• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV new ATR + Dengeki event on 8/28

timshundo

That's Isamu Kamikokuryou for you.

I actually like the look of this room.

Haha sure, but something gets lost in translation from the concept paintings to actual execution. I loved the look of Luxerion when the concept art was revealed... but then the actual Luxerion....... guh.

LRFFXIII-Luxerion.jpg

follow-the-sound-of-her-shouting-.png

SOLDIER

No. People were calling Jihl "Sephiroth with boobs", and were extremely excited about her design and appearance in promotional materials but she got ruinga-ed after literally only having maybe 15 minutes of screen time in FF13.

My point has nothing to do with who Ardyn reminds you of. What I'm suggesting is that because Nomura did not design him, he will not end up as the game's main villain. Same thing happened with Jihl, she showed up in all the trailers and promotional work leading up to the game in FF13 but she wasn't designed by Nomura and wasn't used as the game's main villain.

I'm just getting a big case of deja vu.

Still had 10 minutes more screen time than Judge Drace.

The single most wasted FF character of all time.

wmlk

Haha sure, but something gets lost in translation from the concept paintings to actual execution. I loved the look of Luxerion when the concept art was revealed... but then the actual Luxerion....... guh.
And right now, a lot of XV assets don't look great with the downgrade. Hopefully things look up in the final few months. There's already been some improvement.

Philippo

No. People were calling Jihl "Sephiroth with boobs", and were extremely excited about her design and appearance in promotional materials but she got ruinga-ed after literally only having maybe 15 minutes of screen time in FF13.

My point has nothing to do with who Ardyn reminds you of. What I'm suggesting is that because Nomura did not design him, he will not end up as the game's main villain. Same thing happened with Jihl, she showed up in all the trailers and promotional work leading up to the game in FF13 but she wasn't designed by Nomura and wasn't used as the game's main villain.

I'm just getting a big case of deja vu.

Yeah that's what i'm thinking too, Tabata said they have a main villain that could rival Sephirot/Kefka/Kuja in terms of lasting impact, and if that's what they're aming for, they'll definitely go with a Nomura drawn character.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Yeah that's what i'm thinking too, Tabata said they have a main villain that could rival Sephirot/Kefka/Kuja in terms of lasting impact, and if that's what they're aming for, they'll definitely go with a Nomura drawn character.

I like the idea of Ardyn as main villain.... but I agree with you.

VariantX

Hope so anything is better than Bart, a big fucking head. I never finished 13-2 to judge Caius as good villian material.

Top Bottom