• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT2| That's Hell You're Walking Into

deanote666

There's a good amount of overreaching exposition in the current event so it's worth at least getting into your materials section (assuming it isn't entered automatically) even if you have to skip the cut scenes to avoid spoilers.

The event is basically Lostbelt 4.5.

Zambatoh

The Heroine XX boss fight is probably one of the most amusing boss fights I've seen in quite a while.
She's so terrified by her credit bill, that she not only forces you to attack it first, but she also stuns herself just being in it's presence.
Then when you kill her dog, she labels your whole team "Threats to Humanity" (including sub-members).
The meta commentary of this fight got me good.

Last edited:

deanote666

7v0UA2j.jpg

Weekly ticket go! (NP4)

Last edited:

Pejo

I dunno what this game has done to you to fool you into needing all of these NP levels, but I hope you snap out of it soon. Either that or I hope you won the powerball lotto.

I only go for over NP2 on servants I really like (or got by accident), but you do you.

Pejo

So per my usual self, I mostly ignored the event until the past 2 days, so I've been rushing it. I'm really enjoying this type of event where you uncover the map and then fight challenge battles etc, and the story has been fun.

Hot damn do I hate quests where they force NPC servants for your whole team, though. I kinda get why they did it, but holy shit that very first NPC battle with nerfed assassin Shishou was fucking painful. It was the first fight I've failed twice since like version 1 of the game.

g36q7kfunwy91.jpg

x2cdrchcqwy91.png

qnrkpxmcqwy91.png

4s37pyvcqwy91.png

6jaj1o4dqwy91.png

Yea she's in my strike zone alright. Right alongside my dinosaur waifu.

Last edited:

deanote666

So per my usual self, I mostly ignored the event until the past 2 days, so I've been rushing it. I'm really enjoying this type of event where you uncover the map and then fight challenge battles etc, and the story has been fun.

Hot damn do I hate quests where they force NPC servants for your whole team, though. I kinda get why they did it, but holy shit that very first NPC battle with nerfed assassin Shishou was fucking painful. It was the first fight I've failed twice since like version 1 of the game.

g36q7kfunwy91.jpg

x2cdrchcqwy91.png

qnrkpxmcqwy91.png

4s37pyvcqwy91.png

6jaj1o4dqwy91.png

Yea she's in my strike zone alright. Right alongside my dinosaur waifu.
Skadi's nerf was story related at least.

The pre-made teams are story related but jebus, there's not a lot of leeway on RNG to finish them.

Don't wait till the end to do events. :p You need to farm nodes to get the materials to explore.

Pejo

Don't wait till the end to do events. :p You need to farm nodes to get the materials to explore.
The skill animation skips and double Castoria has made these nodes a breeze, luckily. And I've been using a map guide to see approximately where the enemy/treasure nodes are, so it's not too bad. I'm almost done with map 3 which is the biggest one. The story NPC fights are the biggest roadblocks to this, though it got a bit better after you can start using NPC supports for the special effects like DEF down.

Also, my grailed Arash continues to be one of the best characters in the game due to his 1 round KO and sacrifice. In this event it's mostly just to "unmask" the masked enemies, but still it's hard to argue with results.

deanote666

I've gotten too comfortable with Space Ishtar 3 turn farming. Had that setup the last few events.

User her NP, reveal the enemy, Np 2nd turn.

Didn't use the NPC's too much, except when they were needed to finish the quest, since they use exploration resources.

The last explorable map is the largest I think.

Last edited:

Pejo

I've gotten too comfortable with Space Ishtar 3 turn farming. Had that setup the last few events.

User her NP, reveal the enemy, Np 2nd turn.

Didn't use the NPC's too much, except when they were needed to finish the quest, since they use exploration resources.

The last explorable map is the largest I think.
I'm on the last map now. I've still got a few hours left, should be fine.

Pejo

Welp, I got stalled at the last chapter's NPC fights, ended up not finishing.

Got all 3 command codes though, cleared out about 85% of the shop, so it's fine. Shame, I really was enjoying the story. Wish I wouldn't have put it off til the last minute.

deanote666

Welp, I got stalled at the last chapter's NPC fights, ended up not finishing.

Got all 3 command codes though, cleared out about 85% of the shop, so it's fine. Shame, I really was enjoying the story. Wish I wouldn't have put it off til the last minute.

There's always the event viewer in my room or youtube...

Just saw this and thought of you.

Last edited:

deanote666

All I gotta say is that LB 5.5 section 11.3 sux a$$.

Hope everyone else has NP5 tamamo lancer to save the day...

Edit: I guess I was supposed to use a NPC support but not sure how much that would have turned the tide.

Last edited:

deanote666

The mercy system (if you can call it that) gets implemented tomorrow.

Need to do 30 11 pulls to trigger it.

Mercy counter resets each banner.

Daily rotations of the same banner also reset the mercy counter so you'd need to do your 30 11 pulls in one go.

Doesn't explain how dual 5* banner mercy work when both are available at the same time on the same banner.

I think I've only had a handful go that high so not sure why they're even bothering...

Think this would work against them since the brain is more likely to spend if you spread it out so it isn't one big amount all at once.

Last edited:

Pejo

Oh damn, we're getting it early then? I read KR was getting it on new years.

I mean it's kinda nice for SSRs, but I can't think of too many times other than the OG Dantes banner that I had to spend 900 quartz for a single SSR. I heard it really bones our future summer banners though because they don't do rotating rate ups anymore, so all SRs are just available at all times.

Regardless, it's nice for F2P players that want to guarantee a SSR servant by saving up 900 quartz worth (or tickets).

Hoping I can get NP2 Ibuki without too much issue, but I think her banner starts in a week. I need another AoE Buster Saber like I need a hole in the head, but she's got a great design and her NP is cool.

Probably skipping Douman and Watanabe. I wouldn't mind getting a copy of Watanabe, but he reruns several times on more interesting banners and I absolutely do not need another niche Alter Ego either.

Vrtra right around the corner too, then I get a bit of a break until Ushi Alter and Caren on Valentines.

Pejo

So how exactly do you get the Kintoki costume, and is it limited time? From what I read, it seems to be a quest in the Losbelt 5.5 story, and doesn't seem to be limited time, but I wanted to make sure before I lost out on another costume.

Doubly so since I hate Kintoki's He-Man default look.

Pejo

Well I'm several chapters behind so I won't be clicking that anytime soon.

Did you make it to the Kintoki outfit quest yet?

deanote666

Well I'm several chapters behind so I won't be clicking that anytime soon.

Did you make it to the Kintoki outfit quest yet?
Unfortunately, not. That's in 5.5 and I still have 5-6 chapters left in 5.2.

Spoiler is just a comparison that you can't unsee. Sort of a spoiler but nothing Earth shattering.

deanote666

Kind of concerning that somebody with every character in the game, most at NP2+ cannot beat a story boss...
Well, to put into context, anything less difficult wouldn't be worth the buildup from the story.

I'm probably not using servant/CE combinations to their full potential.

Was able to Leroy Jenkins it with 2 Castoria.

Somewhat satisfying that the finishing blow was from Astolfo saber.

Edit: remember, they gave us story revive items to encourage us to finish LB 5.2 (they expired though)

Last edited:

deanote666

Fully finished with LB 5.2.

Took some screenshots since I apparently need to google some of who/what they were talking about in the last couple chapters because either I forgot about something (over a year since some characters were even mentioned) or they didn't do a good job explaining it.

Some of the boss fights were harder for me since I basically brute forced my way through without getting creative. Lots of bosses have non-removable invincibility buffs that overstay their welcome, chance of evasion buffs that overstay their welcome, and guts that over stay their welcome.

The boss fight that gave me trouble later on would have been better if they gave a better explanation of my plot armor.

Pejo

Fully finished with LB 5.2.

Took some screenshots since I apparently need to google some of who/what they were talking about in the last couple chapters because either I forgot about something (over a year since some characters were even mentioned) or they didn't do a good job explaining it.

Some of the boss fights were harder for me since I basically brute forced my way through without getting creative. Lots of bosses have non-removable invincibility buffs that overstay their welcome, chance of evasion buffs that overstay their welcome, and guts that over stay their welcome.

The boss fight that gave me trouble later on would have been better if they gave a better explanation of my plot armor.
I remember everyone complaining about the Yu fight in SIN for like a year until I got around to it, and I just cruised right through it. I'm hoping that will be similar when I hit 5.2. I really really dislike those random evade buffs, but nothing is worse than forced full NPC parties.

Anyways, I had some insane luck tonight on Ibuki.

1st 10pull, nada, 2nd 10 pull:

NyRvOGk.jpg

That Prince got me thinking I just had the luck of the century, but then the spook happened. Still, that's his NP2 and my first Ibuki and 2 rare prisms, crazy 10 pull.

3rd 10 pull - NP20 Berserkerlot and NP2 Yan Qing

4th 10 pull - Ibuki NP2 and Waver NP10 or something idk. I'm at 7 unregistered origins now, so my free selector is coming up. Probably use it on Vitch if I have enough by then.

Still, nutty set of pulls, and I'm really happy.

Pejo

Be mindful of where you're tapping to speed up skill animation.

Could count as a target change tap.
I like to live dangerously. I leave the "confirm" click on for skill uses, so it's a double tap for me, which allows me to think more about where i'm tapping. I have only mistapped a few times and that mostly resulted in buffing the wrong character.

So since I haven't had time to play much, I've been burning my stamina on finishing some of the 30+ strengthening quests I had sitting there. I didn't even realize a lot of these characters got buffs.

I also am blueballed by several characters I actually use because I haven't finished the Epic of Remnant quests... Man I need a few days to just sit back and enjoy the story and get some of these things finished up. There's always something going on to distract me.

Regardless, it begs the question: Is there anything a double Castoria + SpIshtar team isn't great for? I can consistently 3 turn each node as long as it's not full berserkers for all 3 nodes and if I don't get royally screwed in node 3 with no SpIshtar brave chain. I've been running the gown Mystic Code to have the card shuffle and extra NP boost, it's been really effective.

deanote666

I like to live dangerously. I leave the "confirm" click on for skill uses, so it's a double tap for me, which allows me to think more about where i'm tapping. I have only mistapped a few times and that mostly resulted in buffing the wrong character.

So since I haven't had time to play much, I've been burning my stamina on finishing some of the 30+ strengthening quests I had sitting there. I didn't even realize a lot of these characters got buffs.

I also am blueballed by several characters I actually use because I haven't finished the Epic of Remnant quests... Man I need a few days to just sit back and enjoy the story and get some of these things finished up. There's always something going on to distract me.

Regardless, it begs the question: Is there anything a double Castoria + SpIshtar team isn't great for? I can consistently 3 turn each node as long as it's not full berserkers for all 3 nodes and if I don't get royally screwed in node 3 with no SpIshtar brave chain. I've been running the gown Mystic Code to have the card shuffle and extra NP boost, it's been really effective.
Before 3 turn ishtar, i ran arash, tamamo cat, and fran zerker to clear them.

Just don't start a story line and leave it sit awhile so you don't forget what was going on.

Some of the new interludes needed special parties.

Pejo

2023 Banners. Click to embiggen. I'm still not sure if I'm rolling for Muramasa yet. Is he even useful? I see he's AoE Arts NP, so I guess he must be good in lancer nodes with double Castoria. Still, I haven't seen much about him from JP side other than the fanboyism for Shirou.

u9u0uy8maa981.jpg

Pejo

I'm excited to see that Spishtar event rerun should be coming soon. I want to get that blurple costume this time for sure, no more waiting until the last day this time. Plus I still want to see how the story ends for that event. I started skipping it at like 50% through on the last day because I was trying (and failing) to finish it. After I get that costume, the only one that I missed that I really wanted was Mordred, which we should be getting for RP in the Crane shop that's going to open up in April/May.

My next definite targets are Ushi Alter and Caren. Does Quick ever get a servant like Koyanskaya that makes looping easier, or is Double Skadi still it? I'd say a good 80% of my favorite servants are all Quick.

deanote666

tCFm2Ox.jpg

Perfect time to get caught up on the story. 😉

Do you need to NP6 a 5* to get them to level 120, all 3 append skills? Asking for a friend... *shifty eyes*

Last edited:

Pejo

Np6 5* is also assuming bond 15 I think.

Totally not staring at space ishtar's banner... *shifty eyes*

NP5 space ishtar, NP3 Jane.

Edit:
Space ishtar level 104, NP5 gil level 102.
Oh man you made me think the Spishtar rerun started. I logged in and was relieved it wasn't happening yet.

Top Bottom