• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite Final Fantasy IX Locations

Which are your favorite locations in FFIX?

• Alexandria

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Black Mage Village

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • North Gate + South Gate + Summit Station

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Evil Forest

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Ice Cavern

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Treno

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Burmecia

• Gizamaluke's Grotto

• Cleyra

• Lindblum

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Fossil Roo + Gargan Roo

• Mount Gulug

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Conde Petie

• Bran Bal

• Ipsen's Castle

• Memoria

• Esto Gaza

• Daguerreo

• Village of Dali + Observatory Mountain Sari

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Qu's Marsh

• Mognet Central

• Iifa Tree

• Pandemonium

• Chocobo's [Forest/Lagoon/Air Garden/Paradise]

• Oeilvert

• Total voters

Cutty Flam

Banned
The poll allows for members to choose a total of 5 locations out of the 25 options available

It's going to take some thought before deciding, but I know for a fact I'm picking Alexandria, Treno, North Gate + South Gate + Summit Station

I figured that this thread could be a decent place to focus in a little bit more on some of the areas in the game since there are so many great places to travel to in FFIX

Edit: I accidentally botched the poll, there is no Madain Sari option :messenger_pensive:

Last edited:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Kaachan Kaachan you better not join this thread! :mad:

Cutty Flam

Banned
Cutty Flam Cutty Flam If you check the animated intro you will see Lindblum spelled wrong on the world map.
That's Alley Way Jack's fault. I voted for Lindblum but I kinda wanted to give its vote towards Daguerreo instead because it's such an excellent concept. A library located on a mountain with a water system inside. But Lindblum is too good. Especially since Baku and the Tantalus Theater Troupe stay there. Not to mention my favorite store, Pepe's Milk Shop

Von Hugh

Playing the game 20 years ago on a big CRT TV, Evil Forest, and particularly this view with the tent has been embedded in my mind when I think about Final Fantasy 9:

FFIX-00134-Evil-Forest-Tent.png

It is certainly not the prettiest view in FF9, but apparently there's something about the haunted locations in FF games that leave a mark. Same goes for Final Fantasy 6's Phantom Train and ghost town Zozo even though they are not the favorite places to visit in game.

K2D

Banned
Great poll, having difficulty choosing! Definetly like the smaller, sleepy, everyday locations like Dali and border gates.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
I have so many good memories on this game's locations that it is super hard for me to pick only 5. I ended up choosing mostly towns. They're so great to explore in this game, and are tied to great and memorable story events.

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
When first stepping into Dali, who could have possibly anticipated so much happening in such a comfy, little village? That was the perfect place for the plot to open up further and it was done so brilliantly

mortal

Gold Member
Damn, I'm struggling to decide right now haha. The musical themes for each location are also a factor for me.

FFIX is so underrated.

Last edited:
Top Bottom