• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite vampire games?

teezzy

Banned
I love vampires.

Please list games with vampires. Even the obvious classics. I want a vampire game mega thread.

Thank you. 🧛‍♂️

I'll start with an obvious favorite of mine:

Buffy_the_Vampire_Slayer_Coverart.png

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Legitimately surprised by the opening game. I thought this was going to be about one game and one game only.

Also did they really get the cast to voice themselves in BUFFY?

teezzy

Banned
Legitimately surprised by the opening game. I thought this was going to be about one game and one game only.

Also did they really get the cast to voice themselves in BUFFY?

Lol, I'm a fan

But no, they got everyone except for Sarah Michelle Gellar. Which surprisingly isn't the biggest loss since Giselle Loren does an outstanding job at sounding nearly identical to Buffy does on the show

Giselle_Loren.jpg

She was actually also cast as Buffy in the animated series which never ended up taking off

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
RE Village.

Growing up in a strict Mormon household anything with vampires was not allowed.

Because of this I'm a 40 year old virgin.

Mr Hyde

Castlevania, Vampyr and Blood Omen Legacy of Kain are really good. Not usually into vampires and such but sometimes they do struck gold. Vampyr especially was a little bit of a hidden gem. Didn't expect it to be so good. The story, the characters and the writing is top notch. Unfortunately, there is some dull combat that drags it down a bit.

Blood Omen is one of my favorite games on the PSX. Would love a re-release of it on modern systems, preferably a real remaster that fixes some of the annoying issues, such as the load times between areas. Huge immersion breaker and the biggest flaw of the game. Everything else though is excellent, especially the writing which was very high quality for its time. I'd say it still is. Never cared for the sequels though.

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
Castlevania, Vampyr and Blood Omen Legacy of Kain are really good. Not usually into vampires and such but sometimes they do struck gold. Vampyr especially was a little bit of a hidden gem. Didn't expect it to be so good. The story, the characters and the writing is top notch. Unfortunately, there is some dull combat that drags it down a bit.

Blood Omen is one of my favorite games on the PSX. Would love a re-release of it on modern systems, preferably a real remaster that fixes some of the annoying issues, such as the load times between areas. Huge immersion breaker and the biggest flaw of the game. Everything else though is excellent, especially the writing which was very high quality for its time. I'd say it still is. Never cared for the sequels though.

The PSX version of Blood Omen legit has loading times for the pause menu to manage your crap - it's horrendous

If you're looking for a playable PC version - PM me - I know a guy who knows a guy. Works like a champ

Does this have to do with that new Arkane Studios game getting revealed at E3

No, what are you talking about? Please educate my ignorant vampire loving ass

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

The PSX version of Blood Omen legit has loading times for the pause menu to manage your crap - it's horrendous

If you're looking for a playable PC version - PM me - I know a guy who knows a guy. Works like a champ

Yeah, it's a shit show with the load times. I still have mad love for the game though. I'm a console peasant at heart so no PC for me, but if I get one I'll take you up on the offer.

teezzy

Banned
Ummm... more Buffy games...

Buffy_the_Vampire_Slayer_GBC.jpg

220px-Buffy_the_Vampire_Slayer_-_Wrath_of_the_Darkhul_King_-_cover_art.jpg

Wrath of the Darkhul King on GBA is especially legit

and the multiplatform sequel to the Xbox exclusive Buffy game, BtVS: Chaos Bleeds

631.jpg

and then there was the PAL exclusive DS game I imported once like a loon and it was just soooo bad man

Buffy_the_Vampire_Slayer_-_Sacrifice.jpg

Dracula on SNES was a thing - maybe bronk bronk is willing to vouch for it :messenger_grinning_sweat:

MV5BMmZkZGY1YmUtYmNiNy00ZTQ3LTgxOTYtMzRiZjE0NWU5Yzk4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTI4ODc2NDY@._V1_.jpg

Last edited:

junguler

Banned
i would love a rpg game about vampires, werewolves and witches/warlocks, pretty much my favorite trio in the spook genre. we are blessed with many movies and tv shows about these but not so much on games lately.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
The demo had the vampires way too powerful.
That's true too. The concept of being a normal dude having to use stealth ops against really powerful creatures is a cool one though. They had something there.

stranno

Not a great game, but I almost enjoyed it back in the day.

Does anyone remember the name of an horror-comedy game where the main characters were trapped in a film or documentary? I think it started in a cemetery with the camera team, something like that. Not sure if it was a vampire game, but probably. It kinda looked like Shadowman (but with much better graphics).

Last edited:

bronk

Banned
j9yGo4v.jpg

Metro 3d made one of my favorite Dreamcast games Armada. After seeing they made this I bought it because of that alone. Its a diablo clone and I remember liking it even though it got ripped in reviews. I think I remember there is no ending or something.

bronk

Banned
Ummm... more Buffy games...

Buffy_the_Vampire_Slayer_GBC.jpg

220px-Buffy_the_Vampire_Slayer_-_Wrath_of_the_Darkhul_King_-_cover_art.jpg

Wrath of the Darkhul King on GBA is especially legit

and the multiplatform sequel to the Xbox exclusive Buffy game, BtVS: Chaos Bleeds

631.jpg

and then there was the PAL exclusive DS game I imported once like a loon and it was just soooo bad man

Buffy_the_Vampire_Slayer_-_Sacrifice.jpg

Dracula on SNES was a thing - maybe bronk bronk is willing to vouch for it :messenger_grinning_sweat:

MV5BMmZkZGY1YmUtYmNiNy00ZTQ3LTgxOTYtMzRiZjE0NWU5Yzk4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTI4ODc2NDY@._V1_.jpg
That game is just ok. Sort of bad but I still played it.
Speaking of Snes Vampire games. Nosferatu is fuckin legit and honestly I find it scary. Great ost, great game.
M4CedNT.jpg

bronk

Banned
bronk bronk

peep this one, sorta reminds me of Heavenly Guardian

Also 3D Dot Game Heroes you could play that shizz as a vampire lol

3d5.jpg

Thats funny! I have vampire crystals and was playing it like last month. That didn't even pop into my head. Its on ps4. I grabbed it for a couple bucks and it's really fun, I like it alot.

Top Bottom