• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Feels fucking awesome being a neutral gamer

Being able to respect, cheer and appreciate great games irregardless of platform... Playing on different gaming boxes & seeing the good in all coexisting... Never hard-line simping for any corporation... A cut above the ridiculous mental gymnastics of fanboys surrounding recent acquisition/exclusivity deals... Not giving a fuck about console warring... Highly expectant for current/future hardware & software innovations across platforms... Being excited for the future of gaming in 2023 and beyond: Starfield, Redfall, SF6, RE4, ZeldaToTK, FFXVI, Spidey2, Hogwarts Legacy, Baldur's Gate, Forza Motorsport, Alan Wake II, SW:Jedi Survivor... and SO MUCH MORE??!!
mIke74F.gif

SO FUCKING AMPED!!! It's awesome being a gamer! Can't imagine secluding & limiting yourself from the good stuff cuz of fanboyism! We eating good my bros! All Hail Neutral Gaming!!!

Never understood console wars.
Poverty makes sense. If you can't get them all and you're bitter, that's at least rational - but still unfortunate to be hateful about it.

The rest is people that absorb marketing to the point that it fuses with their sense of self and mutates into raw tribalism. It's like a political party. Only there's never any elections, and you don't have to pick one. Quasi-religious. It gives their empty lives meaning.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Yeah not being poor or alienated with a console brand like if it was a soccer club or some weird religion/political party is actually quite cool.

It lets you enjoy all the games while also dabbin' on the fanboys.

Topher

Gold Member
Every gaming system brings something to the table and that is what is really great about this generation. I'm enjoying the unique games that come only on Switch, the value (MS Rewards!) and broad offering of Xbox and the stellar first party games of PlayStation. Of course, the sheer freedom of gaming on PC is unmatched. Great time to be a gamer rather than a <insert company name here> gamer.

Puscifer

Gold Member
I just go to whoever has games I want to play. People who take console wars seriously need to find a real hobby other than cheerleading for companies they aren't even on payroll for.

Bartski

Gold Member
Poverty makes sense. If you can't get them all and you're bitter, that's at least rational - but still unfortunate to be hateful about it.

The rest is people that absorb marketing to the point that it fuses with their sense of self and mutates into raw tribalism. It's like a political party. Only there's never any elections, and you don't have to pick one. Quasi-religious. It gives their empty lives meaning.
I'd love to see that poll. "Why do you remain faithful to one platform and fight for it on forums as a married 35+ year old?" Anonymous and "wife won't let me buy more" needs to be one of the answers.

I'm the rawest motherfucker you'll ever meet.

anthony2690

Banned
Honestly it's crazy when you look at all the crazy good games coming next year.

Breath of the wild 2, FF16, Starfield, Redfall, Diablo 4, Wild Hearts, RE4 the list just goes on and on and on.

Just so much to look forward to for everyone, very exciting times!

Just makes me wish, I had more time.

Last edited:

Jaybe

I’m on 3 of the 4 platforms and will get a PS5 eventually (having a digital library of PS4 games from last gen). I don’t get stressed about exclusivity and ultimately just want great games to play. Each platform has its unique position which is great. And each platform does have issues that need called out though, so you should not mistake that for warring. Problem is when calling one out for bad behaviour, often the rebuttals is ‘but the other is also doing bad behaviour too’. Yes, they are both at fault. Anyway, hope 2023 indeed delivers the games.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
That’s how I feel on PC. One platform where everyone’s a third party. Bring it all on.

Only one console seems to have its share of insecure fanboys. Everyone else is cool.

Mr Hyde

I have a preference for Playstation and Nintendo but I play games from all console manufacturers. Why wouldn't I? I look forward to Starfield as much as Tears of the Kingdom or any PS first party. The reason I'm not particularly invested in Xbox is because I'm not too hot on some of their core franchises such as Halo, Gears of War and Forza plus I feel it's redundant having two consoles mostly doing the same stuff. But still, they've produced some of my favorite games this gen such as Ori 1 & 2 and Psychonauts 2.

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
Never understood console wars.
Oh. Console warz represented by fanboyz/trollz is like the White Blood Cells or antibiotics.

They attack the "intruder, enemy" trying to protect their "ecosystem" without knowing they give such enemy the opportunity to become better and stronger.

In other words:
Console warz (while toxic, annoying, dumb) is a byproduct of a healthy industry.

TrebleShot

I don't care, no one does in the real world. I've never met a single soul in real life that cares about such things.
Just get what you want on the platform you want and enjoy.

Top Bottom