• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Feels fucking awesome being a neutral gamer

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
American Horror Story Liar GIF

Lol. PC is where it's at imo. We get damn near everything.

KXVXII9X

It really does. I am very fortunate I get to play just about everything. I just have a gaming laptop and Switch, but I did have a PS4 before it sadly broke. I can be both highly critical and excited in almost the same moment of any company. I'm more loyal to the type of games I like.

Own a PS5 and Series X love my PS5 looking forward to Spiderman 2 and the next Astro Bot VR apart from Forza Horizon I'm disappointed in Xbox, hoping StarField is good honestly what has happened to Xbox I remember back in 2007 it was the brilliant not sure what value there is having both PS5 and Xbox after StarField not like Elder Scrolls 6 is coming soon what else is there that's decent.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I'd define it as someone who like videogames in general and doesn't give a fuck about companies, brands, CEOs, and so on.
yeah, but if you read my post, i ask why people who like video games in general are happy with the current state of the industry. whats fucking awesome about samey formulaic games?

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Being able to respect, cheer and appreciate great games irregardless of platform... Playing on different gaming boxes & seeing the good in all coexisting... Never hard-line simping for any corporation... A cut above the ridiculous mental gymnastics of fanboys surrounding recent acquisition/exclusivity deals... Not giving a fuck about console warring... Highly expectant for current/future hardware & software innovations across platforms... Being excited for the future of gaming in 2023 and beyond: Starfield, Redfall, SF6, RE4, ZeldaToTK, FFXVI, Spidey2, Hogwarts Legacy, Baldur's Gate, Forza Motorsport, Alan Wake II, SW:Jedi Survivor... and SO MUCH MORE??!!
mIke74F.gif

SO FUCKING AMPED!!! It's awesome being a gamer! Can't imagine secluding & limiting yourself from the good stuff cuz of fanboyism! We eating good my bros! All Hail Neutral Gaming!!!

Well said man.

Bill Murray Hug GIF

Own a PS5 and Series X love my PS5 looking forward to Spiderman 2 and the next Astro Bot VR apart from Forza Horizon I'm disappointed in Xbox, hoping StarField is good honestly what has happened to Xbox I remember back in 2007 it was the brilliant not sure what value there is having both PS5 and Xbox after StarField not like Elder Scrolls 6 is coming soon what else is there that's decent.
And seeing Returnal on PC I don't see any reason to have a PS5. I agree with your Starfield take as well. Whats the point of a Series X if Starfield is the only thing to look forward to, and it dosn't even have a release date.
This Generation sucks. It just sucks.

And seeing Returnal on PC I don't see any reason to have a PS5. I agree with your Starfield take as well. Whats the point of a Series X if Starfield is the only thing to look forward to, and it dosn't even have a release date.
This Generation sucks. It just sucks.
True compare this generation to the 7th all consoles had great exclusives back then, now look at it battlepass microtransaction filled crap

Alan Wake

Yeah, I've been console agnostic since the PS360 era when I just had to get a PS3 to play the Uncharted games and The Last of Us. Before that I did get a Gamecube to play RE4, but that was about it.

Today I spend most of my gaming time on Xbox (Game Pass) but I'm glad I have my PS5 and Switch for the exclusives on those platforms. Looking back at the old days as a Sega fanboy I kind of understand where today's fanboys are coming from but I can also see how limited they are and how much they're missing out on.

AmuroChan

yeah, but if you read my post, i ask why people who like video games in general are happy with the current state of the industry. whats fucking awesome about samey formulaic games?

Because some people just like formulaic games. It's that simple. That's why games like COD, FIFA, Madden, NBA, etc sell tens of millions copies every single year. The general population of gamers just want to play games that are comfortable to play. They're not looking for high art or reinvention of the genre. My mom has played nothing but Candy Crush the last 8 years. She still loves it, even though I have no idea why. Same with my son, who plays nothing but Fortnite. Either of them gives a rat's ass what the current state of the industry is. They just want to play what's fun to them.

MiguelItUp

Neutral is the absolute best path IMO. Everyone has their preferences, and there's nothing wrong with that. But the ones that have this almost blind loyalty to one or the other has always been interesting to me, lol.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I'd argue that you're only acknowledging games with a large budget, which ironically is going to result in mostly formulaic games. Lots of unusual stuff came out this year. But you can like what you like of course.

Roxkis_ii

yeah I'm giving this thread one more page before it turns into all about the superiority of one platform over another Playstation over all others.[s/]

Fixed that for you playa.
Now let's get the ball rolling in this thread.

J/k please don't ban me, I love it here. 😶‍🌫️

On topic though. It's nothing wrong with having a preference. You just shouldn't let that preference warp your REALITY.

II can't stop the strike thru.

LInes I see them everywhere

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Ah, someone hold me, I can't stop cringing.

Anyone who's not picked a side will get ripped apart by the people who do. A real man must live or die by the sword.

If this is your way of thinking then you're part of many of these neverending childish console war bullshit infested in many threads. I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Being able to respect, cheer and appreciate great games irregardless of platform... Playing on different gaming boxes & seeing the good in all coexisting... Never hard-line simping for any corporation... A cut above the ridiculous mental gymnastics of fanboys surrounding recent acquisition/exclusivity deals... Not giving a fuck about console warring... Highly expectant for current/future hardware & software innovations across platforms... Being excited for the future of gaming in 2023 and beyond: Starfield, Redfall, SF6, RE4, ZeldaToTK, FFXVI, Spidey2, Hogwarts Legacy, Baldur's Gate, Forza Motorsport, Alan Wake II, SW:Jedi Survivor... and SO MUCH MORE??!!
mIke74F.gif

SO FUCKING AMPED!!! It's awesome being a gamer! Can't imagine secluding & limiting yourself from the good stuff cuz of fanboyism! We eating good my bros! All Hail Neutral Gaming!!!
Congrats on spending a lot on video games, I guess ?

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I think people just like taking sides and arguing about shit. If it wasn’t gaming platforms it’d be something else. Go to any enthusiast-oriented forum and it’s the same thing.

Hell I bet there’s some dental care community out there where there has been some great Oral-B vs Sonicare battle raging for the last 2 decades.

oji-san

Banned
Me too, have both PS5 and XSX and if i liked any of Nintendo games i would just get a switch. Good having multi systems so you don't miss on anything you love.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I think people just like taking sides and arguing about shit. If it wasn’t gaming platforms it’d be something else. Go to any enthusiast-oriented forum and it’s the same thing.

Hell I bet there’s some dental care community out there where there has been some great Oral-B vs Sonicare battle raging for the last 2 decades.

Lol. Made a post about the same thing. Forum wars about Walmart and Costco for example. Lmao.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
But rofif rofif .. Therefore we have different consoles pc etc with any genre one can play. Did I miss something you said earlier?
nah I am just attacking for fun.
But tbh, I do think preferences are natural.
More power to the person who is fine with everything.
I like to have main system at the time and it's hard for me to split attention. So it's ps5 + pc with ps5 mostly being main recently

SSfox

I'm neutral too, it's just that one of the brand doesn't do anything worthy to gaming, that's it's impossible to me to give them any value or attention when it comes gaming.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Lol. Made a post about the same thing. Forum wars about Walmart and Costco for example. Lmao.
Lol yup, and I bet every once in a while there’s someone who’s like “ H-hey guys, I sometimes shop at Costco and other times I shop at Walmart, I feel sorry for all the man children that only shop at one or the other and miss out on all the great deals and retailer exclusives. Can’t we all just get along??”

Then everyone else is like “oh, oh yes, take my upvotes, you said that beautifully, I bet your post will finally end this childish bickering once and for all” [immediately gets back to flinging shit at the other side]

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
nah I am just attacking for fun.
But tbh, I do think preferences are natural.
More power to the person who is fine with everything.
I like to have main system at the time and it's hard for me to split attention. So it's ps5 + pc with ps5 mostly being main recently

Haha good to hear.

Like others i prefer a lot but most have to make concessions.

OP was positive. And now its AGAIN a shitshow. Such a pity.

Top Bottom