiki, Ooku does eventually become a Main Interlude quest. Though I'm not sure when that will happen.

deanote666

Olympus 3.2 is probably one of the reasons they added those revive prisms... made it through without using one by the skin of my teeth on the 2nd attempt.

LC0S0GK.jpg
Didn't realize the new event was a lotto.

Got a Scath (NP3) before a 5* CE. Gatcha be stingy on event CE this time.

Last edited:

Pejo

Olympus 3.2 is probably one of the reasons they added those revive prisms... made it through without using one by the skin of my teeth on the 2nd attempt.

LC0S0GK.jpg
Didn't realize the new event was a lotto.

Got a Scath (NP3) before a 5* CE. Gatcha be stingy on event CE this time.
This is the new "Gil-fest". They couldn't have picked a worse time for me to release a lotto event. My current job is ending this week and I'm starting a new one next week, and Genshin 3.0 releases to take up what little gaming time I'll have.

deanote666

This is the new "Gil-fest". They couldn't have picked a worse time for me to release a lotto event. My current job is ending this week and I'm starting a new one next week, and Genshin 3.0 releases to take up what little gaming time I'll have.
3 turn Space Ishtar farming works.

I want to know what they were thinking with the game board mechanic...

Zambatoh

Well there's your problem right there. You're trying to juggle two gacha games at once.

Zambatoh

Basic strategy for GF4.
My party consisted of Dioscuri, Kama, Leonidas, and Mephistopheles. I didn't have room for CEs, so I ended up cutting it pretty close.
I had Leo grab the evade buff quickly before running back to his starting position.
Kama (and sometimes Mephy) ended up having to tank through Cursed Arm and Serenity's fights.
Once 100-face caught up, I had to move Ritsuka a couple spaces and before I knew it, 100-face found herself sandwiched between Dio, Kama and Mephy. Which resulted in this scenario.
CAYx8A4.gif

Lalter tried to attack in this middle of this mess, but I had Dio 1v1 her. Which was barely an inconvenience.
"Oh...are you trying to get closer to us?"
"I can't lance the shit out of you without getting closer."
"Oho...Then come as close as you like."
Once it came down to just Atalante and Medusa, I baited Atalante into attacking Leo. Who (sometimes) had backup from Kama and Mephy. Leo survived a pretty long time and eventually fell Atalante.
As a side note, I also took the time to regain NP for Dio and Kama, but ended up not needing them.
I attempted to bait Medusa into attacking me, but Meuniere tried to run, so I sent Mephy in the other direction and had him go boom boom Bakudama on him without firing a single shot at best girl.

Zambatoh

Basic strategy for GF5.
My party members consisted of Kama, Irisviel, Bartholomew, and Chloe.

When Karna and Heroine X attempted to attack down the middle, I had Kama and Iri stand guard at the entrance. Effectively deadlocking the AI, because it refused to fight me here.
So I had Bart take on Merlin in the corner. I ended up using my Code Casts to keep him alive, but he eventually succeeded in taking down Merlin.
Meanwhile I had Chloe circle around from the left side. I grabbed the charge power up and got Sanzang to attack her. Chloe retaliated with an NP.
I then had Chloe go back and grab the Invul buff and attacked Sanzang. My Code Casts recovered, I was able to keep Chloe in the fight until Sanzang went down.
Meanwhile I had Bart come down from the right side and had him double-dare Chevy into moving, but he wouldn't budge.
Meuniere didn't want to move either, so I had Chloe come down and ambush him. Shakespeare attempted to fight Chloe, but obviously he wasn't going to do shit to her. So I had Chloe deliver the kiss of death and end this fight.
5gVLIdg.jpg

Last edited:

Pejo

I've only fought the 40AP node enough times to get the bunny costume for Shishou. This event, like most lotteries, come at a really bad time for me in relation to free time. I don't think I've ever been in a position to actually grind one. I probably won't even clear 2 boxes this time though.

deanote666

I've only fought the 40AP node enough times to get the bunny costume for Shishou. This event, like most lotteries, come at a really bad time for me in relation to free time. I don't think I've ever been in a position to actually grind one. I probably won't even clear 2 boxes this time though.
You should be able to finish more than 2 boxes just from using your daily AP. You get more than 2 boxes worth of tags from doing the grail missions.

3 turn space ishtar works well on the tag farming nodes! You can do it!

Top Bottom