• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fewer Than Four Percent Of FIFA 22 Players Have Played A Women's Match

GymWolf

giphy.gif
Find a woman that is as happy to see you as ibra is happy to eat that ass and you're gold.

Azurro

Banned
Yeah no one gives a fuck about soccer in the US. It's great the rest of the world likes it but stop trying to make it happen here. Europeans wouldnt like it if our athletes actually gravitated towards it cause we'd win every single world cup.

You've been trying for a while and got nothing. Being a huge bastard doesn't turn into performance, so all the NBA people are out. Athletes need to do more than 1 thing, so all the NFL people are out. You need to play more than 5 minutes at a time, so all of the NHL people are out. Are baseball players even considered athletes?

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Why would you want to play an inferior version of the same game.

I would play if they had a mode where the womens team had to beat the 15U boys teams from around the globe.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I only watch women football to enjoy some bums for a few minutes, so why would I bother with pansy football?
If you really want to watch pathetic hockey, watch women's hockey, especially teams that arent the "best" which are Canada, US and maybe Sweden. I swear me watching my brother play after dinner adult league hockey with a bunch of office slobs could put up a decent match. Believe it or not, some guys can blast the puck.

- No bodychecking allowed
- Mandatory full cage visors
- Almost no slapshots because the ladies cant rip them. Wrist shots are weak too
- Most goals are wristers from up close or sloppy rebounds
- Half the players can barely move fast since the equipment is too bulky for them

The top Canadian or US women's teams would play 15 year old teenage boy teams for prep and would lose to them. And the boys werent allowed to bodycheck.

I forget where the article or video was but one match had a close game where the guys barely won. I thought to myself, wow it was a close game. Turns out I found out later the match was handicapped where the guys played shorthanded the whole game. Unbelieveable.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
If you really want to watch pathetic hockey, watch women's hockey.

- No bodychecking allowed
- Mandatory full cage visors
- Almost no slapshots because the ladies cant rip them. Wrist shots are weak too
- Most goals are wristers from up close or sloppy rebounds
- Half the players can barely move fast since the equipment is too bulky for them

The top Canadian or US women's teams would play 15 year old teenage boy teams for prep and would lose to them. And the boys werent allowed to bodycheck.

Well, they are playing men's games. Imagine what will happen if men play women games.

Wait A Second Season 3 GIF by The Office

1146341331.jpg

1146341331.0.jpg

Telfer_NCAA.png

d202aad1b08a8804d9f6d6898d2df7f3.gif

Tams

Mainly men watch sport. It just seems like a biological thing.

Sport is a physical discipline. Mostly strength and endurance. Men are better at that, so if you want to see the best of the best, it's going to all be men. Men also like to see men do things. Perhaps they project themselves onto the players a bit? Though really who fucking cares?

So as already mentioned here by several already, if women's sport is to become even somewhat popular, women need to actually go and watch it. But guess what? Most women don't care enough to. Hell, more women probably prefer to watch men's sport.

There are of course exceptions, but most of the women do solo sports and it's their personalities that drive their popularity more than anything (even if that is them being sore losers and bitches - looking at you Venus). Or women's beach volleyball because 😋🤤:messenger_kissing_smiling:.

htz3SJ1.gif

Last edited:

Tams

The problem with this is that the game ONLY includes a handful of womens international teams.

If it had the rights to the WSL here in the UK it would be huge, most of the top teams here have brilliant womens teams including Chelsea Mam City and Arsenal with United (my team) having a very popular new womens team with some
Great players .

If FIFA had those
Rights I think more people would play it.
Sorry, but you are delusional. It would not be 'huge'. Most people would continue to not give a shit.

Yes, women's football in the UK is doing well, but it's still incredibly small fry. There are probably more bowls fans.

Azurro

Banned
Women want to see more of their representation in sports (which is fantastic) however women need to support them too. Its great to demand these things however there needs to be support outside of loud voices to make it viable from a business perspective.

I hope this won’t be a one-and-done thing.

It's because, just like with everything else, activists scream and demand things, but they don't actually buy or play the game.

Tams

Likely mostly due to the post lockdown effect.

"517,000 of the 700,000 tickets have now been sold" - couldn't even sell all their tickets.

I'll eat my hat if they can keep such attendance numbers up there for three years.

Also, just completely ignore my fig leaf:

Yes, women's football in the UK is doing well

You lot always have to go on the attack.

Anyway, back on topic; you claimed that women's football would be 'huge' in football computer games. Yet the OP shows that people don't care. So what would be 'huge'? 40, 50%? of games played being women's games? Tell me with a straight face that you think that's going to happen.

Last edited:
Yeah no one gives a fuck about soccer in the US. It's great the rest of the world likes it but stop trying to make it happen here. Europeans wouldnt like it if our athletes actually gravitated towards it cause we'd win every single world cup.
I can't speak for other parts of the country, but seattle average attendance is over 40k for every game lol, I'd hardly say that's "nobody giving a fuck"

yurinka

I'm not surprised at all.

Off topic: I looked into this because it was in the OP, and holy shit, Elizabeth Lambert (the chick in red) is pretty wild. Apparently this was not the only foul she committed in that game, and the blatant foul in the gif was not carded by the refs:

I think she should join MMA instead of football xD

Anyone who has ever seen a women's football match knows why no one plays a women's football match in FIFA. That shit is unbearable to watch.
The multiple-time world champion US Women's National Team regularly gets thrashed by high-school all-star prospects teams for the US Men's National Team.

This is the same problem that the WNBA has. The quality of play is just an order of magnitude lower. There are a lot of sports where women can excel and be thrilling to watch and there are also a lot of sports where the basic biological differences between the genders is just so massively obvious and impossible to ignore that it's not fun to watch the women's game.

TTOOLL

What a surprise! Imagine how many women actually play Fifa...Not even them care about women's football.

Last edited:

Portugeezer

Most people want to play with the best teams and players.

Off topic: I looked into this because it was in the OP, and holy shit, Elizabeth Lambert (the chick in red) is pretty wild. Apparently this was not the only foul she committed in that game, and the blatant foul in the gif was not carded by the refs:

She seems like a fun girl.

I have no idea what this proves.
In WRC10 only 13.4% win one single race in career, one race in a racing game with adjustable difficulty. Low single digit completion rates for some very easy mp stuff, too.

Adding that trophy was exactly for this reason stupid. They should add women and be done with it stealthily. A few people will try it and some girls will yell "girl power" or actually feel included, encouraged and maybe play with their dads.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
What's the saying? git gud scrub?
When women's sports are entertaining people will consume them. See: volleyball, tennis.

Chronicle

The bast part of all of that is well two things:

1. My kinda gal

2. Those girls took that waaaaay better than men. None of them were rolling around on the ground crying like bitches. Men's soccer is absolutely unwatchable because of that.

Azurro

Banned
The bast part of all of that is well two things:

1. My kinda gal

2. Those girls took that waaaaay better than men. None of them were rolling around on the ground crying like bitches. Men's soccer is absolutely unwatchable because of that.

Entire world: loves football, the greatest and most egalitarian sport on the planet.

Americans: our sports are weird or boring, we are weird and we like it that way, thank you very much.

Raven77

The camera is so damn far away I can be playing with the team full of aliens and I wouldn't know. But I also have my PS5 on a huge CRT using and adaptor so that's a factor. I think it's 480p but not sure.

Top Bottom