• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT2| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Pejo

This event is unfortunately a skip for me. I'm not rushing SIN and there's no welfare, so eh. Since launch, this is the first "new" event that I haven't done.

New servant silhouettes:
ff1j02m9np861.jpg

I'm always a fan of witch characters, so I'm excited to see who that is in the front.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
This event is unfortunately a skip for me. I'm not rushing SIN and there's no welfare, so eh. Since launch, this is the first "new" event that I haven't done.

New servant silhouettes:
ff1j02m9np861.jpg

I'm always a fan of witch characters, so I'm excited to see who that is in the front.

There is a grail this event, but you can always grab it next year. It seems kind of silly they locked this event behind the most recent Lost Belt.

Pejo

You know, after using her a little bit in farming parties, I really like Christmas Quetz. She's got a really strong neutral NP, and a great buster crit kit, pairs really well with Merlin. I'm surprised that I didn't see more hype for her considering this was the only chance to pick her up. She's most of the good things about Martha but also a decent round 1/2 waveclear. I know Merlin stock went down a bit when 2x Skadi came out, but I still like buster teams for the consistency of not depending on overkill (at least when event CEs aren't involved). She's easily made her way into my daily ember/door farm team.

There is a grail this event, but you can always grab it next year. It seems kind of silly they locked this event behind the most recent Lost Belt.
This event is one of those where you aren't quite sure what you're getting when it starts and then it just goes and captures your heart like Merry Christmas in the Underworld. The story of this event is actually very good, and it's a pretty chill event you don't need to rush through or farm endlessly.

Speaking of Merry Christmas in the Underworld, my GSSR was Eresh. I have literally nothing to complain about, this year was a great result.

They will keep locking events behind Lostbelts, this isn't something that's going away. I'm just saying.

Last edited:

Pejo

I've been using Brad a bit as I've been farming/completing SIN, and I have to say I'm disappointed that DW decided they wanted to stop Skadi looping starting with her. No matter what mystic code/CE's/setups I use, I can't get a 3 round loop from her without having to use 2x Skadi, Waver, and the plugsuit mystic code, which defeats the whole purpose of double Skadi. Sure would be nice if they'd buff her NP gain, or add NP gain to one of her skills for a future strengthening quest. I was hoping to use her in non-saber farming nodes but as it stands, there's no reason not to just stick with Dantes who works much better and easier.

Pejo

Skipping that event has been a nice little break for me. I'm about 2/3 through Sin now, mostly just been using natural AP on doors/QP farming when I can't take the time to read the story. I'm finally getting some skills leveled of my more often used servants and leveling up a bunch that were stuck in the 40-60 level range. I find my biggest supply constraint is always embers and pieces/statues. Maybe I should burn a whole week's worth of AP just farming the pieces/gem daily, which I almost never actually do. Looks like we don't have any major releases coming out until Valentine's, so this is as good a time as any to get caught up on stuff. I have like 11 chapters worth of free quests I haven't touched yet, hope we get a 1/2 AP run of those soon.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I managed to fully clear the event. Now to restock my ember stock that Summer BB and Ozy drained. I think I’m saving my quarts until summer now.

Pejo

I don't recognize the name, so I'm assuming ishe's famous in Japan. Seems to be a tengu. Glad they confirmed that Ushi (evil) will be playable though, I've loved the design since she was released as an enemy. I still wish regular Ushi would get some animation updates.

Leosocial

Neo Member
Gonna do the Prillya rerun since it has lots of mats I need in the shop. I burned through many, many mats after the last lotto. Also, of course, I need more of the new mats.

Pejo

Fucking A the new Prillya banner has me unsure how to feel. I did 3 10 rolls, only trying to get a single Miyu for collection sake. Ended up with a Xiang Yu, 2 Illyas (now NP3), and 2 Circe (now NP5) and another Kaleidoscope CE. So many gold caster cards and not a single fucking one the one that I wanted. I realize it's incredibly lucky but at the same time I was devastated each time the card flipped and it wasn't Miyu. Especially the two Circe.

Anyways, Ushi finally gets her animation/sprite updates and it looks great! I couldn't be more happy, and have finally decided to grail her to 90 despite having lots of good ST riders already.

*edit* - Added in the full animation update vid instead of just the NP one.

Her normal attacks are even badass, so happy she finally got an update. Skill strengthening too. It's Ushi's day.

Last edited:

Pejo

Man, it looks like Genshin killed this thread, lol.

Anyways, new event coming up with that Murasaki poet. Never heard of her until this game so I'll probably pass on this banner.

Pejo

Boudica sprite and animation update. Still same awful kit unfortunately though.

*Edit* - looks like she got a minor upgrade and now she has a targetable guts and HP increase. Also Caligula got animation updates and a buff. He's Jojo mixed with Akuma now. I like the animations a lot but I still hate his kit.

Last edited:

Pejo

Caren from Hollow Ataraxia is the next new servant. Giantess art is about to spike on pixiv about 200%.

Last edited:

Pejo

Got Bradamante up to NP5 and Enkidu up to NP2 but Murasaki only up to NP1...
Damn, that must be quite a few rolls you've done on these banners. Why are you going so hard for Murasaki? Eventual Castoria demon memes? I'd rather just try to get NP2 space Ishtar for that.

deanote666

Damn, that must be quite a few rolls you've done on these banners. Why are you going so hard for Murasaki? Eventual Castoria demon memes? I'd rather just try to get NP2 space Ishtar for that.
I want to at least NP2 any servant I might use if i can.

Only got 1 Brad and Enkidu on this banner though. ;) Brad was on her rate up. Enkidu was just trolling.

deanote666

Managed to get Protea without doing too much damage...

Managed to NP2 Protea without doing too much more damage...

Then the following 10 pull had 2 Melts in it (in a row in the 10 pull) so that makes up for the 1150 or so SQ it took to NP1 her the first CCC run...

Pejo

Managed to get Protea without doing too much damage...

Managed to NP2 Protea without doing too much more damage...

Then the following 10 pull had 2 Melts in it (in a row in the 10 pull) so that makes up for the 1150 or so SQ it took to NP1 her the first CCC run...
I'm still not decided if I want Protea. Out of all the extra classes, why the hell do we get so many alter egos? They're probably the most useless extra class in general. I mean at least with the Sakura Five it makes sense, but I wish they'd at least do a different Extra that was effective against Knights and weak to Cavalry just to have the coverage. Like Okita Alter could have been Knight Ego or something.

Ah well. CCC was my favorite event in the game back when it was released, but so far I've skipped the rerun. I've been busy with Nioh 2 and some other games, and it's hard to motivate myself for reruns lately. Is there any new story for this run? I wonder if we'll eventually get Kazuradrop and Violet.

Pejo

So it looks like the next banner I want to roll on is Kama, probably in a few weeks from now. Looks like I have to finally beat SIN if I want to actually play the event though. No welfare servant again, wonder why they got so cheap during this time frame in JP.

Anybody know when the new bronze servants are added? I think it's sometime in the next few months but I couldn't find any info on it.

Zambatoh

So it looks like the next banner I want to roll on is Kama, probably in a few weeks from now. Looks like I have to finally beat SIN if I want to actually play the event though. No welfare servant again, wonder why they got so cheap during this time frame in JP.

Anybody know when the new bronze servants are added? I think it's sometime in the next few months but I couldn't find any info on it.
What do you mean again? We've never gotten welfares from New Year's and Valentine's events. And for many newer players coming into the game, the two Christmas welfares and the CCC welfare are 3 back-to-back servants that need to be leveled up.

As for the new bronze servants, my understanding is that they will arrive during the next anniversary update.

Pejo

So, kinda big news. Apparently this is official art of the Arcade-only servants in Mobile. No announcements yet, but this just showed up.

axolkg79f5m61.png

The sad thing is that Suzuka and Helena are Christmas servants, so we won't see those on Global for at least almost 3 years if they come out in Christmas 2021.

deanote666

No reason to have arcade only. No reason to not give people a reason to give them money.

On another note, Got Li on the banner last night. Back to having every servant in FGO again.

Pejo

Livestream tomorrow, suspiciously followed by a maintenance....

Wonder if they're planning on releasing something, like, say, Tokugawa (and Kama).
Emoji Think GIF

This is one of the banners I've been saving for this year, so I'm hoping to get NP2 Kama without too much damage.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I haven’t gotten anything good in a long time. This game is so goofy sometimes...

First 10 tickets.... Tomamo and Achilles (both new)
Next 10 tickets.... Parvatti (NP4)
First 10 roll.... Arjuna (new)
Second 10 roll.... Kama (goal)

Now I need embers for leveling four SSRs.

Last edited:

Pejo

I haven’t gotten anything good in a long time. This game is so goofy sometimes...

First 10 tickets.... Tomamo and Achilles (both new)
Next 10 tickets.... Parvatti (NP4)
First 10 roll.... Arjuna (new)
Second 10 roll.... Kama (goal)

Now I need embers for leveling four SSRs.
Damn, that's quite a streak.

I got Kama in my first 10 roll. Took 6 more to get NP2 though. Also got a few Parvati (all just rare prisms at this point since she was already NP5), a Beowulf (rare prism), Banana (rare prism), and a Qin Liangyu. I had never looked up her kit, what an absolutely useless RNG servant she is. It's hard to believe that somebody designed that kit with a straight face, and she hasn't even gotten a strengthening or anything.

Shouta

I got lucky and got Galatea from a multipull with free SQ. I was looking for a Berserker servant I got put some energy behind and she's perfect.

Pejo

Also, looks like JP is getting 12 costumes for free(?) through the course of the current event. Here are the first two:

8n8jtu8b4qp61.png

z8lafq8b4qp61.png

Zambatoh

They spell Helena's name is Erena? I figured they'd use the "He" syllable.
But then again pronouncing Hey-rey-na probably sounds odd to them.

Last edited:

Pejo

JP is getting some new servant strengthening quests currently. So far Vlad (Berserker) is getting a damage up and arts down on his NP, and Rama is getting a Buster resist down and a buff on his NP. Nothing too exciting yet, but I'm happy Vlad finally got something.

Last edited:

Pejo

Full list of strengthening update:

• Vlad (Berserker)
  • Rama
  • Kojiro
  • Quetz (Rider)
  • Yan Qing
  • Moriarty
  • Artoria Alter (Lancer)
Not a bad list this time. I actually use Quetz, Moriarty and Artoria. Now to wait 2+ years.....

2 more costumes revealed:
96jZcOI.jpg

TDsLAcn.jpg

Pejo

I guess I'm the only one still playing this game, but just in case anyone is interested, the last two strengthenings were Helena (caster) and Jeanne (ruler).

Additionally, new client update in JP has some new stuff, like changing battle music with costumes and a new permanent costume shop I guess.

Top Bottom