• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February is Black History Month - Let's Talk About Some of Our Favorite Black Characters in Gaming

Sylens is amazing indeed, Bayek as well, and nearly most of the ones posted. But I'll go with Adam from SoR just for nostalgia sake.

streets-of-rage-1.jpg

I'll raise you the nameless Track & Field dude.

maxresdefault.jpg

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Don't remember any. I just remember characters not there colour. But obviously scrolling through this thread I can see they are black because its pointed out.

Tams

Gold Member
TF2's Demoman.

But this 'x history' month is a load of nonsense at best, some attempts at rewriting history incorrectly (or at the least emphasising events that really didn't matter much), and mainly people smelling their own farts.

ZehDon

56b5aef6d1770b4860cd015b69c706ee.jpg

The Lord of Deadside himself, Michael LeRoi. What I especially love about the character, at least in the video games, are the monologues when you encounter each new area of the game. Dripping with tone and depth, Michael's narration - voiced by the irreplaceable Redd Pepper - elevates the entire game with words alone.

SSfox

Raven is not only by far my favorite black guy in gaming, but also my favorite Ninja of all time as well

ptXF6aB.jpg

I hope to see him back in Tekken 8 with deeper pro hacker infiltrator personality, like for example Sombra and Jensen.

Others mentions; Leroy Smith who is also from Tekken, Zasalamel from Soul Calibur, Dudley specially I'm 3.3 and Balrog specially in SFV, Master Raven is nice as well (but not as Raven).

Also Sombra, didn't played much Overwatch cause this game was fun at start but quickly became meh, but that being put apart Sombra was one of a hella dope ass character. Her hack winpose is fucking legendary!!

Last edited:
this thread reminds me of that time before ff7r released and they were in the initial trailer phase leading up to release, and some clowns on “that other site” were bashing the game because Barrett sounded too black, whatever tf that means. 😂

Anyway, fully on topic, I like him…and another of my favorites is Roland from the Borderlands series.

RexAnglo

Banned
Sorry, for a moment I thought I'd stumbled into the rancid cesspit that is Reset-Era.

As for the question, I liked Clay from Mafia 3.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Regardless of how you feel about FF XIII, he's more than comic relief. A great character and the most relatable character in the cast. A single father with something to actually lose. A shame the trilogy done him dirty.

AcrzlhZ.png
Sahz was great because he seemed as over all that shit as the player was, while everyone else took their role super seriously

tommib

How can I tell that you're whiter than a snowman
Not really. Brownish. Father was from the Middle East. You can find a photo of me somewhere on the forum.

But nice try deflecting racist jokes that have now been deleted with some racism coming from yourself. Stay classy.

sn0man

TF2's Demoman.

But this 'x history' month is a load of nonsense at best, some attempts at rewriting history incorrectly (or at the least emphasising events that really didn't matter much), and mainly people smelling their own farts.
We gave them the smallest month. What more do you want

Dolomite

Regardless of how you feel about FF XIII, he's more than comic relief. A great character and the most relatable character in the cast. A single father with something to actually lose. A shame the trilogy done him dirty.

AcrzlhZ.png
The chocobo in the afro sold me. I still remember the first time seeing the trailer and be happy my dormate had a PS3

Denton

Lincoln from Mafia 3 is awesome.

Colt Vahn was great, eventhough I am not a fan of the game itself.

Lee Everett is a legend.

Top Bottom