• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February 2021 NPD: Nintendo Switch sales was the highest for any hardware platform in a February month since the Nintendo Wii in Feburary 2009

496.gif

Woopah

From all the scalpers?

They sell at a substantially lesser rate than at retail

Keep crying
The scalpers will sell the console to users and then those users will do things like buy software and subscribe to PS Plus.

So yes scalpers add a delay to Sony getting the money, but in the end they are still going to make back what they lost on the hardware.

No idea why you think anything about this is something worth crying over.

Last edited:

Marvel14

Banned
Looked at the size of the 3 companies for the first time and it is very revealing:

Nintendo US$66 bn

Sony US$129bn

Microsoft US$1.78tn

If this doesnt explain why Nintendo is least able to afford to sell things at a loss, i dont know what does.

Velius

Banned
The scalpers will sell the console to users and then those users will do things like buy software and subscribe to PS Plus.

So yes scalpers add a delay to Sony getting the money, but in the end they are still going to make back what they lost on the hardware.

No idea why you think anything about this is something worth crying over.
I think in theory this works, but the issue is that right now, you can go anywhere, from Amazon to Ebay, and buy a scalped PS5/XBX. The supply is there. That means the scalped stock is not in serious demand which means game sales are not going to align with console sales

FStubbs

Do you wana know why Nintendo games always on top?

Because many xbox gamers always wait for games to hit gamepass

Playstation gamer are the same they wait until it join psplus game list

So no shit nintendo games always on top theyre, playing hardball here by not making subscription service but so far theyre winning
If this were true, you wouldn't have million sellers on PS and Xbox.

Woopah

I think in theory this works, but the issue is that right now, you can go anywhere, from Amazon to Ebay, and buy a scalped PS5/XBX. The supply is there. That means the scalped stock is not in serious demand which means game sales are not going to align with console sales
I just checked eBay and pretty much all the PS5s there were being sold for above the RRP. That means right now demand is higher than supply.

What it means is that supply is plentiful. You're being dishonest-- demand at $499.99 is higher than supply.
But you can buy a SCAPLED PS5 whenever you want. Sacalped consoles are not consoles with which games are played. How are you not understanding? Are you actually fucking retarded? Honest question since you clearly lack the most rudimentary financial deductive skills

These are a couple of thousands being sold by scalpers compared to millions already in consumer hands

Sony will be fine

Chill before you get banned

Last edited:

Velius

Banned
These are a couple of thousands being sold by scalpers compared to millions already in consumer hands

Sony will be fine

I'm touched by your genuine concern for my wellbeing, and not at all your fanboyism

EDIT: I know Sony will be fine

Last edited:

MrA

Banned

Sony will be fine

over 100k and approaching 200k have passed through scalpers on eBay alone in the US alone, If craigslist/ Facebook market place/amazon also add an unknown number more (Facebook and craigslist compared are about the size of eBay from what I've read and amazon is larger, but no guarantee sales are proportional, but if they are were looking at maybe 500k passed through scalpers), so something like 10 to 25% of ps5s pass-thru scalpers, they are definitely messing with the supply/demand
however that doesn't change that a scalped console does end up with an end-user, just an unnecessary middle man jacked up the price

yurinka

Sonce this idiot continues to post his fanboy narrative and not the proper info. Can the mods take action please? NPD is dollar amount, not sales. It's been that way for 15 years.
NPD: "PlayStation 5 is the fastest selling console in U.S. history in both unit and dollar sales (lifetime sales with five months on the market)."

Last edited:

Max_Po

Banned
Nintendo is fucking killing it with their supply. Switch is available at retail price EVERYWHERE....

I have no interest in Switch... haven't touched mine after BoTW ...

Top Bottom