• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT2| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Pejo

The best thing about Saber Wars II is how much it's theme song SLAPS!

Dance Halloween GIF by aurel
Winnie The Pooh Happy Dance GIF by Leon Denise
Dance Dancing GIF by The .GIFYS

*edit*

This is great, is it actually played in the game? End credits or something?

Last edited:

deanote666

Welcome to the 3 turn Space Ishtar looper party! Not sure if there's a minimum NP level for her to do it reliably.

Ironically, I've received 2 more copies of Space Ishtar than Jane and that ratio didn't change after getting Jane to NP4 on this banner.

Zambatoh

Oh I didn't roll her for that. I got plenty of other characters for that.
I just like the Servant-verse characters. I even got Heroine X and X.Alter when they first came out. But wasn't able to do the same for Ash and Jane until this re-run. And now I have them.

deanote666

xixf9cT.jpg

Jane still NP4...

Edit: Jane NP5 with the special mission reward tickets. Guess I should stop pulling?

Last edited:

Zambatoh

Nah. Billy's your typical stall boss. He has no real immunity to the Master's Code Casts. So you can NP Drain, Stun, or throw up an Invul Shield for Ash. Plus Ash has her own Invul buff.

deanote666

Nah. Billy's your typical stall boss. He has no real immunity to the Master's Code Casts. So you can NP Drain, Stun, or throw up an Invul Shield for Ash. Plus Ash has her own Invul buff.
He had sure hit and invincibility break, which is annoying for a NP each turn enemy when you can't set your party and expected to use a command seal.

Zambatoh

He had sure hit and invincibility break, which is annoying for a NP each turn enemy when you can't set your party and expected to use a command seal.
That can't be right. I tanked Billy's NP with an Invul. on the first turn. Not that it matters anyway. I used Drain NP on him on the 2nd turn.

Last edited:

deanote666

That can't be right. I tanked Billy's NP with an Invul. on the first turn. Not that it matters anyway. I used Drain NP on him on the 2nd turn.
First attempt, I used a mystic code with evade and he used sure hit on the first turn.

2nd attempt, I used a mystic code with invincible and tried to get him without using a command seal. Used her invincible skill on the first turn, mystic code on the 2nd. On the 2nd turn, he used invincible break.

deanote666

I finished the Dark Rounds quest earlier today, so I'm basically done with the event. Only a handful of bronze items are left in the shop.
I'm down to the last few story missions but have enough to clear out what I want from the shop. Finished all of the bounties.

This is one of the few reruns where I'm actually rereading the story but time constraints have slowed me down.

Pejo

You know, I have to say, the story was pretty good for this event. I only got about 1/3 of the way through last time before I ran out of time and had to skip. Maybe my brain was dead from all of the grinding, but I actually didn't see it coming that Ashtart was the good half and Ishtarin was the "bad" half. Boy Ashtart got a raw deal though.

Pejo

deanote666 deanote666 did you do the "Dark Rounds" bounty quest? I'm looking at the layout on gamepress and it seems like a real annoying fight. I'm debating just trying to brute force it with Spishtar and command spells to recharge NP. It seems doable until I read the 80% damage reduction on all 5 of them that you can't dispel.

y0son5spprca1.png

Nitocris Alter, AoE arts Avenger with 100% self battery. Spishtar has competition maybe? Design is fucking great.

Last edited:

Zambatoh

The gimmick with Dark Rounds is that (during the taunt phase) you have to knock out their defensive formation by hitting the target with their card/crit weakness. And then take advantage of the following turn to throw an NP at them before they throw their guard back up.
Attacking Gareth during the taunt phase is a bit of a nightmare though since the other knights will instant charge their NPs.

Last edited:

deanote666

I had a long day at work so I didn't get a chance to respond earlier. Pejo Pejo

I did indeed do the quest.

I used Space Ishtar and 2 Castorias for most of it. Think I had Jane in reserve. The Single damage bonus ce on Ishtar and the party damage increase on the rest.

Did the mechanic with the card types to break formation when I could. Spammed NP's as much as I could.

Ended up using a 3 command seal revive when I was down to the last one.

Last edited:

deanote666

deanote666 deanote666 did you do the "Dark Rounds" bounty quest? I'm looking at the layout on gamepress and it seems like a real annoying fight. I'm debating just trying to brute force it with Spishtar and command spells to recharge NP. It seems doable until I read the 80% damage reduction on all 5 of them that you can't dispel.

y0son5spprca1.png

Nitocris Alter, AoE arts Avenger with 100% self battery. Spishtar has competition maybe? Design is fucking great.
Nito is my go to AOE caster. Got regular Nito grailed up to 90.

Last edited:

deanote666

Got our new avenger to NP2 and Achilles to NP7 before I got a 5* event CE.

Was turning into gilfest all over again where I got Gil to NP5 before getting a single 5* event CE.

Lots of "culture" in the start of the event.
G3d7skU.jpg
EF902ia.jpg
uozdMBW.jpg

yTUPYsV.jpg

aW86DvL.jpg

Last edited:

Pejo

I had worse luck on this banner than any I can remember outside of Dantes. Sucks too. Avenger Ushi was one of the ones I really wanted, but I'm a good 600~ SQ in with nada.

Got literal tons of CEs, and painfully I got 2 Lobo spooks, and tons of 4* spooks of servants I already had at NP5. Pain.

Is there any tracking in the game to see what your pity counter is currently at?

Zambatoh

I had worse luck on this banner than any I can remember outside of Dantes. Sucks too. Avenger Ushi was one of the ones I really wanted, but I'm a good 600~ SQ in with nada.

Got literal tons of CEs, and painfully I got 2 Lobo spooks, and tons of 4* spooks of servants I already had at NP5. Pain.

Is there any tracking in the game to see what your pity counter is currently at?
The "summon history" button in the lower left hand corner is the closest you're gonna get.

…and I just got spooked by Achilles on a ticket draw. The man must have a death wish with the Amazone CEO close by.

Last edited:

Pejo

The "summon history" button in the lower left hand corner is the closest you're gonna get.

…and I just got spooked by Achilles on a ticket draw. The man must have a death wish with the Amazone CEO close by.
Adding a pity mechanic and then not showing you your pity counter. Now THAT'S a FGO gacha move.

deanote666

I screenshot all of my 11 pulls so I can view my shame later and mentally keep track of my single pulls, screenshot those only when I get non-garbage.

Pity is 30 11 pulls if that helps.

Pejo

Well it looks like my problem was trying to do my summons late last night after the maintenance ended. I bought a pack this morning, got my first copy on the 2nd 11-pull, then 2 pulls later got this:

4UTJOsi.jpg

Boy that was a trash banner for me overall though. Got tons of stuff but most of it was NP5+ 4 star servants (aka Rare Prisms). I hope Caren banner is nicer to me than this one was.

*edit*

Oh I wanted to ask - what is this year's deal with the Valentine's CEs? Keep in mailbox, keep in active inventory, keep in storage, or use as xp fodder for CEs? I remember at one point we were supposed to keep them somewhere which would prevent us from getting dupes but I'm not sure what the details are, and my last year valentines CEs are about to expire in my mailbox. I actually dread Valentines in FGO just because of all the CE management I have to do every year. I might just fodder them all and not worry about it this year.

Last edited:

Pejo

Use them as xp fodder.

Use the dupes as xp fodder.

They give enough to claim them all each year.
Yea I realize they give enough to claim, but I'm trying to prevent getting dupes so I don't have to grind as much for valentines. Does having them in your inventory already mark them as "obtained" this year from the random chocolate? I don't want to fodder them off then get them all right back again.

deanote666

Not sure on dupes.

There's exactly enough random/specific gift items for all of them. Don't know if any system blocks them from the random pull.

Don't think your inventory counts them until you actually claim them from your inbox.

Never had any dupes left over to know how that system works.

Do you have a level 100 CE yet? Get them special mission SQ.

Last edited:

Pejo

Do you have a level 100 CE yet? Get them special mission SQ.
No, I didn't even know there was a mission for it. My highest is a level 56 Kaleidoscope, which I barely even use since Castoria.

Do you remember how to make CE bombs? I remember reading a guide for it like 4 years ago, but obviously I never actually tried it.

deanote666

No, I didn't even know there was a mission for it. My highest is a level 56 Kaleidoscope, which I barely even use since Castoria.

Do you remember how to make CE bombs? I remember reading a guide for it like 4 years ago, but obviously I never actually tried it.

I read about them too but never used them. Something about max level low rarity CE's or something.

I just did it the long way since I don't have to worry about MP at the moment.

Last edited:
Top Bottom