• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV new ATR + Dengeki event on 8/28

Nya

The generally more positive ones yes.

I am baffled at the huge differences in script between the JP and EN version. I will be playing with the JP dub for sure but damn it feels crappy that the subtitle will match the EN dub =/

Can I learn the entire Japanese language in 3 months? q_q

artsi

Dmax3901 confirmed in the other thread that scene has dialogue options.

So uh, localization downgrade (kind of) cancelled.

The worse VA still remains, though.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Language options won't change the subtitles.

私にとって英語も日本語も母国語ではないので大丈夫だ
Seriously though those must be two different variations of the same cutscene, you guys should stop panicking. For now.

Falk

that puzzling face
私にとって英語も日本語も母国語ではないので大丈夫だ
Seriously though those must be two different variations of the same cutscene, you guys should stop panicking. For now.

I hope Prompto's DLC episode is where you play as him in Ch0 and you're presented with the options:

- oh my god noctis is on fire
- seagulls!

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I hope Prompto's DLC episode is where you play as him in Ch0 and you're presented with the options:

- oh my god noctis is on fire
- seagulls!

△ - Keep your cool!
○ - That guy needs to chill out!
X - Let's kick some ice!
□ - Seagulls.

KupoNut

PS4:
ZcIJmIJ.jpg

Xbox One:
BSSlPts.jpg

Difference is noticeable

Ok, I am watching the vid, and frame dips when they rotate camera during the car moving scene is just video rendring, right? Right?

I didn't notice it being as bad in previous footage o_O

You'll get the same English subtitles no matter which voice over language you pick.

Luckily (or possibly unfortunately) I know enough spoken japanese to notice such discrepancies.

I still remember playing that one jrpg on PSP, something dragoon, I believe. The script was changed beyond recognition, hardly any name was retained and everything down to plotpoint spoken were changed. Yet they kept japense voice acting. i couldn't get grasp on the story, since people were saying one thing, subtitles were saying another...

ebil

You'll get the same English subtitles no matter which voice over language you pick.
Is it not possible to switch the whole game to Japanese? I've been asking this question for a long time and I have no idea whether it's been confirmed as something that's possible or not.

xion4360

Is it not possible to switch the whole game to Japanese? I've been asking this question for a long time and I have no idea whether it's been confirmed as something that's possible or not.

they might do that. they released JP language packs for XIII-2 and LR I think. Most of the game being in realtime helps. Also both demo's were dual language so they sort of set the expectation already.

EDIT

Ok so it was LR only and I remember it was free for a limited time

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...pack/cid=UP0082-BLUS31164_00-0000000000000020

ebil

they might do that. they released JP language packs for XIII-2 and LR I think. Most of the game being in realtime helps. Also both demo's were dual language so they sort of set the expectation already.
Yeah, I remember playing Duscae in Japanese with JP text so it would be weird to me if it wasn't available in the final game, but you never know. I don't like playing a game with Japanese voices and a different language for subtitles.

Luckily (or possibly unfortunately) I know enough spoken japanese to notice such discrepancies.

I find that it's always interesting, but slightly disconcerting when you find a difference. It takes you out of the scene, but not in a way that particularly bothers me.

AngryNeox

Neo Member
I can confirm, yeah.

I subtitled the Japanese version.

https://vid.me/0ywL
Maybe it's based on your decisions earlier? I could imagine such small details could be changed based on what you say or not say.

Btw guys be carefull on what you compare. Some scenes might be at a different time of day. Just look at the big bird part. One is at daytime and one is at night. And some other times it could be simply a bit more cloudy or not. Remember that.

DPtheGod

Guys, thought I'd share some interesting translations from the official FFXV forum by the user xXShuyaXx, who has been known to translate them in the past.

Tabata on the delay to 11/29
They didn't think long over to make the decision for the delay, but once they made the final master version and played it, they thought it was in a unacceptable state to release so made a prompt decision to delay it on the spot.

About Gamescom
The waiting time to play FFXV at gamescom was 7 hours.
They had many stage events prepared for the booth, but there were too many people that they were asked to cancel them for the safety of the crowd.

7 hour wait? Damn wtf. I wonder if they have Jimmy John's in Germany.

I am actually kind of glad in a way that they were immediate in their decision to delay the game.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Spoiler from Tabata about the time skip boss shown at the start of the 50 minute gameplay:

Fiery boss is NOT the last boss. He is Ifrit.

That was obvious from the beginning and given for granted I thought. Probably just to show in the future how the four are tired from a long lasting war scenario.I guess there will be a time skip forward once we take back Lucis and moving war against the enemy factions?

Tyaren

Spoiler from Tabata about the time skip boss shown at the start of the 50 minute gameplay:

Fiery boss is NOT the last boss. He is Ifrit.

Ah, good to get confirmation about this. I was telling people in here
he is definitely Ifrit and there's no way he's the last boss encounter.
From what we already know from the game and what we know from Kingsglaive, the ending will be pretty epic and large scale.
The encouter with Ifrit is almost cozy in comparison. ;)

timshundo

qVN4mxB.jpg

Ugly deteriorating wall textures, random wall paintings in frames, mismatched architectural features, gross floor... Looks like the Lightning Returns environment designers still work at Square Enix...

Tyaren

qVN4mxB.jpg

Ugly deteriorating wall textures, random wall paintings in frames, mismatched architectural features, gross floor... Looks like the Lightning Returns environment designers still work at Square Enix...

Lol, that is actually the exact same thing I was thinking when I saw the hotel scene for the first time too. I really disliked the look of Luxerion in LR.
The pictures on the wall would't even look that bad if they would actually match the lighting in that room...

qVN4mxB.jpg

Haha good point. That really is a terribly designed and decorated interior...

wmlk

To be fair, what we've seen of the interiors in Altissia are quite different. This is just how Lestallum is.

Setsu00

qVN4mxB.jpg

That's Isamu Kamikokuryou for you.

I actually like the look of this room.

True Fire

qVN4mxB.jpg

Hey, don't be judgmental! The man has a cane, I don't think he's able to decorate as well as he would like. Everyone's grandparents have mismatched living rooms!

People got Kuja vibes from her?
I never did. She reminded me a lot of an evil Quistis though.

Ardyn has this weird extravagence and slimy and schemy just like Kuja. Give him a man-thong and you pretty much got the same character (only... Ardyn tries to seem helpful and Kuja is a huge dick from the start...)

Edit: Yoshida Time!!!

No. People were calling Jihl "Sephiroth with boobs", and were extremely excited about her design and appearance in promotional materials but she got ruinga-ed after literally only having maybe 15 minutes of screen time in FF13.

My point has nothing to do with who Ardyn reminds you of. What I'm suggesting is that because Nomura did not design him, he will not end up as the game's main villain. Same thing happened with Jihl, she showed up in all the trailers and promotional work leading up to the game in FF13 but she wasn't designed by Nomura and wasn't used as the game's main villain.

I'm just getting a big case of deja vu.

Top Bottom