• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFVII rebirth exclusive to PS5 because of the graphical quality, of course, as well as SSD access speed says executive producer Kitase.

GymWolf

Remake was released a month before UE5 was revealed. 5 months before the PS5 launch. They couldve easily switched to the beta version of UE5 right at the start of the development. They couldve upgraded their assets without having to switch to UE5 and nanite. UE4 is perfectly capable of producing better games.

The problem is just the greedy suits, or lazy devs, it's also the complacent fanbases. I was looking at just how atrocious Bayonetta 3 looked and the fanbase was just happy to get the game. Nintendo had the Wii U producing realtime graphics like this in 2012. WTF happened.

ZeldaWiiU.gif

b9vkki.gif
That thing looks super fake tbh, especially coming from a wiiU.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
That thing looks super fake tbh, especially coming from a wiiU.
It was realtime. I remember them taking control of the camera and showing different parts of the room while the demo was running.

Even the Wii U version of BOTW was downgraded after release probably because for the first time in console history, the new console was weaker than its predecessor.

C2ehhjnUAAAAlWk.jpg

z1v.jpg

oj7ttfq2c4uy.jpg

K2D

Banned
This news is all I ever wanted..

E75bDAX.gif

I'm expecting a quantum leap in diversity of faces and general IQ. Memory budget and data buffering should be bygone fraces once Rebirth arrives.

Mr Moose

LOL, is that what he said? I think we're talking PC and non-Sony consoles.
――そんな理由があったんですね。ちなみに「FFVII リバース」は最初からPS5オンリーということになりましたけれども、その理由をお伺いできますか?

北瀬氏:もちろんグラフィックスの質もそうなのですが、SSDへのアクセスの速さなどもありますね。オリジナル版をやられた方だったらある程度は想像がつくと思うんですけれども、この先、物語はミッドガルを脱出した後の広大な世界で進んでいきます。「FFVII リバース」でも、当然ここから先は広がる世界を描いていきますので、その点でローディングストレスという部分が非常にネックになってきてしまいます。その点をクリアして快適に世界をプレイするためには、やはりPS5のスペックが必要だと感じました。
Kitase: Of course it's the quality of the graphics, but there's also the speed of access to the SSD. If you played the original version, you can probably imagine to some extent that the story will continue in the vast world after you escape Midgar. In FFVII Rebirth, of course, we'll be describing the world that spreads out from this point onwards, so loading stress will be a major bottleneck in that respect. In order to clear this problem and play the world comfortably, we felt that PS5 specs were necessary.
It will be on PC after a while, the first part isn't on Xbox. He's talking about the PS4 and why the 2nd part isn't on it.

Lethal01

It was realtime. I remember them taking control of the camera and showing different parts of the room while the demo was running.
Even the Wii U version of BOTW was downgraded after release probably because for the first time in console history, the new console was weaker than its predecessor.

C2ehhjnUAAAAlWk.jpg

The switch is more powerful than the WiiU even in it's handheld mode.

Tripolygon

Banned

No, the Switch is more power than WiiU.

Top Bottom