• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite game collections?

Hey GAF, a thought just came to me regarding games. I was exposed to certain game collections that went on to shape my gaming tastes so it got me to wonder...what are some of your favorite game collections? For me, some of them include Sonic and Knuckles collection, Megaman X collection, Sonic Mega collection, and Sonic Gems collection.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
R46c114043126a5527868fed47ac28ea8

Paltheos

If we're talking about them as they're packaged - that is, not just the set of games themselves but what the developer added to them? - then probably the classic Mega Man collection. I was a big fan of all the remixed tracks you could play in all of the stages. Almost all of them are really great.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
The Zelda collection that will be announced in a month and a half. The dark souls collection that will be announced in 2022.

Actually that Zelda collection on the game cube was pretty awesome at the time.
ZSqKoLz.jpg

Naked Lunch

Halo MCC (took awhile, years, but this is the gold standard of collections)
Mario All Stars (Snes - not that trash 3D collection)
Metal Slug Anthology (All Slugs in one place is a helluva thing - used to fetch $300+ per cart)
Psikyo Shooting Collection (I havent played this, but im going solely on the games featured. Not sure if Switch input lag is a concern here)

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Metal Slug Anthology (All Slugs in one place is a helluva thing - used to fetch $300+ per cart)

I would suggest getting the anthology to own it and then emulating them anyway, the input lag is so intense on those versions, I have the PC disc version and its alright but I downloaded the PS4 version onto my PS5 the other day and it was realllly bad like a massive delay. Its fine if you have nothing else but I think its a noticeable level of lag even for people who don't know input lag is.

Quasicat

Looking forward to the Mass Effect collection, but something that hasn’t been said yet is the Sly Cooper Collection. It’s one of the few games that keeps my PS3 hooked up and in my standard rotation.
sly cooper kiss GIF

Top Bottom