• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT2| That's Hell You're Walking Into

deanote666

s0GXKDm.jpg
It begins...

I slacked on farming during the week... never got CE drop #6 so only 1 MLB.

Pejo

I expected way more than 72 boxes with that tbh. I got to box 6, but at least I got the Mini-Cu card and Shishou's costume, which is all I cared about.

deanote666

It's 600 points per box.

I think they lessened the MP in the boxes or I'm remembering wrong.

Helped replenish my gems since I drained a lot getting every characters' skill to at least level 4.

deanote666

Before the new event, it looks like I have 14 5* servants that are NP1 and 18 5* servants that are NP5.

Got 2 Achilles in a recent banner instead of the rate up so he's my newest NP5 5*.

Thinking I'll only get the new 5* coming Wednesday to NP1. NP doesn't sound too impressive.

Pejo

Before the new event, it looks like I have 14 5* servants that are NP1 and 18 5* servants that are NP5.

Got 2 Achilles in a recent banner instead of the rate up so he's my newest NP5 5*.

Thinking I'll only get the new 5* coming Wednesday to NP1. NP doesn't sound too impressive.
I just looked her up, and damn you're right. Waste of a great design on a kinda bad kit. She's a selfish AoE Buster buffer ruler with a non-damage NP. Wish we had a CE that automatically made all NPs do damage.

Anyways, don't forget that during this Gudaguda, we also can summon the FP pool for Nobukatsu, so I hope you've been saving some FP.

deanote666

I have over 1,000,000 friend points after the last lotto event. :messenger_beaming:

Did my friend point summoning ritual and got Oda Nobukatsu in the first 11 roll and then Anra (already NP5) shortly after. My first 2 11 rolls both had Himiko in them. Several rare prisms later, I got Saito Hajime.

Last edited:

Pejo

I also got Nobukatsu on my first FP pull, dunno if I want to waste FP trying to chase NPs or not, he sucks and I'll never likely use him in any content and his NP has no damage, so I'll probably be content with NP1.

I had a weird summoning session again where I got a LOT of stuff but not necessarily what I wanted easily. 270 + 7 tickets and I got NP6 Hajime, a rare prism Parvarti, NP4 Sanzang, and finally a Himiko. Hajime kept popping his smug face up, including 2 in a single 11x pull. I've never gotten so many of a rate up 4* so quickly before. Shame it had to be for him, who I'm not really interested in instead of, say, a summer banner where I always get boned on the rate up 4*s.

My story with Sanzang has been a weird one. I got her easily on the first Journey to the West banner forever ago when the game was new, never got another copy despite me really liking her and wanting NP enhancements. Fast forward to last year for the first GSSR ticket, where I picked her for NP2. Then, except for a stray Achilles, I think she's the only off-banner 5* I've gotten since picking her for GSSR. If I end up with NP6 I'm gonna feel like a fool.

Also, only got a single 5* CE out of all that. Still, I'm satisfied. I love Himiko's design and personality but man....that kit.

deanote666

The gatcha givith and takith away.

Some you never see and some you get to NP8.

FO3EgoP.jpg

Think the character designer for this event is a Kabaneri fan.

Last edited:

Pejo

The gatcha givith and takith away.

Some you never see and some you get to NP8.

FO3EgoP.jpg

Think the character designer for this event is a Kabaneri fan.
I'll be honest, I pretty much universally hate the GudaGuda events. The only one I kinda liked was the one where Okita Alter was introduced, and that was more because I like her as a character than the story being good.

deanote666

The gudaguda events are supposed to be over the top wacky so I guess it depends if you like that humor or not. They like to break the 4th wall in those. The Finale had references to the summer events.

Okita saber was my first banner rate up 5* that I got. I was F2P back then. Got her on the first or second 10 roll.

The first time I spent money on the game was the first GSSR. Got Zhuge, saw his NP didn't do any damage, and thought I got a rock. It was months later when I learned he was a good support and actually leveled him up.

Pejo

I spent quite a bit of time rerolling, and it looks like the account I eventually went with was Vlad (Berserker), Siegfried, and Altera, (along with Mash and the free Saber Lily that all new players got) as they're my earliest 4-5*s acquired on 6/26/2017. I remember at the time thinking how cool Altera's NP looked and being stoked. Looks like I rolled Artoria a few days later on the 29th. I was also F2P in those days, so this has always been a pretty blessed account. I seem to have a berserker/saber seeded account though, I never seem to have problems pulling those two classes specifically, again, unless Summer banner when my luck goes to literal shit.

deanote666

72HybHc.png

I started during the first moon dumpling event so that was after the saber lily give away.

My first 4* was Tamamo cat and my first 5* was Jean ruler. Got those withing my first couple rolls. Got 2 Jean ruler in 2 consecutive 10 rolls. Those 2 carried me through the first Halloween event when I had no idea what I was doing back then.

Apparently, I realized Zhuge was a good support during the Halloween event and immediately forgot afterwards.

My first double 5* was during the first Valentines event and got my first copies of Nero bride and Mordred.

Last edited:

Zambatoh

I wasn't planning on rolling on Himiko's banner when the event started. But I eventually decided that I wanted at least one CE to help speed up the farming a little bit.
I ended up getting Himiko in one multi-roll. Didn't get any CEs.
I leveled up Himiko with what materials I had, and I must say, she is surprisingly useful in a wide variety of team comps. I thought her first skill only generated 8 stars, but it turns out that it actually generates 8 stars per character. That's like slapping a 2030 on the entire team for 3 turns right there. Except now, I have room for battery CEs.
Plus if you run Himiko with another Himiko and alternate between their skill 1s, you're basically generating a minimum of 24+ stars for the entire battle.
Not to mention I never thought I would see the day that I could start seeing Overcharge 4 or 5 on a more consistent basis.
Running her with Merlin and Castoria also provides interesting results.

deanote666

Cleared the event shop of what I want with the raids.

Still 4 raids left at the time of this post. Will probably be over by the morning.

Pejo

Yea I saw that a few days ago which actually motivated me to open the event and progress. I appreciate you showing me again though, I'm still SUPER salty that I missed Mo's jean shorts costume. I want that one so bad. I also missed Space Ishtar's blue costume which I really want.

deanote666

You can always skip cutscenes. Events are always worth participating in for resources if nothing else. Less farming with lower drop rates later.

You been getting the linited time missions that require advancing the main story?

Skipping the next banner. Got Gil and Ozy both NP5.

Pejo

Another servant revealed from that big silhouette image.

xr7y6ms8xds91.png

She's designed by the person behind Atelier Ryza, looks suspiciously similar to

EAhD30UXoAcoIdv

Pejo

New Halloween servant and NP.

Yes it's who'd you'd expect, but not how you'd expect it.

I actually really enjoy the Halloween events, so this one will likely be great.

*edit*

New Assassin looks great:

Last edited:

Pejo

Got Astolofo saber to NP3.

Probably skipping the Halloween rerun banner. Got both at least NP2.
I had to look to see who was on this banner, but yea it's a pass for me too. I dumped too much SQ trying to get dupes of Bradamante in hopes of making her a Quick looper on archer nodes, but only got 1 NP level out of it. She's one of my favorite designed servants but they just do NOT want you using her as a looper, which sucks. I keep hoping she gets a strengthening that has NP gain added to one of her skills.

Anyways, I'm on save mode until Van Gogh and then we have back to back Ibuki Douji and Vritra, so those are my banner goals in the next few months. I actually got quite a few rolls together for this christmas lotto rerun, waiting until it's over to roll, but I should probably be over 20 boxes this time, which is the most in a long long while. Castoria made this rerun a breeze to farm.

deanote666

My only NP1 4* are Anne Archer and Gorgon.

My NP1 5* are Hokusai, Qin, Kintoki, Chu, Hijikata, Arjuna alter, Li Shuwen, Da Vinci caster, Quetz, Reines, Romulus, Tesla, Orion, Dioscuri.

Last edited:

Pejo

Well I dunno how I missed it, but there's a livestream tomorrow.

Chaldea PR] Chaldea Broadcasting Station U.S. Branch Vol. 16!

banner.png

Thank you for playing "Fate/Grand Order."

Chaldea Broadcasting Station U.S. Branch Volume 16!

Tune in on 2022-10-26 18:00 PDT for "Chaldea Broadcasting Station U.S. Branch Vol. 16", a special broadcast all about the English edition of "Fate/Grand Order"!
See below for more details.

Where to Watch:
YouTube

Title:
Chaldea Broadcasting Station U.S. Branch Vol. 16

Broadcast Date and Time:
Beginning 2022-10-26 18:00 PDT (2022-10-27 01:00 UTC)

MC:
Albert Kao (Aniplex of America)
Daichi Edamura (Aniplex)

Guests:
Kaito Ishikawa (Video Message)
Minami Tanaka (Video Message)

Scheduled Contents:
Video Message Featuring Voice Actors
Latest Game Information
End of Service Announcement for NA Server
...and more!

Maintenance right afterwards, and probably the Van Gogh banner after that.

deanote666

scxWzNk.jpg

Guess I should have done more story quests when they were handing out those revive items. Barely made it through on my 2nd attempt.

Not sure how Jean made it, even with Quetz's guts, but she pulled through. Would have been a 3ed attempt otherwise.

Last edited:

Pejo

Not seeing the summon history...

Got Nemo to NP1 and Van Gogh to NP2.

It's broken currently and they're working on it.

tv8uhiwb9bw91.jpg

Don't forget Nemo goes to standard banner after the event ends, so try to not go too crazy for him.

I got a copy of Van Gogh on my 3rd 10 roll, in and out nice and clean. Also got that 10/10 Jeanne/Jalter 5* CE for the art. Not gonna worry about NP levels since it's a buffing NP.

Zambatoh

I like the "Sonar-hime" animation they used for this event. They just fire her out of the cannon and then she belly flops onto her face as she pings the surrounding area. Instant classic.

Btw I'm digging the expanded support system. Now I have a reason to bring Merlin out of retirement. Not to mention this opens up opportunities for players to use the Double Arash system while leaving the Archer slot open for other characters.

Pejo

Btw I'm digging the expanded support system. Now I have a reason to bring Merlin out of retirement. Not to mention this opens up opportunities for players to use the Double Arash system while leaving the Archer slot open for other characters.
I'm glad you mentioned that, I totally forgot to update my supports. In my experience, nobody ever uses my supports outside of the big 3 casters and sometimes my Raikou zerker with Kaelidoscope for a waveclear. That's probably because most of my servants have between level 4 and 6 skills, sorry if you are on my friends' list and don't need Castoria/Skadi

It's not even the materials that stops me, it's the ridiculous amount of QP to max one out.

deanote666

I'm glad you mentioned that, I totally forgot to update my supports. In my experience, nobody ever uses my supports outside of the big 3 casters and sometimes my Raikou zerker with Kaelidoscope for a waveclear. That's probably because most of my servants have between level 4 and 6 skills, sorry if you are on my friends' list and don't need Castoria/Skadi

It's not even the materials that stops me, it's the ridiculous amount of QP to max one out.
The QP farm is my default AP use when I only have a few min to drain AP so my main concern is the items used.

Nemo drained my shells and blue orbs.

Pejo

Man this 'tap to speed up skills' is so nice. I never realized how much time I was cumulatively wasting watching skill animations. Too bad there's not a NP skip, but I kinda get them not wanting to allow us to skip it.

I really like Van Gogh's ascension arts, really cool servant in general.

Top Bottom