• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFVII rebirth exclusive to PS5 because of the graphical quality, of course, as well as SSD access speed says executive producer Kitase.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Maybe because they already looked like a gen behind? How is that an excuse? Talk about setting a low bar. Those NPCs and exteriors in Skyrim did not look a gen ahead of Fallout 4 at all btw, looks like the same engine with a little more juice powering it all running at an impressive 30fps, definitely not a looker.
It's not an excuse. It's a fact. They improved their visual output gen on gen while the other Bethesda studios i have listed have not. Did we see a similar jump from Arkhane's previous games to Redfall and Deathloop? Of course not.

I have no idea how anyone can seriously state that hardware does not improve the graphical pipeline of a studio. This belies decades of hardware generation upgrades that have allowed even the shittiest graphics studios to improve their games gen on gen.

The only excuses I see being made here are for these AAA devs who are charging $70 for their last gen games without offering an upgrade deserving of the hardware specs. Does SE think we are that gullible that we can tell the difference between a last gen game and a next gen game? ND clearly thinks so. They have plastered BUILT FROM THE GROUND UP all over TLOU remake ads. Let's not make excuses for these lazy devs and expect BETTER. Talk about a low bar indeed.

That is because their last title (FO4) looked like a gen behind (just in 1080p) when it launched. Shall I dig up the threads of the reveal on here?

Starfield, while I dig the art direction, does not look like a gen ahead of anything out now and in a lot of ways, behind some games. But the scope should hopefully be there.

You are showing bias cracks in your crusade, bub.

I personally don't see what's so amazing about Starfield's scope, tbh. It is honestly just like Fallout in Space, with NMS mechanics thrown into the mix. It doesn't matter if there are 1,000 planets when most of them serve no other purpose than resource-gathering spots, who's realistically going to need to mine 1,000 planets for resources in an average playthrough? Nothing on the four main cities makes it sound like their scale combined will significantly outweigh most other open-world games already on the market.

Things like the crafting and ship-building system are nice, but people should stop pretending there aren't similar systems in other open-world games or of similar depth. Nothing about Starfield's scope so far makes it seem like it's significantly larger than other open-world games in any meaningful way. When I hear things like 1,000 planets or "largest script in history", I think of bloat more than quality content; sometimes less is more, even with open-world games.

Visually Starfield is nice art direction, but asset quality for some things at a technical level look almost 360/PS3 era (like the trees in the city); some of the facial animations look like they're texture swaps for expression rather than actual skeletal mesh-based movement systems, and the framepacing in the gameplay shown so far is really bad not to mention locked to 30 FPS. I'd say almost any AAA open-world game on the market from the past two years is at least comparable to Starfield visually, and in some cases like HFW, easily surpass it (excusing subjective elements like high fantasy vs. 50's vintage scifi, where it's down to a preference, tho I think certain games like HFW and Cyberpunk 2077 realize their art styles quite better thanks to being more sound on a technical level).

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I only hope the use the extra power to make a bigger more seamless world where I don't have to squeeze through a tight place or slowly walk over some planks every 2 minutes.

Totally agree, this would be a huge upgrade and one that tells us we are truly moving on from the weak IO of previous generations.

It felt like it was every 5 minutes in ff 7 remake. Squeeze through a rock, balance over a wooden plank lol

It's not an excuse. It's a fact. They improved their visual output gen on gen while the other Bethesda studios i have listed have not. Did we see a similar jump from Arkhane's previous games to Redfall and Deathloop? Of course not.

I have no idea how anyone can seriously state that hardware does not improve the graphical pipeline of a studio. This belies decades of hardware generation upgrades that have allowed even the shittiest graphics studios to improve their games gen on gen.

The only excuses I see being made here are for these AAA devs who are charging $70 for their last gen games without offering an upgrade deserving of the hardware specs. Does SE think we are that gullible that we can tell the difference between a last gen game and a next gen game? ND clearly thinks so. They have plastered BUILT FROM THE GROUND UP all over TLOU remake ads. Let's not make excuses for these lazy devs and expect BETTER. Talk about a low bar indeed.
The Last of Us Part I, a game that was made using TLoU Part II tech still looks way better than Starfield and will run at double the framerate (if the footage we saw from Stafield is representative of the game). Is ND really the one's who should be ashamed of charging $70? If ND is a lazy dev what are the other devs then if the vast majority of them get completely outclassed by ND?

More powerful hardware will allow for easy improvements like better resolution, better framerate, better effects, in the rare occasion some sort of RT use but it won't magically generate better assets, better animation, etc.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Totally agree, this would be a huge upgrade and one that tells us we are truly moving on from the weak IO of previous generations.

It felt like it was every 5 minutes in ff 7 remake. Squeeze through a rock, balance over a wooden plank lol
FF15 was already open world and didnt need an SSD. Data streaming has been a thing since the PS360 gen. You load as you go. Sure you might get some patchy areas with barren lands masking loading times but SSD is hardly a requirement for open world.

FF7 was just designed as a linear game. FF7 rebirth is more open world and while the SSD should allow them to create denser more jam packed environments (Avatar devs talked about this), I highly doubt they wouldve had you squeeze through rocks in an open world game.

SlimySnake

The Last of Us Part I, a game that was made using TLoU Part II tool, looks way better than Starfall. Is ND really the one who should be ashamed of charging $70?
Yes! They have not been able to provide a generational leap while charging a next gen price tag.

What Bethesda does with Starfield is irrelevant. There will always be studios who are worse at graphics rendering. What you want from AAA devs who are typically GOOD at pushing visual fidelity to actually PUSH visual fidelity. The RE devs over at Capcom, ND, Square Enix's FF7 team. They should not get a pass. You clearly havent given Bethesda a pass for Starfield's graphics. Almost everyone here was trashing it a month ago. So why make excuses for ND and SE?

Yes! They have not been able to provide a generational leap while charging a next gen price tag.

What Bethesda does with Starfield is irrelevant. There will always be studios who are worse at graphics rendering. What you want from AAA devs who are typically GOOD at pushing visual fidelity to actually PUSH visual fidelity. The RE devs over at Capcom, ND, Square Enix's FF7 team. They should not get a pass. You clearly havent given Bethesda a pass for Starfield's graphics. Almost everyone here was trashing it a month ago. So why make excuses for ND and SE?
So ND is getting a pass because their game released in 2022, that started development as rogue project in another studio doesn't look much better than what is by far one of the best looking games that exist to this day released two year ago? Wow.

They have very little incentive to make Part I look much better than Part II since that would defeat the purpose of Part I in the first place, they want people to be able to play those games back to back with visual consistency, that was the entire pitch.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

So ND is getting a pass because their game released in 2022, that started development as rogue project in another studio doesn't look much better than the by far one of the best looking games that exist to this day released two year ago? Wow.
What the fuck are you talking about?

What the fuck are you talking about?
I'm talking about TLoU Part I, if you are uninformed it's on you, go look up the info on the game development since you seem to be really into criticizing it.

As if $10 made any difference in the quality of the game. Still is going to be one of the best looking games ever made when it releases if it is simply on pair with TLoU Part II.

Please, show me a game that look drastically better than TLoU Part II.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

I'm talking about TLoU Part I, if you are uninformed it's on you, go look up the info on the game development since you seem to be really into criticizing it.

As if $10 made any difference in the quality of the game.
No one is getting a pass. No one should get a pass. Who cares what the circumstances were? The game is being sold for full price. The game is literally being sold as a game BUILT FROM THE GROUND UP. You have SE telling you that this is a PS5 only game because PS4 cant do these graphics. They are both lying. Dont give them a pass.

Dont make excuses for people trying to scam you.

Mister Wolf

Cyberpunk recommends an SSD. Wonder how it runs of a HDD.

Alot of them do but the only game I know of where its actually a huge issue using an HDD is Star Citizen. The rest are pretty much full of shit. I wish they weren't full of shit. We should have shifted to SSD and maximized the bandwidth of the Win 32 API I/O in game development long before Direct Storage was even thought up.

Last edited:
No one is getting a pass. No one should get a pass. Who cares what the circumstances were? The game is being sold for full price. The game is literally being sold as a game BUILT FROM THE GROUND UP. You have SE telling you that this is a PS5 only game because PS4 cant do these graphics. They are both lying. Dont give them a pass.

Dont make excuses for people trying to scam you.
It was built from the ground up, genius, on the same engine as TLoU 2. If using the same engine as other game somehow count as a negative why are you hyping Unreal?

Scam who? What a joke, get a hold of yourself man. Why is this game making you so mad? Nobody is falling for your narrative that you are this mad over $10.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
No one is getting a pass. No one should get a pass. Who cares what the circumstances were?
Except for Starfield with that framerate and PS360 texture/foliage assets, amirite?

For all the praise you give it, you sure as hell would be like flies to honey any other time.

You have SE telling you that this is a PS5 only game because PS4 cant do these graphics. They are both lying. Dont give them a pass.
You seem really salty this isn't on the PS4... ooooooh,
128165.jpg

*squints*

Kev Kev

When people try to convince me that something is only possible on PS5 because of "The SSD" it gives me some serious flashbacks to PS3 era and "The Cell" arguments.
yeah its classic fanboyism

dont know why the hell we need threads like these. they seem to just promote senseless arguments, incentivize trolling and console warriors, and nothing productive ever comes from them.

i usually wind up putting the OPs of threads like this one on ignore, if i see them repeatedly creating them.

yeah its classic fanboyism

dont know why the hell we need threads like these. they seem to just promote senseless arguments, incentivize trolling and console warriors, and nothing productive ever comes from them.

i usually wind up putting the OPs of threads like this one on ignore, if i see them repeatedly creating them.
So why isn't SE releasing the game on PS4 if it could easily be made for the PS4 as well?

People in this forum get mad that all games are crossgen then get a mad again when a game is not crossgen. They know better then the devs making the game about where it would be viable to release the game or not based on a trailer released one and a half years before the game launch window.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

It was built from the ground up, genius, on the same engine as TLoU 2. If using the same engine as other game somehow count as a negative why are you hyping Unreal?

Scam who? What a joke, get a hold of yourself man. Why is this game making you so mad?
They said its built from the ground up on PS5. Do you really think thats the best ND can do? What happens in five years when ND releases TLOU3 and it looks a gen ahead of this game supposedly built from the ground up on PS5?

Why do you keep making this about TLOU? Whats your deal? I mentioned TLOU alongside half a dozen other games in a thread about FF7 not looking any better than the first game. Why are you so obsessed with me mentioning TLOU? I mentioned Redfall, RE4, TLOU, FF7, Ghostwire Tokyo, Deathloop, Returnal. Why get triggered over one game?

The fact that people like you continue to stan for these lazy devs is what is upsetting. We are 2 years in discussing games coming out in the 3rd year HALF WAY through the gen and these games still look last gen. You dont see that as a scam? Why were we sold a $500 PS5 and XSX ? For cross gen 60 fps games? Is it a PS4 Pro 2 or a PS5? The low expectations of people like you is why devs like Naughty Dog, Square Enix, and execs like Jim Ryan can go around lying to your face saying HFW, TLOU and FF7 rebirth were built from the ground up on the PS5.

Be better. Do what you did when Starfield came out and didnt look next gen enough to you. You clearly have the capacity to offer criticism. Dont hold it back just because the tag on the boxart says Playstation.

They said its built from the ground up on PS5. Do you really think thats the best ND can do? What happens in five years when ND releases TLOU3 and it looks a gen ahead of this game supposedly built from the ground up on PS5?

Why do you keep making this about TLOU? Whats your deal? I mentioned TLOU alongside half a dozen other games in a thread about FF7 not looking any better than the first game. Why are you so obsessed with me mentioning TLOU? I mentioned Redfall, RE4, TLOU, FF7, Ghostwire Tokyo, Deathloop, Returnal. Why get triggered over one game?

The fact that people like you continue to stan for these lazy devs is what is upsetting. We are 2 years in discussing games coming out in the 3rd year HALF WAY through the gen and these games still look last gen. You dont see that as a scam? Why were we sold a $500 PS5 and XSX ? For cross gen 60 fps games? Is it a PS4 Pro 2 or a PS5? The low expectations of people like you is why devs like Naughty Dog, Square Enix, and execs like Jim Ryan can go around lying to your face saying HFW, TLOU and FF7 rebirth were built from the ground up on the PS5.

Be better. Do what you did when Starfield came out and didnt look next gen enough to you. You clearly have the capacity to offer criticism. Dont hold it back just because the tag on the boxart says Playstation.
If they build it on the PS4 why isn't it releasing there? TLoU Part II was already released only months before the PS5 released, it's really easy to believe they never targeted the PS4 with this one. Who gives a shit anyway? They have every right to release it only on the PS5 if they think that is better for them.

Your other arguments are pathetic. I'm talking about TLoU and FFVII because I don't give a shit about Redfall, Ghostwire or Deathloop and all your argument look particularly worse when you criticize ND by how their games look. You saying ND is lazy is spectacularly out of touch, I'll ask again, show me a game (not a demo) that looks drastically better than TLoU Part 2. TLoU2 Part 2 will be out in 2 months, it doesn't need to look better than any unreleased games with no release date.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

If they build it on the PS4 why isn't it releasing there? TLoU Part II was already released only months before the PS5 released, it's really easy to believe they never targeted the PS4 with this one. Who gives a shit anyway? They have every right to release it only on the PS5 if they think that is better for them.

Your other arguments are pathetic. I'm talking about TLoU and FFVII because I don't give a shit about Redfall, Ghostwire or Deathloop and all your argument look particularly worse when you criticize ND by how their games look. You saying ND is lazy is spectacularly out of touch, I'll ask again, show me a game (not a demo) that looks drastically better than TLoU Part 2. TLoU2 Part 2 will be out in 2 months, it doesn't need to look better than any unreleased games with no release date.
Who gives a shit? We are in a thread where the executive producer is trying to justify this being a next gen only title boasting about the graphics fidelity the hardware allows WHILE offering LAST GEN graphics. This is about games NOT looking better than their last gen versions. Who cares if TLOU2 still looks great? What argument do you think we are having? Hell, Uncharted 3 still looks great. Should we not expect a next gen leap from Uncharted 4? What about Uncharted 5? Would you be ok if Uncharted 5 looked as good as Uncharted 3 which still looks this stunning?

3KrE.gif

uncharted3riflequxo.gif

You are in the wrong thread pal. This is about pushing graphical fidelity. Something SE doesnt seem to be doing. Along with all other lazy AAA devs. They are literally using the same character model for Sephiroth and Cloud. Their shitty Hair tech is identical despite a massive increase in GPU power. ND is doing the same. Ellie and Joel's character models are the same ones they used in TLOU2's flashbacks. How is that not lazy?

If an A+ student copies and pastes his own essay from a previous semester, it would just as lazy as if a D student did it. They are both lazy. ND and SE being exceptional last gen doesnt mean they get a pass. No one gets a pass. Not 2-3 years into the gen. This aint launch window.

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Would you be ok if Uncharted 5 looked as good as Uncharted 3 which still looks this stunning?
me trying my absolute best not to say yes because of the fact that this hyperfocus on visuals, graphics and AAA budgets are the main reason games take over 3-7 years to come out now

S0ULZB0URNE

When people try to convince me that something is only possible on PS5 because of "The SSD" it gives me some serious flashbacks to PS3 era and "The Cell" arguments.
The Cell put out some games on another level than anything that Gen save the Crysis games on PC for example.

SlimySnake

me trying my absolute best not to say yes because of the fact that this hyperfocus on visuals, graphics and AAA budgets are the main reason games take over 3-7 years to come out now
Allow me to introduce you to UE5 which lets single devs create environments in 3 days.

40+ environments in 90 days made by 3-5 devs. Creating these environments didnt even take that long in UE4. These guys are just tied to old engines. Old hardware. Old development practices. In their attempts to cash in on quick and dirty sequels, they ended up fucking themselves over by being forced to make games the old fashioned way. Baking lights for every scene, creating dozens of LODs per object, wasting time faking everything from animations to hair rendering instead of creating simulations that handle everything.

It's shortsightedness driven by corporate greed to exploit a dying userbase that ironically refused to buy these cross gen games until they got their hands on a PS5.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Allow me to introduce you to UE5 which lets single devs create environments in 3 days.

40+ environments in 90 days made by 3-5 devs. Creating these environments didnt even take that long in UE4. These guys are just tied to old engines. Old hardware. Old development practices. In their attempts to cash in on quick and dirty sequels, they ended up fucking themselves over by being forced to make games the old fashioned way. Baking lights for every scene, creating dozens of LODs per object, wasting time faking everything from animations to hair rendering instead of creating simulations that handle everything.

It's shortsightedness driven by corporate greed to exploit a dying userbase that ironically refused to buy these cross gen games until they got their hands on a PS5.

Holy shit, those look good!! and only made in 90 days too?? Why aren't devs using this tech more, if everyone used UE5 we'd get amazing looking games that come out in less than 3 years!

S0ULZB0URNE

Who gives a shit? We are in a thread where the executive producer is trying to justify this being a next gen only title boasting about the graphics fidelity the hardware allows WHILE offering LAST GEN graphics. This is about games NOT looking better than their last gen versions. Who cares if TLOU2 still looks great? What argument do you think we are having? Hell, Uncharted 3 still looks great. Should we not expect a next gen leap from Uncharted 4? What about Uncharted 5? Would you be ok if Uncharted 5 looked as good as Uncharted 3 which still looks this stunning?

3KrE.gif

uncharted3riflequxo.gif

You are in the wrong thread pal. This is about pushing graphical fidelity. Something SE doesnt seem to be doing. Along with all other lazy AAA devs. They are literally using the same character model for Sephiroth and Cloud. Their shitty Hair tech is identical despite a massive increase in GPU power. ND is doing the same. Ellie and Joel's character models are the same ones they used in TLOU2's flashbacks. How is that not lazy?

If an A+ student copies and pastes his own essay from a previous semester, it would just as lazy as if a D student did it. They are both lazy. ND and SE being exceptional last gen doesnt mean they get a pass. No one gets a pass. Not 2-3 years into the gen. This aint launch window.
I think FFVII rebirth looks great 🤷‍♂️

SlimySnake

Why aren't devs using this tech more
The industry is fraudulent. FF7 released just a week before UE5 was revealed. They couldve begun working on UE5 immediately while it was still in beta. Hell, even UE4 has quixel megascans now included for free and FF7 was already using UE4. They just chose to use the same assets for whatever reason. They must think they could get away with it due to the current sorry state of journalism. I just didnt think they would receive a similar pass from gamers. They must have known gamers no longer demand the best.

And yes. All those in 90 days total. Devs were given a challenge to make one environment in 3 days. So its actually 3 days per dev per environment.

SlimySnake

Alot of them do but the only game I know of where its actually a huge issue using an HDD is Star Citizen. The rest are pretty much full of shit. I wish they weren't full of shit. We should have shifted to SSD and maximized the bandwidth of the Win 32 API I/O in game development long before Direct Storage was even thought up.
Cyberpunk was designed to run on last gen consoles and runs on last gen consoles. But you never know, this guy might be telling the truth and a 500 MBps SATA SSD drive might be required.

Avatar is the only game where devs have gone on record to state that the SSD is needed to travel faster through the environments as the SSD allows them to stream data into the ram much faster as well as creating denser environments without the need to have long barren loading sections.

It's not just that the world needs to look good as you lazily soar over it – it's that it needs to stay looking good while you travel very, very quickly, as Jansén explains: "You're flying at enormous high speeds on a Banshee over this very, very detailed landscape. It doesn't matter how much we can render, unless we can stream it in as fast when we're moving very fast from one place to another. So just this shift to these newer hard drives, it can't be underestimated because, and it really has a lot of implications."

Flying in HFW is the perfect example of lazily soaring over the map. It's gliding at best.

Map Design​

One of the less visible benefits of new hardware is in changing not just how the open world looks, but how it's pieced together. Because of more limited tech, older open world games needed to balance detail with density, which can lead to large areas of relative nothingness between major points of interest (I'm looking at you Assassin's Creed: Odyssey). It seems that new-gen tech will allow Frontiers of Pandora to be built a little more organically:

"It's not just the old 'I'm taking this slow walk as I enter into the place because we have to stream everything in'," explains Jansén of the benefits to his maps, "it's little subtle things that people don't think about, which is how close together are all the places in the world. If you look at, with the old hard drives, they had to be spaced out very far [apart], because you had to stream out the old and stream in the new, so it just created a formulaic world. So, there's a ton of stuff like that."

The second part is what the FF7 dev is alluding to. The only problem is that the assets hes streaming are so last gen, im not sure why they wont fit into PS5's larger vram pool. But who knows, maybe they will have denser environments just like Avatar. We wont know until we see the full game.

TBH, this is the kinda shit Mark Cerny was talking about in the Road to PS5 conference that went over our heads at first. Sadly, 2.5 years later, we have only Ratchet to show for it. No one else seems to be utilizing it beyond loading so FF7 and Avatar doing something else with it should be applauded. I can only imagine how frustrated Mark Cerny must be. 5.5 GBps of SSD speeds and all that work on the IO block and his devs are still making last gen games.

Last edited:

n0razi

Yeah, at this point I'm not touching any of the Remakes until its a Final Master Collection with all the updates and DLC.... so yeah see you guys in 30 years!

Lethal01

Holy shit, those look good!! and only made in 90 days too?? Why aren't devs using this tech more, if everyone used UE5 we'd get amazing looking games that come out in less than 3 years!

Because the speed up is not nearly as drastic as people who don't actually do game development want to claim, there have always been video of people making great looking enviroments over the course of days, Games are more complex that making a nice looking 3D environment.

SkylineRKR

We'll have to wait and see. How open will Rebirth be? With SE's claims, I am expecting no more crouch and force walking just to mask load times at least.

SE is talking shit though, ofcourse Rebirth could be a PS4 game as well with lower resolution, framerate, load times and all that. To be honest I expect another very linear game. Square did an open world FF before, XV, and it was trash. Even Rift Apart could be a PS4 game, but then they would've handled the warping different, perhaps they would limit it or they would add stealth loading to it. The rest, like HFW and GT7, I doubt they were ever really PS5 projects during development. I've played both and they actually feel like PS4 games at heart. It would make sense if both studios started after Sport and ZD, which would be 2017. More than 3 years before the PS5 would come out.

Square simply ditched the PS4. Intermission was already PS5 only, FFXVI won't be on PS4 and Forspoken won't be either. Only smaller projects like Crisis Core remaster, Star Ocean and Valkyrie Elysium are still cross-gen. DQ might still appear everywhere like XI since it will likely also target Switch.

Lethal01

Isn't this the kind of thing they wanted to get away from, going by Road to PS5?

The hub model is nothing but a way to solve the issue of loading assets, which should be mitigated by the PS5s design. Meaning that they should be able to give us proper open worlds that move a away from hun models.
So this confirms the game will be open world?

One of my concerns was that after Midgar the second game would follow a linear design like the 1st one. Will be happy if they made an open world where u can visit various locations from the original game.

I'd guess rather than being a "true' open world ala BoTW, It would be something like if you took BoTW worlds. split it into 12 zones and had linear, Story controlled route through those zones.

Because the speed up is not nearly as drastic as people who don't actually do game development want to claim, there have always been video of people making great looking enviroments over the course of days, Games are more complex that making a nice looking 3D environment.
Also, what are we comparing Unreal 5 to? To games that already released or that have a release date? So far I don't know about a single impressive Unreal 5 game with a solid release date, kinda goes against this idea that it's this magical way to speed up game production. No other version of Unreal had that effect btw.

3KrE.gif

uncharted3riflequxo.gif

You are completely unhinge, really hard to even understand where you are coming from. Do you have an example of a single dev doing tings correctly that isn't a "fraud"? It Epic Games our savior?

Last edited:

sendit

Agreed. All logic is thrown out. We have now crossed the boundaries of comparing tech demo's to an actual game. You know, an actual game where physics, AI, animation, sound, and graphics all want a piece of that sweet sweet hardware juice.

🤡 alert

Last edited:

sendit

So this confirms the game will be open world?

One of my concerns was that after Midgar the second game would follow a linear design like the 1st one. Will be happy if they made an open world where u can visit various locations from the original game.

I don't think this means it will be open world. I think it will be thought of as more of a seamless transition from area to area. Similar to God of War.

I'd guess rather than being a "true' open world ala BoTW, It would be something like if you took BoTW worlds. split it into 12 zones and had linear, Story controlled route through those zones.
Kinda but the world of FF7 is 'huge' in terms of world map between cities, and I don't know how you will fill it up with meaningful content if you are trying to be realistic in your portrayal of the world.

Also remember the IO speed is just one limitation, total size is another. FF7R was big for being one city.
Going by Road to PS5, as well as the Unreal Engine 5 tech demo running on PS5, there should be no problem loading on-the-go.

PS5 has been designed specifically to load assets on the fly and Cerny went into detail on how it means that devs can move away from traditional game-design thanks to the loading-speed of the SSD and PS5 architecture.

Whether SE will actually do so remains to be seen, but moving away from last-gen should allow them to actually give us a full open-world.

GymWolf

Expecting sensibly better graphic\animations for new titles on a new console is grasping at straws, ot at least this is what they told to me in the ragnarock topic.

Stop with these absurd requests dude, just buy their games with the new and updated price that doesn't fuck in the ass the clients at all.

Wasting the old assets and perfectly ok 5 years old animations for a new title, pffff...

But hey, it still looks better than 90% of games so it's A-ok.

Last edited:
Games look like last gen because it takes at least 3 years to make a triple A game nowadays.
Wouldn't be surprised if FF7 remake production started when PS4 was still hot.

SlimySnake

Games look like last gen because it takes at least 3 years to make a triple A game nowadays.
Wouldn't be surprised if FF7 remake production started when PS4 was still hot.
Remake was released a month before UE5 was revealed. 5 months before the PS5 launch. They couldve easily switched to the beta version of UE5 right at the start of the development. They couldve upgraded their assets without having to switch to UE5 and nanite. UE4 is perfectly capable of producing better games.

Expecting sensibly better graphic\animations for new titles on a new console is grasping at straws, ot at least this is what they told to me in the ragnarock topic.

Stop with these absurd requests dude, just buy their games with the new and updated price that doesn't fuck in the ass the clients at all.

Wasting the old assets and perfectly ok 5 years old animations for a new title, pffff...

But hey, it still looks better than 90% of games so it's A-ok.
The problem is just the greedy suits, or lazy devs, it's also the complacent fanbases. I was looking at just how atrocious Bayonetta 3 looked and the fanbase was just happy to get the game. Nintendo had the Wii U producing realtime graphics like this in 2012. WTF happened.

ZeldaWiiU.gif

b9vkki.gif

Top Bottom