• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite Robotnik theme?

Hey GAF, from Sonic games, what is your favorite Robotnik theme? Recently I've gotten to appreciate Robotnik's theme in Sonic 1 in particular since imo it's the most sinister of the classic trilogy. You're running in Green Hill Zone to be suddenly trapped in Robotnik's iconic double platformed arena and then his theme interrupts the peaceful Green Hills music...such an epic first encounter with the mad scientist!

So what say you, GAF? From Sonic games, what is your favorite Robotnik theme?

His modern theme from 06, Unleashed, Colors and Generations.
It's just so menacing, and it's such a shame they didn't use it in Forces.

Toots

Gold Member
the one that goes
"Tin Ta ta tin ta ta tin tatatin tin ta tin" x2
and then
"ta ta tin tin tin ta tintin tintin ta tin
ta ta tin tin tin ta tintin tatin"

instant classic

(i think its in Sonic 2)

STARSBarry

Gold Member

Remix of the final boss for sonic 3, exclusive to the 3DS release of Sonic Generations.

Intresting fact if you plugged Sonic & Knuckles into Sonic 3 it would skip the Big Arms boss fight of the original Sonic 3, you only ever get this boss playing Sonic 3 stock which considering hes the only boss in the franchise who I know can "desuper" Sonic is pretty lame

s3arm.gif

original version for anyone interested to compare.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Hmmm Sonic 3 last boss.
Sonic Mania

Sonic music is some of the best in video games.
People might argue about Mario and Sonic gameplay but the music factor easily goes to Sonic

cireza

Sonic music is some of the best in video games.
This. Overall, SEGA have always been largely ahead of everyone in terms of music. Starting from the SEGA-CD, then Saturn, Dreamcast etc... They always put a lot of effort in the sound design of their games.

Other companies eventually came to put the same investments afterwards.

Last edited:

MixedHerbs

Neo Member

This is the one. Miss growing up in good old 90's europe, when MTV would pump this as you had just managed to lay your eager hands on the brand new Sonic 3.

(Sorry for the post gravedigging. Been lurking forever, but saw this as a good opportunity to step out of the shadows)

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.

This is the one. Miss growing up in good old 90's europe, when MTV would pump this as you had just managed to lay your eager hands on the brand new Sonic 3.

(Sorry for the post gravedigging. Been lurking forever, but saw this as a good opportunity to step out of the shadows)

UNCE-UNCE-UNCE.png

Top Bottom