• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite Recent Gaming Pickups

I'm feeling like the delays of COVID have somewhat passed. Not entirely, but we're getting there. It's a really great time to play video games.

I'm curious though, what are your favorite recent gaming pickups? By that, I mean what have you picked up lately that really hits your "G-Spot"?

My wife and I recently moved across country and her Retroid Pocket 2+ (Link) screen got broken inside a bag. She got a replacement screen (Link) and the tools (Link) which were for the 3 model but worked anyway. She replaced the screen and it is working great. I loved that the company provided a parts section where you can purchase what's needed to repair the console yourself.

Two weeks ago I purchased a modded indigo GameCube with Swiss and SD card reader. When I bought it I began ripping my collection. I never liked playing GameCube games on the Wii for some reason, it just didn't click and my GameCube was passed on to family (fuckhead nephew).

I also got a Retro Fighters BladeGC (Link) and I love it. I wasn't about to sit on the floor in my living room with a wired GameCube controller. I watched a few YouTube videos where people talked some shit about it, but after using a first-party GameCube controller and switching, it's good. I really wanted a Wavebird to use original hardware but didn't want to spend the money. Plus, I thought the layout of the BladeGC would be interesting, and I really enjoy it.

Other than that, the RE4 remake is incredible. I understand the argument about ambiance but the gameplay captured the same joy I felt with the first, which I had forgotten after many playthroughs and probably since 2005. When the tide turns, the tide motherfucking turns. That's some chef's kiss shit Capcom pulled off.

I also got Calisto Protocol on that Target BOGO half price deal. Paid $20 for it. I'm alright with the price but still disappointed. I honestly expected more, coming from Glen Schofield.

Playing the Dead Space remake right now, really enjoying it.

I also paid full price for Wanted: Dead on PS5 and do not regret it at all. What a legitimate video game ass video game. I miss those.

TLDR: I hope this thread will turn people on to cool shit they might not have been aware of that brings them joy.

We all share the same hobby but are wildly different in preference and taste. I want to celebrate that.

You like retro shit? New games? Big box PC releases? Mousepads from 1996? Marvel VS Capcom rugs? The Mister? Want to post some pictures and talk about your favorite gaming thing?

Also, it doesn’t have to be a purchase. New romhack, DOOM wad, tits in Skyrim?

What say you? What are you into right now? What have you picked up recently that you've fallen in love with?

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
I’ve never bought a grip for a handheld, got a Skull & Co neogrip for the Switch OLED recently. Absolute game changer. Hands used to cramp up after 30 mins of Splatoon. Now it feels like the comfiest controller I’ve ever held (trigger grips). I should have listened to the hype sooner because in the 2 months I’ve owned it I’ve barely even turned my PS5 on. The Oled has just become that comfy to use. I didn’t buy one before because I’m a stubborn cunt I suppose. So yeah, anyone on the fence, best £15 or so I’ve ever spent.

I agree with you about WD! Loved!

Wanted: Dead, Evil West, Gungrave Gore, Valkyrie Elysium and Sonic Frontiers made me very happy!

They should release a demo for those games for people don't do wrong judgments...

We need more games like this!

Reactions: stn
Top Bottom