• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT2| That's Hell You're Walking Into

JORMBO

Darkness no more
0g30vmv.jpg

Developer: Delightworks
Platform: iOS, Android
Cost: Free to Play (optional ingame transactions)
Genre: Role-Playing

Overview
Fate/Grand Order is an online free-to-play role-playing game based on the Fate/stay night visual novel game and franchise by Type-Moon, developed by DELiGHTWORKS. The game is centered around turn-based combat where the player, who takes on the role of a "Master", summons and commands powerful familiars known as "Servants" in battle against their enemies. The story narrative is presented in a visual novel format, and each Servant has their own personal scenario which the player explores. There are several versions of the game:
  • Japanese: Fate/Grand Order launched on July 29, 2015.
  • Chinese: Fate/Grand Order(命运-冠位指定)launched on September 29, 2016.
  • Taiwanese: Fate/Grand Order launched on May 18, 2017.
  • English: Fate/Grand Order (English) launched on June 25, 2017.
  • Korean: 페이트/그랜드 오더 launched on November 21, 2017.
Story
In 2015, the final era where sorcery still exists, the Chaldea Security Organization, its numerous projects having guaranteed humanity's existence through to the next century, discovers that the future they have observed no longer exists, and calculates that humanity will now go extinct in 2017. It traces the cause of this event to an anomaly that has appeared in 2004 in Fuyuki City. To avert the extinction of mankind, Chaldea decides to use its sixth experiment, time travel, converting its agents into spirit particles and sending them through time to destroy the space-time anomalies that will cause humanity's extinction. The name of this mission: "Grand Order", the name for those who would rise up against human history for the sake of humans, and fight fate itself.

(Time is based on the original Japanese version)

Gameplay
Fate/Grand Order is a turn-based tactical RPG. The player takes the role of "Master" and command a group of individuals who are heroes and other figures in history and from various myths, legends and tales, called "Servants". The player commands a party composed of up to 6 Servants in each battle, 3 active members and 3 reserve members. In each turn, the player is given a set of 5 Command Cards and have to use 3 of them to attack. The cards are randomly generated depending on the Servants active. The cards have three types: Buster (a heavy attack), Arts (a medium attack that charges the special gauge named Noble Phantasm), and Quick (a light attack that generate Critical Stars that ensure critical hits next turn). If 3 similar cards are used in one turn or called Chains, it gives bonus based on how similar the cards are. Each Servants also have skills that can be used before drawing Command Cards, each skill give effects in the battle, as well as a special skill called "Noble Phantasm" which can be used when a special card appeared when the NP gauge is full. The "Master" also has a separate set of skills and a special ability to use what are called "Command Spells". Command Spells have a variety of effects, which can also change.
Servants are obtained by summoning them through a summoning system that consumes Saint Quartz, an in-game currency and Friend Points, points received by providing or using a Support Servant provided by NPC and friends. Each Servants have designated class whose effectiveness in battle depends on what class the enemies are. There are also another type of cards called "Craft Essences" that can be obtained in summoning and used to give additional effects when equipped to a Servant. Certain Servants and Craft Essences can be only obtained in limited-time only events.

Resources:
Grand Order Wikia
Reddit Grand Order
Official US Website
NeoGAF Original OT

Current NA Event:
20200706%203rd%20Anniv%20Banner%20Res_0.png

Event Shop Items 2020:

July
I. Re-run Ishtar Cup part1

chichi wine x10
Grease x20
Page x20
Lanugo x20
Frost x20
Lantern x20
Shell x20
Phoenix Feather x20
Stinger x30
Fluid x30

II. Re-run Death Jail Summer part2
Gallstone x10
Lamp x20
Medal x20
Tearstone x20
Gear x20
Serpent Jewel x20
Shell x20
Dragon Fang x30
Gunpowder x30
Proof x30

August
I. Summer Fest

Scarab x10
Warhorse horn x20
Shell x20
Lanugo x20
Aurora Steel x20
Frost x20
Grease x20
Seed x30
Evil Bone x30

September
I. Re-run Fate Zero

Drago Scale x10
Octuplet Crystal x20
Medal x20
Root x10
Page x20
Stinger x30
Gallstone x10
Warhorse Horn x20
Gear x20

II. Battle in New York
Dragon Scale x10
Lamp x20
Ring of Giants x20
Grease x20
Phoenix Feather x20
Stinger x30
Medal x20
Gunpowder x30
Fluid x30

October
I. Re-run Halloween

chichi wine x10
Claw of Chaos x20
Magatama x20
root x10
Lanugo x20
Lantern x20
Horn x20
Horseshoe x20
Chain x30

II. ONILAND
Scale x10
Grease x20
Aurora Steel x20
Heart x10
Lamp x20
Phoenix Feather x20
Shell x20
Stinger x30
Fluid x30

November
I. Re-run Alter Christmas

Chichi wine x10
Gallstone x10
Heart x10
Tearstone x20
Lamp x20
Lanugo x20
Magatama x20
Horseshoe x20
Chain x30
Stakes x30

December
I. Holy Samba Christmas

Root x10
Light's Core x20
Claw x20
Scarab x10
Horn x20
Shell x20
Medal x20
Proof x30
Gunpowder x30

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I wrapped up Babylonia the other day and breezed through Solomon this weekend. The last two fights were pretty hard. I had to use my command seals on the one that had a ton of HP. Even then I beat him with a guts proc on my last character.

I used the quartz I got from Babylonia to do a few small rolls on the Tomoe banner before it disappeared and managed to get her. I am going to start Shimosa to get her ascension mats now. I don’t think there are any banners I’m interested in until the very end of the year so time to save quartz.

EDarkness

Whoa. New thread. I haven't been doing much in the game. Though, I guess I should finally finish some of the story stuff. I don't have any SQ to do any pulls, so no much to do.

Pejo

Nice thread! How did we hit the archive? No replies in a few days or something? I've been out of town in the middle of the woods for the past week or so, so I just got back.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Nice thread! How did we hit the archive? No replies in a few days or something? I've been out of town in the middle of the woods for the past week or so, so I just got back.

They rebooted the whole Community section and requested we remake any threads that were owned by someone prior to the GAF/ERA split who doesn’t post here anymore.

Sakura

Started trying to play the game again last night, what with the anime airing and all. Currently still in London.
But the battles are so damn slow. And you have to do like, 5 of them just to continue on the story. Really wish it was more user friendly.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Started trying to play the game again last night, what with the anime airing and all. Currently still in London.
But the battles are so damn slow. And you have to do like, 5 of them just to continue on the story. Really wish it was more user friendly.

During battle there is an option menu in the upper right corner. In there you can set an option to speed up battle animations, which makes things a lot quicker. I didn’t find that until after playing a few months.

Pejo

Yea JORMBO's tip will help a lot with the speed. You can even set the Noble Phantasm speed independently of the battle speed, if for some reason you want to watch them in normal time instead of sped up. Unfortunately, FGO is one of the least "auto" friendly gacha games out there. You have to always manually pick your cards and watch all the animations. The nice thing is that the game is sorta built to play for 5 minutes then put it down for a few hours, so it's not terrible. It gets old when you're grinding through trash mobs in the early chapters though. Eventually, there will be story bits between almost every arrow in later chapters, which is the game's strong point (imo).

What's your friend code? Everyone that still checks this thread has pretty beefy teams by this point, so you can borrow some stronger servants until you get your team built out a bit. Welcome to the thread, also! If you need any specific servant or CE equipped, don't hesitate to ask the thread. I know deanote666 deanote666 has almost every servant in the game, lol.

Also, a few tips I like to give newer players - Build out some strong AoE berserkers (3* Kiyohime or Darius for starters, better are Fran/Lancelot/TamamoCat/etc) and the 1 star archer Arash. They will make farming events and plowing through these mixed waves of low level enemies so much easier. Also, make sure you unlock the Chaldea Combat Uniform as soon as possible. It makes your life a lot easier. It lets you swap a servant with a back line servant without them dying, and has a near 100% stun (minus some story mode buff bullshit) which is great to give yourself another round before an enemy servant fires off a powerful move.

Last edited:

Sakura

I've already been using the speed up thing, but yeah, the battles still drag on. Like, why can't I just outright skip the Noble Phantasms?
My problem is I am trying to catch up with the story, because I actually enjoy the story, but if I played for 5 minutes at a time it would probably take me 100 years.
My one friend I already have I think has pretty good servants I borrow:
iDayTrA.jpg

friend code is 087,571,108
but it's for the Japanese version.

Last edited:

deanote666

What's your friend code? Everyone that still checks this thread has pretty beefy teams by this point, so you can borrow some stronger servants until you get your team built out a bit. Welcome to the thread, also! If you need any specific servant or CE equipped, don't hesitate to ask the thread. I know deanote666 deanote666 has almost every servant in the game, lol.
And I have almost all of the one's that I have at max ascension. :p

Only the 3 newest servants are the only ones that I don't have max ascended.

Edit: I now have 5 servants that aren't max ascended and 1 unregistered spirit origin... And my Raikou and Musashi are still NP1...

I've already been using the speed up thing, but yeah, the battles still drag on. Like, why can't I just outright skip the Noble Phantasms?
My problem is I am trying to catch up with the story, because I actually enjoy the story, but if I played for 5 minutes at a time it would probably take me 100 years.
My one friend I already have I think has pretty good servants I borrow:
iDayTrA.jpg

friend code is 087,571,108
but it's for the Japanese version.

You should read the 4th wall breaking official manga that gets released with the game. It makes the joke about needing a NP skip button.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Shimousa banner 2 started today for anyone interested in Raikou. She’s paired with Shouten right now, but should have a solo banner soon.

They also gave 10 SQ for the retweet campaign.

Pejo

Shimousa banner 2 started today for anyone interested in Raikou. She’s paired with Shouten right now, but should have a solo banner soon.

They also gave 10 SQ for the retweet campaign.
I wanted that ninja and had 60 SQ after the 10 free ones, but I ended up getting the samurai instead with 2 10 pulls and a ticket. The last thing I need is more sabers. You pulling on this one?

deanote666

I was significantly less lucky on part 2 getting the 2 new 4*.

Part 1 only cost me 60SQ, 30 of which I had saved.
Part 2 cost me 330SQ, 0 of which I had saved. Got a Spook Karna (now NP2) and a Shuten (my first unregisterd spirit origin)...

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I wanted that ninja and had 60 SQ after the 10 free ones, but I ended up getting the samurai instead with 2 10 pulls and a ticket. The last thing I need is more sabers. You pulling on this one?

I spent all my quartz on the last banner and I have NP2 Raikou already, so I’m sitting this one out. I ended with NP2 Musashi, NP1 Tomoe and NP1 of the assassin from the last banner so I’m happy with my pulls. I grailed Tomoe to 90 already.

Zambatoh

I ended up with Chiyome and Inferno after dropping quartz on both banners last night.
I guess it was too much to expect either Shuten or an NP3 Raikou, but oh well.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Halloween just got announced for 10-23.

This game loves throwing Musashi at me. I spent 18 SQ for a small chance at NP2 Tomoe before the banner goes away and got two more copies of Musashi. Up to NP4 now.

Pejo

Halloween just got announced for 10-23.

This game loves throwing Musashi at me. I spent 18 SQ for a small chance at NP2 Tomoe before the banner goes away and got two more copies of Musashi. Up to NP4 now.
Damn, that's a nice get though. She's one of the strongest buster Sabers in the game. I was hoping to get her to NP2 while i went for the other new servants, but nothing for me. I'll definitely be borrowing your Musashi in the future.

I always enjoy the Halloween Liz events, so I'm actually looking forward to this one. Plus I'm in dire need of silver/gold pieces for all classes. Summer and these last two banners wrecked my supply. I'm in single digits of pieces for every class right now because I ignored almost every one of the reruns like a lazy ass.

I think I'm going to pick all silver mecha-Liz this year and get the pink one on the rerun next year. We'll see how the story goes though. I finally started in on Shinjuku over the weekend since I was a little under the weather. It's pretty enjoyable so far.

Zambatoh

Musashi eludes me in general. But at least it's staying true to the story. Having fucked off somewhere to hit up every Udon joint she can find.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
With recent Merlin and Musashi banners, plus Eresh coming up, I am wondering if Halloween CEs on my friendlist might be rare. There doesn’t seem to be a lot of hype around the new SSR. A lot of people on my friendlist have notes saying they are in saving mode for Eresh now.

I added the Halloween guide image to the OP so it is easy to find. Lots of mats in there I need for skill ups.

Zambatoh

Fate_GO_2019-10-23-10-19-06.jpg

If Guda can ninja his way out of a Halloween event, then my phone can learn to crash every time I try to start it.

Pejo

3 10-pulls and I nabbed Osakabe and a few of the CEs including the 2nd best one (Nurse). I just realized this is the event that gives me my all time favorite CE design (and I wish eventually a servant):

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I did 2 rolls for CEs and got a few. Burned a ton of FP to get a batch of 3 star CEs also. Time to farm.

I didn't feel like rolling for a NEET. Instead
RU4zsaG.jpg

It worked out.
I got the Gamer Oni on the next pull too, so now I once again have mouths to feed. Time to grind the event out and then grind out XP cards I guess.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I'm at 41/100 missions done so far. I think I only have 2 left until the next phase unlocks. I like this type of event where they give you tons of objectives and let you plot out how to do them efficiently.

Pejo

I'm so glad this is a mission based event. These are the only ones I ever feel like I can reasonably 100% clear anymore. I like having the structure of knowing exactly what I'm supposed to do. Story's been fun so far, per usual for Halloween Liz stories. A lot of people are down on the translation of Osa, but whatever, it's lighthearted fun.

Zambatoh

Oh wow. After all this time we finally get a new Saber Wars. Too bad I still have to wait another 2 years to play it.

deanote666

Took around 600SQ but I finally got the NEET to NP1... Got 2 5* CE MLB with extras, 2 4* CE MLB with extras, 7 3* CE MLB with extras...

My divine progress and possibly my rider progress got reset... Should I be one of those on twitter demanding all of the things, lol?

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I read about that bug on Reddit. I lucked out and didn’t have anything reset. I’m at 88/100 now. I had some free time the other day so I burned the silver apples from the event and a few golds.

Pejo

All of the ascension art and animations were released for Spaceshtar and Calamity Jane today, and they datamined some sprites too:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
They added 10 new missions for Babylonia anime that each give a quartz. And we also hit the goal for the 30 quartz campaign, so we will get those soon.

Pejo

They added 10 new missions for Babylonia anime that each give a quartz. And we also hit the goal for the 30 quartz campaign, so we will get those soon.
This is the most new content we've had to do in such a long time. This must be how JP feels, lol.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
This is the most new content we've had to do in such a long time. This must be how JP feels, lol.

I have tons of mats to raise skills right now but each one requires 5-10 million QP. With all this content I haven’t had AP to farm doors.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Tried for Gramps with 90 quartz and 20 tickets and got a few SRs I’ll never use like Siegfried. All that free currency they dumped in us gone already :messenger_tongue:

Next event:

Pejo

Sorry to hear about those rolls, I'm personally saving for Salem banners. I really want Sheba.

I did pretty well on that last event, cleared out of most of the store, restocked on quite a few pieces/monuments. Still need more, of course, but every bit helps.

Quick guide for the new quartz quests, stolen from Reddit:

To Complete:
To start off, you'll need Babylonia completed to get all of these missions done. For masters that don't have Babylonia yet, take advantage of Part 1's 1/4 AP and get it done. For another reason on why you should do Babylonia, this year's Christmas event requires Babylonia to be completed.
Fuyuki X-A
[Burning] = 3 AP
Babylonia Eridu [Forest and Temple] = 21 AP
Orleans Marseille or Domremy or Vaucouleurs [Hill] = 7 AP
Orleans Orleans [Castle] = 8 AP
Septem Mt. Etna or Gaul or Appia Road [Wasteland] = 9 AP
Okeanos Pirate Island [Sandy Beach/Desert and Near Water] = 13 AP
Camelot East Village or Mausoleum of the Evening Bell [Rocky Mountain] = 19 AP
Babylonia Northern Hill or Plateau or Shimosa Rice Fields [Grassy] = 20 AP
Total: 100 AP

Top Bottom