• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fewer Than Four Percent Of FIFA 22 Players Have Played A Women's Match

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
Fewer-Than-Four-Percent-Of-Players-Have-Played-A-Womens-Match-In-FIFA-22-2.jpg

TheGamer measured this by tracking the Passion achievement across Xbox, PlayStation, and Steam. To unlock the achievement, you must “play a women’s International football match,” which very few players have done. 3.3 percent of players have unlocked the achievement on Xbox, 4.2 percent have on PlayStation according to PSNProfiles, and 3.9 percent on Steam. That averages out to 3.8 percent of players who have played at least one women’s International football match on FIFA 22. We have not taken into account Nintendo Switch players, as achievements aren’t available on the Nintendo console.

d7aa4e3b9b951e1d6e96ac45a408fa77.gif

cormack12

Gold Member
There's a lot of bitches in Volta. But it also says bear in mind......

".....play as women in two other game modes, Pro Clubs and FIFA Street’s spiritual successor, Volta."

This just measures international games on the trophy. But yeah aside from trophy hunters there's no reason to play it and the amount of people that only play kick off is prob low.

MikeM

Women want to see more of their representation in sports (which is fantastic) however women need to support them too. Its great to demand these things however there needs to be support outside of loud voices to make it viable from a business perspective.

I hope this won’t be a one-and-done thing.

You'd get a lot more people playing as the women's teams if the FIFA video game allowed those professional women's teams to play against high school boy teams. They would be very suspenseful games, no one knows who would win.

The high school boys team would win. As they have in real life 😂

cormack12

Gold Member
Women want to see more of their representation in sports (which is fantastic) however women need to support them too. Its great to demand these things however there needs to be support outside of loud voices to make it viable from a business perspective.

I hope this won’t be a one-and-done thing.

Truth. There seems to be an assumption that women's football appeals to the same people who watch men's football. And they don't watch it because they are some sort of *ist.

I know a decent amount of women who follow men's club football (including euro aways) who detest women's football. It's a different dynamic and style. And why some people only watch Premier League and not Championship etc.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Most Fifa players will play as their favourite team.
It's not that shocking that they wouldn't include women teams.
I mean if I had a choice between watching men run around after balls or women I'd choose the women.
But when it comes to the actual sport, it's obvious the men teams are more popular.

It's as if almost no one cared about female football

Shocked Patrick Stewart GIF

* female sports. Sports are all about watching the biggest freaks of nature do the freakiest things. It's a side show attraction. When it comes to athletics, even average schlub dudes can smoke professional women at a lot of physical feats. I had to laugh when clowns said "if Kobe Bryant's kid hadn't died the WNBA would have become just as big as the NBA." Yeah sure dude.

unknown.png

No one cares about the most amazing female athlete just like no one cares about the smartest termite.

Last edited:
I havent checked but how is are the ratings done?Is it compared to the men? So the best woman players is rated 50 or less compared to a 80+ rated male player? Or did they just rate her 85 too?

Back on topic though: so what does this mean? When the video game publisher negotiates contracts with FIFA to use the organization's name, and use teams/player likenesses/etc, are men's and women's negotiated separately? Or is everything a giant "bundle?"

TheDreadBaron

Gold Member
Off topic: I looked into this because it was in the OP, and holy shit, Elizabeth Lambert (the chick in red) is pretty wild. Apparently this was not the only foul she committed in that game, and the blatant foul in the gif was not carded by the refs:

If someone yanked on my hair like that and snapped my neck back, fight is on. I can’t believe there wasn’t an on field melee. Hey, that could be an idea to get more people interested. Let’s foster an environment where cat fights are encouraged: vicious bitches tearing at each other’s clothing, whole teams of sweaty chicks straddling each other and rolling around on the ground, hey we can save this sport folks!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

Oh my goodness this is so funny I had this video recommended to me not even 30 minutes ago before I even read this thread. And let me just say he is right on point and who gives a f****** s*** about a sport that not even women support. I love that my phone is editing my swear words so I'm going to leave that the way it is.

Listen, I do agree that if the women are winning gold medals and world cups in soccer they deserve to get paid at least as much as the men because they are at least winning but every other sport that is probably subsidized by male sports and sorry if it sounds hard but since the beginning of time men were designed by the lord (Jesse Christ or whoever your God is) to be testosterone muscular beings that lift the heavy things and rock hard bat.

Let us pray.

CitizenZ

Banned
Upon the press release of this tremendous honor EA has said all women who worked and were involved in the promotion of this title will receive immediate raises. They have never been more proud of reaching equality and said next yr and going forward a separate woman's ONLY version of FIFA will be their new flagship game.

cormack12

Gold Member
Listen, I do agree that if the women are winning gold medals and world cups in soccer they deserve to get paid at least as much as the men because they are at least winning........

I don't know. The men's game brings in a lot more money than the women's and is way more popular. If the market for women's elite football doesn't generate as much income then it should pay and reward based on its own sustainability, not be propped up. Especially when the men's game neglects its own lower leagues and grassroots. Most guys watching their premier league would rather go see the reserves or u18 than the women.

Also money usually given to the men on international duty is waived and donated to charities by most players (the honour of playing for your country etc is worth more, and the fee is not that large they are paid compared to club wages).

It's only being pushed hard now because they want to monetise it. Make no mistake the aim is to grow the popularity then sell it to Sky.

TrebleShot

The problem with this is that the game ONLY includes a handful of womens international teams.

If it had the rights to the WSL here in the UK it would be huge, most of the top teams here have brilliant womens teams including Chelsea Mam City and Arsenal with United (my team) having a very popular new womens team with some
Great players .

If FIFA had those
Rights I think more people would play it.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Non-Americans who keep up with women's soccer (all 6 of you):

We apologize for this person. She's the most annoying and insufferable athlete in the United States today. Which is saying something because she has A LOT of competition in that category.
She finally figured out a way to cash in on her persona at the end of her career. Talk shows, violet hair, endorsements. She's 37 years old and was invisible for around 35 of them.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Off topic: I looked into this because it was in the OP, and holy shit, Elizabeth Lambert (the chick in red) is pretty wild. Apparently this was not the only foul she committed in that game, and the blatant foul in the gif was not carded by the refs:

Rumor has it Elizabeth Lambert is the first guest character in Tekken 8.....Akuma relegated to second guest.

To unlock the achievement, you must “play a women’s International football match,” which very few players have done. 3.3 percent of players have unlocked the achievement on Xbox, 4.2 percent have on PlayStation according to PSNProfiles, and 3.9 percent on Steam.
They need to hire Itagaki

Yes+_3784bfeed04e086ac9acc73e0082ea22.gif

Maybe they should hire itagaki 🤔
Wow :messenger_beaming:

Well played, beat me to it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom