• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT2| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Pejo

Sitting on 24 grails myself. Bumped some 5* to 92-96. Bumped some 4* to 85-90.

Don't have enough embers to fully level all the new servants from the last few banners, lol.
Ember farming stages to deanote666 deanote666
Always Sunny Wildcard GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Zambatoh

I got 2 Ruler Bunnies and a bunch of CEs. But no Okita or Lambda.
I'm currently 2 quartz shy of another 10 roll and I still have my login bonus coming. So I should still be able to roll 2 more times.

Pejo

Well it was ugly for a while, but then I got this.

tdav5fC.jpg

Now just to wait 2 years until Vitch makes her loopable...

*edit*

Just used my special ascension on her. Man what a nice feature. I wish we got one of them every 6 months or something.

Last edited:

deanote666

I managed to get Okita NP3, Bunny ruler NP2, Lamda NP0.

It was pretty ugly there for awhile as well. 210 SQ without a single rate up servant. Got 5* Vlad to NP5 though.

Pejo

I managed to get Okita NP3, Bunny ruler NP2, Lamda NP0.

It was pretty ugly there for awhile as well. 210 SQ without a single rate up servant. Got 5* Vlad to NP5 though.
Yea I really got hit hard with off-banners this time. Got 2 Nezha, a Circe, Achilles, and a Liz. That lancer triple spook felt pretty bad.

Shouta

It's JP anniversary right now and thanks to all of the SQ they gave out, I managed to pick up a Koyanskaya of Light from it. Since I got a bit lucky, I bought some SQ and did a summon on the special Anniversary/New Year's banners and got myself a Caster Artoria as well like I wanted.

NP for everyone!

Last edited:

Zambatoh

I just rolled Lambda with some excess Quartz. Finally!
I've managed to come away from this event with Carmila, Melt and the Ruler Bunny.
I can save my login bonus for a later banner.

Last edited:

Pejo

I just rolled Lambda with some excess Quartz. Finally!
I've managed to come away from this event with Carmila, Melt and the Ruler Bunny.
I can save my login bonus for a later banner.
Space Ishtar should be the next big one, if you plan on getting serious with Artoria looping when it comes around.

Pejo

I don't know why, but out of everything in this summer event, the god damn Mephistopheles jumping gag fucking made me lose it, twice. The sound effect was just perfect. It was like a Mario jump but gimped somehow.

This is one of the few games that actually can elicit a real laugh from me, from time to time.

I am glad I bothered to clear everything including the shop this time. I was really low on QP, and now I'm doing pretty good again, well, until I start maxing out a few more servant skills. Finally got a nice collection of pieces/monuments too. This was a great event all around. Probably a top 5 for me.

Pejo

Hype building in JP. Any thoughts from you guys on who the new summer servants will be?

My guesses:
  • Anastasia - 4*
  • Parvati - 5*
  • Vritra - 4*
  • Dinosaur girl (Koyo I think is her name) - 4*
  • Boudica - 4*
  • Sei - 5*
I'd really like it if some of the older servants got some alts though. Drake is on the pre-release campaign which means she likely got shafted again. I'd like to see her, Nightengale, Anastasia, Medea, Boudica, etc get something decent. I like all of those characters but their standard versions aren't great.

deanote666

Hard to say on new servants. I don't keep up with JP so I don't know if there's been any hints dropped in events.

Glad I can skip the Battle for New York 2021 banner. Got Gil to NP5 during last year's Battle for New York. Did 1 10 pull for event CE and managed to get 1 of each.

Pejo

First round revealed. I got 1 out of 3 right.

x0qlly09l9m71.png

0igf6371m9m71.png

ye37rsvnl9m71.png

*edit*

Anastasia's final ascension art is great.

e2rd54frw9m71.png

*edit*

Looks like Sei, Caenis, and I think Jack?.... are the last 3, based on the trailer. So I was 2 for 6 on my guesses.

Last edited:

Pejo

Man I've been farming this gilfest since it launched and I STILL don't have a 5th copy of the CE. It's kinda a shit card, but I usually like to get the event CEs maxed out regardless. Wish they'd stop doing the random drop for the 5th copy stuff and just make it part of the event rewards.

deanote666

I've only gotten 3 drops. MLB'd it anyway since I'm using the 3 turn Dante/dual Skadi setup for the first time. Going for more runs vs efficiency.

Saw someone tweet a screenshot of them with 4-5 MLB ticket CE over a week ago...

I really slacked this time around. Today was the only serious farming day I did for it. Used about 15 gold apples. Didn't touch any of the challenge quests. Sad to see the tickets go but too much hassle.

Last edited:

Pejo

Wow, CN version of the game is getting censored to high hell right now. I don't know how they're going to do LB3 at all. Here are the new servant names:

• Jing Ke - Assassin 042
  • Lu Bu - Berserker 049
  • Wu Zetian (Nightless City Shadow) - Assassin 170
  • Nezha - Lancer 193
  • Xiang Yu - Berserker 226
  • Qin Liangyu - Lancer 228
  • Qin Shi Huang - Ruler 229
  • Yu Meiren - Assassin 230
  • Red Hare - Rider 231
  • Sima Yi - Rider 241
  • Yang Guifei - Foreigner 275
  • Summer Yu Meiren - Lancer 288

Also, several of the females are getting their art removed and replaced with the generic class art. Like the gold assassin card is the same front and back for Wu Zetian.

Crazy.

Pejo

I think China is a year ahead of us content wise. They already did LB3
I feel like this is going to mostly kill the game over there anyways, but at least the longtime players got to see the story I guess. I have a feeling that this is a "hold on to your butts" moment for CN gachas.

deanote666

Censorship is creeping in everywhere...

Managed to get to 71 boxes total with almost 55 boxes worth of points stored up out of the 71. Now begins the claiming...

Got 6 CE drops total. Most were on the last day.

Last edited:

Pejo

Censorship is creeping in everywhere...

Managed to get to 71 boxes total with almost 55 boxes worth of points stored up out of the 71. Now begins the claiming...

Got 6 CE drops total. Most were on the last day.
I grinded down to the last minute, never got the 5th CE drop. Luckily it's a shitty one anyways, but it still bothers me a bit. I got up to box 38. It's a shame there's not a "repeat" or "auto" function for grinding in this game. I don't mind the story/event quests, but any kind of serious grinding is just too much work in FGO.

This event is also the first time I saw the mailbox icon bulge up when it's nearly full. I got a little chuckle out of that.

Pejo

Estimated banners and months for 2022. Dunno why they jumped the gun early, but still worth a look. Click to embiggen.

sntul658syt71.png

For me, it's a pretty casual year for new servants. Out of a quick scan I only want to pick up Sei, Caenis, the dino-gal (super excited for her), Castoria, and of course the summer servants. This is actually a great summer coming up, I really like Kiara and Bryn. I guess next December has a few I want too, but it's mostly a dead year for pulling.

deanote666

I somehow managed to save 180 SQ and 22 tickets.

I started pulling as soon as maintenance ended at 4am local time.

Got space Ishtar NP3, Jane NP2, 4 rare prisms with my saved SQ/tickets. Didn't get my first 3* CE till my 6th 11 pull. Didn't get a single 5* CE until my 9th 11 pull. Only did 9 11 pulls.

Last edited:

Pejo

Meh, pretty disappointing pulls for me this time. I started out with 30~ tickets and 350~ish saved Quartz, bought a pack and ended up using almost all of it to get NP2 Ishtar and NP2 Jane. Got a bunch of CEs though, 5* event ones especially. I have 40 left, not sure if I want to just piss it away at a chance of NP3 or start saving again. I read that NP2 is all you really need for double Castoria looping, which was what I cared about, never hurts to have some extra oomph though.

Pejo

Did the ol' fish Friend Point gacha for a silver servant, and sure as hell it worked and I got NP3 Ishtar off of the pull from my remainder quartz. I'm done for now, NP3 is good enough. Normally I wouldn't have even tried for that, but she's about as future proof as you can get for looping farmers, so it was worth it. Now as long as Castoria and eventually Vitch grace me, future events should be easy peasey to farm.

Pejo

Fuck. I ended up having a lot of shit come up in life the past 5 days, wasn't able to finish the event and get the costumes. I was really close, but farming Altrium for the bounties was what stalled and eventually killed my chances. I thought Hijikata was the last one and then I could fight Ishtar boss afterwards, but turned out that there was another that I needed 400 Altrium for, with only 10 mins to go. I hit like 380~ Altrium farming the highest node when the clock struck 12. Feels real bad. Ah well, it gets a rerun at least. Even worse, I had to skip like 50% of the story since I didn't realize today was the last day until about noon today. I was really enjoying reading it up until that point.

Pejo

We got fullscreen, NA brethren! Also early animation updates for Arash and Bedivere.

The game looks so much better fullscreen. Sucks that the NP animations all bring the stupid blue bars back.

deanote666

We got fullscreen, NA brethren! Also early animation updates for Arash and Bedivere.

The game looks so much better fullscreen. Sucks that the NP animations all bring the stupid blue bars back.
I sent in a support email about FGO being off center on my new phone not too long ago. Black bar covering the camera in the screen so the game was pushed to the side, black bar part of screen shots.

Support said they couldn't duplicate the problem.

Next update had full screen, removed the black bar for parts that don't have full screen.

Guess they really knew it was a problem and fixed it.

Newer NP animations are full screen though. Hopefully story will be full screen at some point.

deanote666

Just finished Lost Belt 4 and the free quests today just to see the notice that free quests would have been half AP starting tonight...

Pejo

Just finished Lost Belt 4 and the free quests today just to see the notice that free quests would have been half AP starting tonight...
Heh, I'm still on LB3. I got some work to do. It's tough because I like to do singularities in one shot, and I rarely have the amount of hours to devote to it. Maybe I should just focus on a few hours a night until I get caught up.

deanote666

Heh, I'm still on LB3. I got some work to do. It's tough because I like to do singularities in one shot, and I rarely have the amount of hours to devote to it. Maybe I should just focus on a few hours a night until I get caught up.
You have 20 days to beat LB4 to get them 10 SQ. :messenger_winking:

Top Bottom