• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite things about games you don't like

Hey GAF, what are your favorite things about games that aren't favorites of yours? I'll list some about Resident Evil 5 which is a game that I don't consider a favorite of mine:

-Expanding on certain features of RE4. The melee system, more hit zones to shoot enemies at to trigger more melee attacks at. In RE4 I love how you can find the shotgun on the wall...RE5 doubles down on this idea by having most of the arsenal findable in the stages through exploration. It also expands upon the medallion system by having them in most of the stages as well I believe.
-The results screen music essentially being that game's safe haven music
-Co op
-My favorite DLC for a game ever, Lost in Nighmares which I love more than the base game, was amazing to experience in co op and is I believe the only DLC I cared to beat. The fixed camera easter egg elevates this to GOAT status DLC
-Mercenaries

What say you, GAF? What do you like about games you don't like?

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I typically don't dislike any games I play, because if I get the impression prerelease that it's not gonna be my jam, I usually don't bother trying it out, and sure, I miss things I'd probably love this way, but whatever.

Out of the game's that I've enjoyed less, uh

I thought the (relatively speaking) sprawling map of Code Veronica and the length of it's campaign was awesome

I enjoyed how unashamedly Dirge of Cerberus just completely ripped off of Metal Gear Solid FOXHOUND unit. Sniper Wolf is Rosso. Vulcan Raven is Azul. Psycho Mantis is Nero. Liquid Snake is Weiss. I guess Decoy Octopus is Shelke, because you don't really deal with either in antagonistic terms?

Top Bottom