• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV new ATR + Dengeki event on 8/28

DPtheGod

Square Enix and Dengeki PlayStation are teaming up for a Final Fantasy XV-filled weekend in Japan with a set of stage events focused on the game. Beginning August 28 at 12:00 JST (August 27 at 11PM EDT), fans can tune in to both NicoNico and YouTube to catch the latest on the Final Fantasy XV Universe, a special Gamecom recap Active Time Report and more.

Here’s the rundown on what to expect during the Japanese-only broadcast. Note all times are listed in Japan Standard Time:

Part 1 (12:00-13:00) Final Fantasy XV Universe Special Stage
Akio Ofuji (Brotherhood: Final Fantasy XV Producer)
Takeshi Nozue (Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV Director)

Part 2 (14:00-15:00) Active Time Report Gamescom Recap Special!
Hajime Tabata (Final Fantasy XV Director)
Akio Ofuji (Final Fantasy XV Global Brand Director)

Part 3 (16:00-17:00) Final Fantasy XV Special Talk Stage
Shuhei Yoshida (SIE Worldwide Studios President)
Hajime Tabata (Final Fantasy XV Director)

Source: http://www.novacrystallis.com/2016/...vent-streamed-online-gamescom-recap-atr-more/

t1472353200z1.png

The part I put in bold has me very interested personally. At least in the potential on what that could be. Wonder if this means we can expect support for Neo? A PS4 bundle?

Hopefully we get something awesome out of that!

Please warpstrike me if old. My first thread! Yay!

How would anything Neo related be revealed before the Neo is officially unveiled?

Really curious as to why Yoshida is there. If it's a bundle, again bundling it with Neo makes more sense.

DPtheGod

How would anything Neo related be revealed before the Neo is officially unveiled?

Really curious as to why Yoshida is there. If it's a bundle, again bundling it with Neo makes more sense.

I don't mean for Neo to be revealed there, sorry. I just mean the potential of it having Neo support since they are together there. I hope we see a PS4 bundle, too. Especially since XB1 has one, even if it's only for their contests.

Mr. Yoshida showing up has me quite intrigued as well.

Ray Down

Banned
I don't mean for Neo to be revealed there, sorry. I just mean the potential of it having Neo support since they are together there. I hope we see a PS4 bundle, too. Especially since XB1 has one, even if it's only for their contests.

Bundle time, or they reveal Yoshida a guest party member/NPC somewhere for lol's.

Siloeyes

Neo Member

Could just be more PSVR talk with the Prompto mission thing?

KupoNut

It's clear they were ramping up promotion for the September 30 launch. Really wonder if they can hold out promotion wise through October and November too without spoiling too much endgame content.

The ATR is going to be a Gamescom-recap, they did that too after E3 and it didn't have much interesting things in it aside from a look at the DLC costumes and car skins.

I'd love for confirmed neo support too, but I guess they can't announce that till Sep 7th either :(

redfox088

Banned
Where's all the persona stuff?
You know what scratch that wrong thread just haven't heard anything about that game and it's supposed to come out soon....

StereoVsn

How can there a be a bundle reveal when the PS4 Slim is not revealed till the 7th? They are not going to do a bundle with OG PS4.

Tyaren

Weren't the last couple of ATRs all Japan exclusive/relevant and didn't actually bring much interesting to the table?
I wonder why they completely stopped with the ATRs as they were before... Always looked forward to them, even though they were sometimes a bit diappointing.

I wonder how Nozue feels about western reception to Kingsglaive.He must be distraught.

I always feel so heartbroken for them when something like this happen. My heart still hasn't healed from feeling bad for Toriyama for XIII trilogy reception, regardless of my own feelings towards the sequels :(

HeelPower

I always feel so heartbroken for them when something like this happen. My heart still hasn't healed from feeling bad for Toriyama for XIII trilogy reception, regardless of my own feelings towards the sequels :(

It was so harshly received though.
8% on RT is just devastating.

Weren't the last couple of ATRs all Japan exclusive/relevant and didn't actually bring much interesting to the table?
I wonder why they completely stopped with the ATRs as they were before... Always looked forward to them, even though they were sometimes a bit diappointing.

I guess it's time consuming to showcase specific slices of the game and whatnot. At least no one can accuse them of "lazy devs get back to work!". Having a ATR with the state of the game would be a bloodbath.

Koozek

I wonder how Nozue feels about western reception to Kingsglaive.He must be distraught.

I think it helps to see the fans' positive reactions and love, like during the premiere in London last night, which seems to have been a blast for the team and cast.

Longer blog post from a fan about the night:
http://kibasdaydreams.tumblr.com/post/149409479574/kingsglaive-final-fantasy-xv-uk-premiere

https://twitter.com/KHVitD/status/768379010816565248
https://twitter.com/Nova_Crystallis/status/768194530931773440
https://twitter.com/liam_mulvey/status/768144012595326977
https://twitter.com/bluehero/status/768428044931530752
https://twitter.com/pablo_ha55an/status/768207525959303168

DPtheGod

This looks great.

One of the poor reviews I read for it seemed to have no complaints outside of how the characters felt like they were talking to their scripts instead of each other, and then the names were weird for characters and locations.

Wtf?

True Fire

They look so drunk omg, you can even see the booze in the photos

wow, i love it when i discover ATR threads the day of. praying to Ramuh for a Day 1 Neo bundle

Toth

It was so harshly received though.
8% on RT is just devastating.

Game media liked it. Movie media did not. I can' blame them though. The movie is clearly made for fans and those interested in FF15. It just wasn't designed to be a stand alone release (hence the limited releases they went for).

DPtheGod

Oh, forgot to say that the app seems to be buggy somehow. It adds an hour too much. Your countdown should be an hour less, so just change the desired time to an hour earlier.

This should be correct, I think:
t1472353200z1.png

Haha damn that sucks. Thanks for the corrected link!

Hopefully a good showing and some nice announcements.

Hope we get to see something new and fascinating!

Game media liked it. Movie media did not. I can' blame them though. The movie is clearly made for fans and those interested in FF15. It just wasn't designed to be a stand alone release (hence the limited releases they went for).

I agree. I still havent watched it personally, am just waitimg for the 30th to hit! BUT people going into it knowing what it is seem to really like it.

I liked it (but hey, I work in the games media, so that bears what you say out) but like AC it isn't a good movie on the level of direction/dialogue/etc. It's convoluted and confusing, and that's me - I've followed Versus closely and know where all this is coming from, and yet... there's elements of the plot that still evade my understanding. I enjoyed most of it, but by the end I admit I'd been ready for it to be over for a good 15 minutes. So, I can see both sides.

TSW is the opposite; it has nothing to please fans (and is fairly unremarkable as a movie) but at least is a semi-decently made film, which is why it has a rotten tomatoes rating that's 4x higher than Kingsglaive. Kingsglaive doesn't have any of that, but it's packed with fanservice and there is some mega cool shit in it visually and in terms of nods and the like... much like AC. I have no desire to really watch it again though, but it did its job in helping me to be excited for the final version of FF15.

ViciousDS

Banned
I can't take it anymore...........will be watching along with the rest of FFXV GAF. I'll never forget the fun we had during the uncovered event in twitch chat. I think though.....its time to move with the times and take it to discord XD

we seriously need FFXV GAF discord going by now lol

Top Bottom