• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fewer Than Four Percent Of FIFA 22 Players Have Played A Women's Match

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The Venn diagram of women who like video games and women who like football must be absurdly small

I don't know know any who like either
Out of all the women I know and chat with regularly.... sis in laws, female coworkers, female friends, I only know a handful who enjoy football or hockey. And even when they do, they like it in a very casual way like watching it on TV for 20 minutes and then leave and do something else. And none of them know anything aside from basic knowledge they get from the media. They probably cant even name more than 6-7 players on the team unless they sit there all evening thinking about it.

I've never known one who's like... "hey everyone, lets buy tickets one night. We can grab an early dinner downtown and then attend the game".

Never heard or seen that ever in life even going back to my high school days when some buddies and I would do a Jays game when baseball tix were cheap, or when I did university downtown and buying scalped Leafs tix werent the end of the world in price.

It was always a guy driven initiative. You can get the ladies to join. But they'll come if they get an invite after one of the guys organizes everything.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Off topic: I looked into this because it was in the OP, and holy shit, Elizabeth Lambert (the chick in red) is pretty wild. Apparently this was not the only foul she committed in that game, and the blatant foul in the gif was not carded by the refs:

That’s one crazy bitch hahahaha
This one has keying your car written all over it.

bosnianpie

A part of that 4 % did it for the trophy aswell and not because they're into women's football. Those are realistic numbers.

EA is free to do whatever they want with their game of course, but this shows how low the demand is. Something to remember the next time some woke clown claims otherwise.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I'm a huge FIFA player and football fan. I'll be honest. I've never played with the women teams on FIFA and don't watch women's football.

I'm not misogynistic. I don't hate women or think they shouldn't have their own sporting spaces. Not at all. I just have no interest in women's sports.

I'm a huge FIFA player and football fan. I'll be honest. I've never played with the women teams on FIFA and don't watch women's football.

I'm not misogynistic. I don't hate women or think they shouldn't have their own sporting spaces. Not at all. I just have no interest in women's sports.
How many of the male teams do you play at least once in Fifa? Have you played an Arab, Chinese, Belgian, a 2nd League team or Iceland?
Genuine question.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
One way to make sure we dont forget they exist.
FYBx68HXEAQPT7Y

nkarafo

And most of those who played a women's match, only did so to unlock the achievement, not because they cared about it.

Nobody cares about women's football/soccer.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Strange because the gameplay feels like when you watch women play football.
That slow, gloggy gameplay
Womens hockey, soccer and basketball. Poor shots and positioning. It’s better now (it used to be much worse), but still bad…. I can’t explain it but women play team sports in that messy scrambly way where it resembles kids at recess all going for the ball. And when it comes to shooting a puck or tossing up a shot in basketball the ladies hoof the shots in a very unpolished way like it’s a bunch of dudes goofing around in gym class doing crazy air balls for laughs.

Then you watch guys play and the players on offence and defence know when to commit and when to hold back and play D.

Tams

Gold Member
Womens hockey, soccer and basketball. Poor shots and positioning. It’s better now (it used to be much worse), but still bad…. I can’t explain it but women play team sports in that messy scrambly way where it resembles kids at recess all going for the ball. And when it comes to shooting a puck or tossing up a shot in basketball the ladies hoof the shots in a very unpolished way like it’s a bunch of dudes goofing around in gym class doing crazy air balls for laughs.

Then you watch guys play and the players on offence and defence know when to commit and when to hold back and play D.
School girls play gnarly, vicious field hockey though. Probably terrible to watch, but I can still feel the bruises.

IDKFA

How many of the male teams do you play at least once in Fifa? Have you played an Arab, Chinese, Belgian, a 2nd League team or Iceland?
Genuine question.

Loads of times in online matches and local games. Sometimes we just pick a team a random, or pick a team from a random league. Just this weekend gone I played a local game against my son. He was Swindon Town and I was Lech Poznan. He still beat me 😭

Also, it's great for career mode, which would be useless without a lot of male leagues and teams.

Loads of times in online matches and local games. Sometimes we just pick a team a random, or pick a team from a random league. Just this weekend gone I played a local game against my son. He was Swindon Town and I was Lech Poznan. He still beat me 😭

Also, it's great for career mode, which would be useless without a lot of male leagues and teams.
Lech Poznan club from my city. Shame they are utter shite :p

IDKFA

Lech Poznan club from my city. Shame they are utter shite :p

I doubt they'd lose to Swindon in real life. It's just that my son is a lot, lot better at Fifa than I am 😭

I have a soft spot for Poznan, although they're not my favourite Polish team. That would be Wrocław, but only because it's the closest major team to my wife's hometown of Jelenia Góra.

I'm actually off to Poland for two weeks at the end of August and I can't wait!

The forcing continue with FIFA 23... Nobody care of women football but they continue to try to sell us this boring sport... What a waste of time and ressources...

Last edited:

So if random is okay, even great, having to play a female team shouldn't be different than playing some "nobody teams". I would assume female kicker Jane Doe isn't worse to play than male player John Doe from Swindon Town, both are no Messi anyway?

Toots

Gold Member
And of the 4%, how many played that mode because it is the only way to spend 90 min roughing up this charming being ?

tenor.gif

IDKFA

So if random is okay, even great, having to play a female team shouldn't be different than playing some "nobody teams". I would assume female kicker Jane Doe isn't worse to play than male player John Doe from Swindon Town, both are no Messi anyway?

No. I have no interest in women's football, so why would I play as a woman's team?

No. I have no interest in women's football, so why would I play as a woman's team?
You dont have to, of course.
But you are seriously more interested in Qingdao Huanghai and Al Shabab (randomly copied names I never heard) than eg the female national team of your own country?

I can't believe all the nay sayers, that the inclusion of all those teams is more important, even important at all, than having a handful of female teams to give those who want to play as a female something, when males anyway have an abundance in famous but also super niche male teams already. I doubt that some of them would be played at 4% unless also incentiviced, maybe that Chinese team if Fifa is sold there well and that is their Barcelona, Manchester ... who knows ... This single stat feels useless to make any conclusion and just triggers weird comments all around.

We playing football game because Messi, Ronaldo, Lewandowski and other big name of football, who know more than 2 female football player ? Honestly im a big fan of football and i can't say 2 names of female football but i can tell you a list of 100+ very good male football player... Is not only about the game itself, its about stars and names...

IDKFA

You dont have to, of course.
But you are seriously more interested in Qingdao Huanghai and Al Shabab (randomly copied names I never heard) than eg the female national team of your own country?

I can't believe all the nay sayers, that the inclusion of all those teams is more important, even important at all, than having a handful of female teams to give those who want to play as a female something, when males anyway have an abundance in famous but also super niche male teams already. I doubt that some of them would be played at 4% unless also incentiviced, maybe that Chinese team if Fifa is sold there well and that is their Barcelona, Manchester ... who knows ... This single stat feels useless to make any conclusion and just triggers weird comments all around.

Yes. I take interest in the men's game at almost every league on the planet.

I take zero interest in the women's game.

EA can keep the women's team in the game. Great for those who like women's football. But personally I have no interest in it, so why should I play it?

Kamina

Golden Boy
Women can play football?
jk

Men just dont give a rats ass about it when mens football is just so much more widespread

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Imagine all the combined manhours spend on developing this mode. What a waste.

But if EA didn't have a women's football option they'd be grilled over it on social media and in reviews. In the current political climate EA would rather spend tons of money on a feature no one plays than stand their ground against the twitterati mob.

Women can play football?
jk

Men just dont give a rats ass about it when mens football is just so much more widespread
There is a lobby behind this forcing, they want to push women football and hope for it to compete against men popularity to make a lot of money... But honnestly there is no chance... Women football is so boring to watch, there is no intensity, it's slow and keepers jump like kids trying to catch flying bubbles lol

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
But if EA didn't have a women's football option they'd be grilled over it on social media and in reviews. In the current political climate EA would rather spend tons of money on a feature no one plays than stand their ground against the twitterati mob.
OR

They could just ignore the screaming children on twitter and have exactly the same sales.

NahaNago

4% is still quite a bit since this is fifa. LIke others have said most probably just played it for the achievement. The real comparison would be how many woman matches compared to men's matches since you only have to played I guess once to be in that 4 percent.

Top Bottom