• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV's cut content volume is worth bringing up again.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Game was butchered to hell and back. I still Platinumed it because it's easy to do so but man what a waste. I love how when you glitch Aranea into your party permanently she has custom dialogue and animations at the camp sites, and Prompto can take random pics of her. She was obviously meant to be a member of the team but...they cut it off.

UnNamed

Banned
The most impressive thing of FFXV is the coherence within the story and in the game despite all the cuts, changes, butchering during all the years of development. Considering this, the story is actually good.
It could be waaaay worse.

Definitively the FF I loved the most, just below FF7, the game itself may be disappointing but the story of friendship between Noctis and his friends was top notch.
As someone said, it's not the destination that matters but the journey. And for me it was an epic journey.

Teslerum

A while back I posted to Reddit how I would improve the narrative structure of FFXV given the current FFXV universe. I tried to make it something that could happen realistically, so no major rewrites just simple additions, inserts and edits mainly to bring all of the FFXV universe into the singular game format and expand on story elements that needed it. It is a lengthy read but I can assure you that it is worth it as I put some time and thought into it and am proud of how it came through! At the time I posted it was fresh off of my FFXV playthrough consuming all of its media (trailers and novel included) in an appropriate sequential order similar to what can be seen in the post.

If SE/LumiPro would ever come back to this game, especially for its 10th/15th anniversary (2026/2031), and they were to implement at least some of the things I suggested it would completely transform the FFXV experience into a completely different game. And who knows what LumiPro are working on now that Forspoken has released and they are now undoubtedly working on their next project...

I know some would rather see a Versus reboot but I don't think that's feasible at this point and I would rather much see Nomura's ideas in KH4/Verum Rex and I think he does as well at this point... XV stands on its own now and has deviated to the point where it has its own identity but has too much of a similar image to Versus, making it redundant to be a thing and potentially a financial liability. I personally am of those that enjoyed the original ideas of Versus and what XV had to offer and unfortunately, both could not be fleshed out, and I wish the day would come that they are in the form of an FFXV COMPLETE so to speak and whatever the future is with KH and Verum Rex.

But anyway thank you if you took the time to read this and the linked post!

Sorry, but I hate all of that.

In my opinion, of course and it's clear we're focusing on different things. Which is fine. Don't take it to heart.

Last edited:

Tazzu

Sorry to necro this thread but what one Earth happened? Recently finished the game and I thought it was disjointed mess. Even if they took another few years or integrate the content and pad out the storytelling and pacing, this could've been a far superior game but still wouldn't be complete (though it wouldn't fix the combat). I really enjoyed FFXIII, but when it comes to XV, it has few redeeming qualities other than its blockbuster production values (though like the rest of the game its disjointed). If Nomura's team, had 2 full years and then Tabata's had another 3.5, how could they release it in such a state? Who even created all this cut content in the first place?

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Sorry to necro this thread but what one Earth happened? Recently finished the game and I thought it was disjointed mess. Even if they took another few years or integrate the content and pad out the storytelling and pacing, this could've been a far superior game (though it wouldn't fix the combat). I really enjoyed FFXIII, but when it comes to XV, it has few redeeming qualities other than its blockbuster production values (though like the rest of the game its disjointed). If Nomura's team, had 2 full years and then Tabata's had another 3.5, how could they release it in such a state? Who even created all this cut content in the first place?
I think Tabata has to start from zero and get the game shipped in 2 years.

The modern KotoR II.

NT80

I finished it last year and thought it was quite good actually. It was an up and down experience but it could be great at times and looked amazing on PC. I found the combat quite challenging and didn't abuse resurrection items. The story when you get the full picture through the DLC and book was really good. If the full story had been in the game with the cut content it would've been considerably better. What was laid out in the Luna section of the book sounded really interesting. I've never played any prior FF games though so I don't have any point of reference with this.

Go_Ly_Dow

Sorry to necro this thread but what one Earth happened? Recently finished the game and I thought it was disjointed mess. Even if they took another few years or integrate the content and pad out the storytelling and pacing, this could've been a far superior game (though it wouldn't fix the combat). I really enjoyed FFXIII, but when it comes to XV, it has few redeeming qualities other than its blockbuster production values (though like the rest of the game its disjointed). If Nomura's team, had 2 full years and then Tabata's had another 3.5, how could they release it in such a state? Who even created all this cut content in the first place?

The XV game we got shipped on a disc didn't have a 10 year dev cycle like some claim, although the project itself was cooking for 10 years in its entirety. I followed the project very closely with anitcipation from the first announcement and I think the dev history was something like this.

From the Versus announcement in 2006-2009, essentially just CGI and test development trying to see how they could pull off the vision (world map, cars, airships, city's etc on PS3) and this was largely done by a skeleton crew with the bulk of staff working on FFXIII and FFXIV.

2010-2011, pre-production shifted to small scale production and a small vertical slice of the final game and some gameplay was whipped together. But rebuilding FFXIV was still using up a ton of internal resources to give this the attention it needed for a timely release.

2012, internal wrangle over whether it should be cross-gen or next gen only and become a numbered entry. At some point this year the cross-gen plan was scrapped and they agreed to make it a numbered title and I think work on the Luminous engine properly began this year.

2013, they start fresh, PS4 gen only, Nomura asked for multi-part, similar to FFVIIR, but I believe a 2 part saga. Concept was formed which were the 2 E3 2013 trailers that excited fans who followed the project since 2006. The engine was far from complete and needed to be worked on alongside the actual games development.

All of the above covered here:

2013 - early 2014, head honcho's top down insisted on it being a one and done game, probably because of how the FFXIII sequels were recieved. I assume Nomura said this wasn't feasible with the concept and plot outline for the project. So then they replaced him with Tabata who was more of a project planner business type than an artist who'd anguish over the fine details like Nomura to get shit done. A lot of the old guard were moved over to FFVIIR, FFXIV, KH3 etc... Tabata brought in a new team of fresh recruits, gutted the project and simplified it to release in one game which emphasised the open world over distincly unique locales FF is known for. Hence why so many locations feel hollow and incomplete, whilst the open world aspect is kind of competent and made to a decent standard.

2014, work on Luminous continued but I assume was largely done, Stella cut for Luna plus many other changes, the Insomnia prologue cut and all of this reworked to be reused in the CGI movie, anime etc... I presume this is when development really swang into full production and for the new project vision and XV works we got. TGS trailer released which represented the new focus of the game.

2015, The Episode Duscae demo released in spring. I recall reception was largely positive for this vertical slice, but even at this stage the sweeping changes to game as the cut prologue, no character switching and aim to release the backstory to the game in other forms wasn't known to fans. Towards the end of this year fans were getting quite impatient not knowing a release year or release date and I think this is when it was insisted by the big wigs that is ships by the end of 2016.

2016, the CGI movie, anime and release date was announced at a big event for the game in Spring for September 30th. This was later pushed back to November 30th. This is when the 2nd open world was probably scrapped as they couldn't finish it in time. The game shipped and recieved mix reception which I recall leaned more negative than positive. So then they patched the hell out of it over the months ahead, added new gameplay features constantly, cutscenes and more.

So yeah the dev cycle for the game that shipped must have been about 2-3 years, which is quite nuts. They probably needed 4-5 years and in current industry I'm sure they'd have been afforded that (7R's and 16's dev cycle was about 5 years) but due to the overall project history some in the company were desperate to ship it and move on.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I finished it last year and thought it was quite good actually. It was an up and down experience but it could be great at times and looked amazing on PC. I found the combat quite challenging and didn't abuse resurrection items. The story when you get the full picture through the DLC and book was really good. If the full story had been in the game with the cut content it would've been considerably better. What was laid out in the Luna section of the book sounded really interesting. I've never played any prior FF games though so I don't have any point of reference with this.
I loved it too. That ending is a tear jerker

Astral Dog

Its a shame what happened but i think fans should just move on and appreciate the new projects Square Enix is developing

I guess they had a lot of trouble fitting their vision on last generation consoles using their own game Engine, ditching it for UE4 was one of their best decisions as a company , they needed resources for Kingdom Hearts 3 and FFXIII 'Versus' was moved to a different team ,even if the end result wasn't perfect.their most ambitious project before that was FFXIII

yes it took a lot of time for SE to improve, but its not too bad now, FFXIV got revamped, FFXVI is good, FFVII Rebirth looks fantastic, Nier Automata was a big hit,Kingdom Hearts is back and looks better than ever.

These projects don't always turn out like everybody hopes even with their best intentions, but Final Fantasy as a brand is still strong after so many years,proof that this company doesn't give up, thats good 👍

Sephimoth

I had its moments, but really didnt like the combat.

The lunafreya death scene could have been amazing if theyd bothered to build her character up beforehand.

I did enjoy driving round to ff7 soundtrack though, so theres's that

Last edited:

YukiOnna

The XV game we got shipped on a disc didn't have a 10 year dev cycle like some claim, although the project itself was cooking for 10 years in its entirety. I followed the project very closely with anitcipation from the first announcement and I think the dev history was something like this.

From the Versus announcement in 2006-2009, essentially just CGI and test development trying to see how they could pull off the vision (world map, cars, airships, city's etc on PS3) and this was largely done by a skeleton crew with the bulk of staff working on FFXIII and FFXIV.

2010-2011, pre-production shifted to small scale production and a small vertical slice of the final game and some gameplay was whipped together. But rebuilding FFXIV was still using up a ton of internal resources to give this the attention it needed for a timely release.

2012, internal wrangle over whether it should be cross-gen or next gen only and become a numbered entry. At some point this year the cross-gen plan was scrapped and they agreed to make it a numbered title and I think work on the Luminous engine properly began this year.

2013, they start fresh, PS4 gen only, Nomura asked for multi-part, similar to FFVIIR, but I believe a 2 part saga. Concept was formed which were the 2 E3 2013 trailers that excited fans who followed the project since 2006. The engine was far from complete and needed to be worked on alongside the actual games development.

2013 - early 2014, head honcho's top down insisted on it being a one and done game, probably because of how the FFXIII sequels were recieved. I assume Nomura said this wasn't feasible with the concept and plot outline for the project. So then they replaced him with Tabata who was more of a project planner business type than an artist who'd anguish over the fine details like Nomura to get shit done. A lot of the old guard were moved over to FFVIIR, FFXIV, KH3 etc... Tabata brought in a new team of fresh recruits, gutted the project and simplified it to release in one game which emphasised the open world over distincly unique locales FF is known for. Hence why so many locations feel hollow and incomplete, whilst the open world aspect is kind of competent and made to a decent standard.

2014, work on Luminous continued but I assume was largely done, Stella cut for Luna plus many other changes, the Insomnia prologue cut and all of this reworked to be reused in the CGI movie, anime etc... I presume this is when development really swang into full production and for the new project vision and XV works we got. TGS trailer released which represented the new focus of the game.

2015, The Episode Duscae demo released in spring. I recall reception was largely positive for this vertical slice, but even at this stage the sweeping changes to game as the cut prologue, no character switching and aim to release the backstory to the game in other forms wasn't known to fans. Towards the end of this year fans were getting quite impatient not knowing a release year or release date and I think this is when it was insisted by the big wigs that is ships by the end of 2016.

2016, the CGI movie, anime and release date was announced at a big event for the game in Spring for September 30th. This was later pushed back to November 30th. This is when the 2nd open world was probably scrapped as they couldn't finish it in time. The game shipped and recieved mix reception which I recall leaned more negative than positive. So then they patched the hell out of it over the months ahead, added new gameplay features constantly, cutscenes and more.

So yeah the dev cycle for the game that shipped must have been about 2-3 years, which is quite nuts. They probably needed 4-5 years and in current industry I'm sure they'd have been afforded that (7R's and 16's dev cycle was about 5 years) but due to the overall project history some in the company were desperate to ship it and move on.

Nomura will save Versus w/ Verum Rex. I won't let go and I still feel pain everytime I think about what I didn't get

Tazzu

Interesting read. I do remember initial reaction being positive, reviewers were saying it was flawed but a return to form.

Do you know how much of the engine work is shared between the teams? How much did Realm Reborn work off of Crystal Tools and Luminous. Likewise how does the XVI engine factor in this all.

It's scary that games are taking this long to make and the pressure that comes with it to perform well. In those years the industry can change hugely, how is a team supposed to keep its morale up when the end point is so far away?

Worst of all, XV was a steep drop in sales in Japan and XVI seems to be almost a non-event now.

Last edited:

Larxia

Oh hey this thread again, I was pretty happy when I saw people using my videos as reference for this :messenger_grinning_smiling:
FF XV is really a love / hate thing, it really has its flaw and it's such a wasted potential, it's a shame that it isn't what it "could have been", but I still really like it anyway, I'm just really attached to the project after following it for so long, there's something special about it.

Also if anyone here is interested, I've been working on a mod for Kingdom Hearts III, the Insomnia Mod. The goal of the project is to recreate Insomnia as it should have been in FF VS XIII. I'm using the ardyn map as a base layout, and I'm expanding it with my own areas, recreating places seen in concept arts and trailer for Versus XIII, I'm also using some references from Kingsglaive.

You can see renders of different iconic VS XIII places I recreated here:

And here is a trailer for my Kingdom Hearts III mod. It's still a work in progress, but it's getting there.

I hope it's not wrong sharing this, as some kind of "self promo" or something, I just think it fits the thread and some people might be interested.

VS XIII / XV is a project I'm really passionated about, which is why I'm doing this, and I always like sharing and talking about the whole story around these games.

Last edited:

IAmRei

i enjoyed the game, especially the combat and the (limited) exploration because cut contents. well, maybe in another world complete ff xv existed.

Dis

Game was butchered to hell and back. I still Platinumed it because it's easy to do so but man what a waste. I love how when you glitch Aranea into your party permanently she has custom dialogue and animations at the camp sites, and Prompto can take random pics of her. She was obviously meant to be a member of the team but...they cut it off.

I wonder what this scene was supposed to be about.

UYE7nLE.jpg

From TGS 2014.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Let's not.

It still hurts.

And I say this as someone that played the game after all dlcs were out, plus Royal version, the anime, movie, etc. Loved the experience, characters, lore etc...but it was frustrating because you could feel a much bigger game waiting to happen and it never did ...
Same. I loved it and it was meant to be so much more.

Go_Ly_Dow

Interesting read. I do remember initial reaction being positive, reviewers were saying it was flawed but a return to form.

Do you know how much of the engine work is shared between the teams? How much did Realm Reborn work off of Crystal Tools and Luminous. Likewise how does the XVI engine factor in this all.

It's scary that games are taking this long to make and the pressure that comes with it to perform well. In those years the industry can change hugely, how is a team supposed to keep its morale up when the end point is so far away?

Worsy of all, XV was a steep drop in sales in Japan and XVI seems to be almost a non-event now.

It's really hard to figure out what happened with the engine debacle but my take...

FFXIII, XIII-2 and LR also use a form of the OG crystal tools. Great for visuals, cutscenes and linear environments. Awful for anything else.

VersusXIII was using this and it was why they couldn't get it to work on PS3.

XIV original used OG ct and it also gave them nightmares.

XIV 2.0 and the expansions I think they took ct and basically built it again from the ground up into something new that was far more versatile and easy to work with. Yoshida said this was the priority before they even thought about rebuilding the actual game.

XV is Luminous that was made from the ground up and far removed from ct. Luminous was very well received for it but then poorly received for Forspoken and inconsistent. Really odd.

XVI I think took the new XIV 2.0 engine and applied a ton of new modern tech to it, perhaps some things borrowed from Luminous and other techniques from across the industry. It will be interesting to see what they do with this tech going forward, will it power XVII?

Yeah I agree that 5-7 year dev cycles is a nightmare given how much can change in that time. Which is why UE4 and the 3rd party outsourcing network Japanese devs have built over the PS4 Gen into this gen is helping them a lot.

Last edited:
Nomura will save Versus w/ Verum Rex. I won't let go and I still feel pain everytime I think about what I didn't get
I think they will remake 13 and 15 in 20-30 years.

They both sold really well and have good story potential, but also both need remakes pretty badly. However, it's way too soon and either one announced before that amount of time would piss everyone off.

Seyken

This one still hurts to this day. If I'm honest with myself, I know somewhere deep inside I still hold hope that this project will see a remake of sorts with Nomura's original vision. They dropped so many story ideas, I remember that originally Noctis had a red eye that was supposed to be able to see how much time people had until their deaths and other interesting stuff like that.

I think a "remake" is feasible and at not such a high cost. Besides changing the story, with the amount of assets already done, they'd just need to touch up some stuff and focus on working on the gameplay, making exploration fun and creating an actual good combat system. Oh well, a man can dream.

Same ol G

Mainly this game and partly FF7R made me not preorder FF16.
I was so disappointed with SE for releasing this, i also never watched the movie or anime.
I refuse to watch a movie or anime to understand a story that should've been told in the game.

Last edited:
Its a shame what happened but i think fans should just move on and appreciate the new projects Square Enix is developing

I guess they had a lot of trouble fitting their vision on last generation consoles using their own game Engine, ditching it for UE4 was one of their best decisions as a company , they needed resources for Kingdom Hearts 3 and FFXIII 'Versus' was moved to a different team ,even if the end result wasn't perfect.their most ambitious project before that was FFXIII

yes it took a lot of time for SE to improve, but its not too bad now, FFXIV got revamped, FFXVI is good, FFVII Rebirth looks fantastic, Nier Automata was a big hit,Kingdom Hearts is back and looks better than ever.

These projects don't always turn out like everybody hopes even with their best intentions, but Final Fantasy as a brand is still strong after so many years,proof that this company doesn't give up, thats good 👍
Ironically, I have not bought a new game developed by Square Enix since they cancelled Versus XIII. The only recently published (by them) game I bought was made by Koei Tecmo's Team Ninja (i.e. Strangers of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin).

Scotty W

Gold Member
You people are such Philistines. You do not realize that cutting content is a necessary part of making the content. You care nothing for the harmony of the parts, you just want a bigger pile of stuff. If you had that stuff, it would just be fodder for you to complain about, in fact you might actually complain that there is too much content. Even if you had the content and enjoyed it, you wouldn’t care, it would be completely meaningless to you- that’s why there are 100 great unplayed games in your backlog!

You people are such Philistines. You do not realize that cutting content is a necessary part of making the content. You care nothing for the harmony of the parts, you just want a bigger pile of stuff. If you had that stuff, it would just be fodder for you to complain about, in fact you might actually complain that there is too much content. Even if you had the content and enjoyed it, you wouldn’t care, it would be completely meaningless to you- that’s why there are 100 great unplayed games in your backlog!
I am fine with cutting content. I have a problem with turning gold to shit. Like a political revenge plot turned into a bachelor party gone wrong.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

A bit insulting and also jumping to conclusions to assume we are simply criticising the game for not having enough content. Many here are criticising the multi-media approach of splitting the game into a movie, an anime, novels etc... which suggests we do care about the harmony of parts. In my opinion having to watch an anime and a CGI movie before even playing the game to understand the story properly broke that harmony. Again, some here are also criticising the company for shipping the game we got in an unfinished state which required months of patches to resolve. Also some discussion on what was presented and marketed vs what we got.

What's your issue here?

Last edited:
Games like FFXV underscore just how crucial the role of producer is in video game development, and as the game's lead producer, Shinji Hashimoto bears a lot of responsibility for how it turned out. One of the most important things a producer is responsible for is ensuring that the director's creative vision is attainable with the resources available to the project (time, money, people, technology, etc). Nomura's original vision clearly wasn't attainable, and yet apparently nobody stepped in to address this until several years into the development of Versus XIII. Eventually they brought in Tabata so that they could eventually release something, but he simply isn't a very good director based on his track record, and FFXV contained a lot of the same flaws that were characteristic of his previous projects (Type-0, especially).

I would be curious to know what the game could have been like if Nomura had been paired with a better producer like Yoshi-P.

Reactions: Gp1

GrouchyGamer

Neo Member
I loved this game. Yes it had some weak parts but overall it was epic. Would buy a directors cut and play through ot again if they ever release one.

YukiOnna

I think they will remake 13 and 15 in 20-30 years.

They both sold really well and have good story potential, but also both need remakes pretty badly. However, it's way too soon and either one announced before that amount of time would piss everyone off.
Would be nice, XIII had two sequels with pretty interesting gameplay ideas and XIII-2 in particular was a ton of fun, so I'd like to see it. XV/Versus for obvious reasons, it would be the bigger project, but worth it in the end assuming he's still wanting to depict that concept and idea.

Games like FFXV underscore just how crucial the role of producer is in video game development, and as the game's lead producer, Shinji Hashimoto bears a lot of responsibility for how it turned out. One of the most important things a producer is responsible for is ensuring that the director's creative vision is attainable with the resources available to the project (time, money, people, technology, etc). Nomura's original vision clearly wasn't attainable, and yet apparently nobody stepped in to address this until several years into the development of Versus XIII. Eventually they brought in Tabata so that they could eventually release something, but he simply isn't a very good director based on his track record, and FFXV contained a lot of the same flaws that were characteristic of his previous projects (Type-0, especially).

I would be curious to know what the game could have been like if Nomura had been paired with a better producer like Yoshi-P.
Reminds me Kitase has now taken over Hashimoto's original role and is the FF IP manager, so I'm curious how future projects will pan out and whether or not he'll keep up being Producer.

Brazen

FFXV could've been improved by simply editing the movie as part of the intro to make it work cohesively and utilizing those animes of Noctis's childhood at various campsites (noctis revisits his past in his dreams or whatever) within the game along the journey. The story was good when you had everything together in your mind imo, so to me the failure was in the execution, not the content. You need the story IN the game to flesh it out, it really was that simple. They could have fixed it during post-release patches or during their DLC waves even. It wouldn't have become a masterpiece or anything but still could have redeemed a lot of ill faith moving forward with minimal effect as the work was already done, the movie/animes already served their promotional baggage. I've no clue what the hell were thinking at the time...

Still enjoyed the game for what it was but the sour taste of disappointment will forever remain.

proandrad

People are so in love with this Sasake looking mofo and the urban city setting that they have convince themselves that FFXV could have been better than FFXVI if only FFXV was a completely different game. The game you guys had in your heads never existed.

Last edited:
FFXV could've been improved by simply editing the movie as part of the intro to make it work cohesively and utilizing those animes of Noctis's childhood at various campsites (noctis revisits his past in his dreams or whatever) within the game along the journey. The story was good when you had everything together in your mind imo, so to me the failure was in the execution, not the content. You need the story IN the game to flesh it out, it really was that simple. They could have fixed it during post-release patches or during their DLC waves even. It wouldn't have become a masterpiece or anything but still could have redeemed a lot of ill faith moving forward with minimal effect as the work was already done, the movie/animes already served their promotional baggage. I've no clue what the hell were thinking at the time...

Still enjoyed the game for what it was but the sour taste of disappointment will forever remain.
Exactly.

People put together what content you'd have to consume chronologically in order to understand the story of the video game FFXV and it's utterly ridiculous.

Edit: However on the small, bright side, somehow this splash of content in different forms of media may have worked in the game's favor due to it being one of the top selling FF games. That doesn't excuse it from being a mess though because FF7 did a similar thing with content but kept everything cohesive yet separated, so that you didn't need to play games like Dirge of Cerberus or Crisis Core in order to get the full general story of FF7.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

People are so in love with this Sasake looking mofo and the urban city setting that they have convince themselves that FFXV could have been better than FFXVI if only FFXV was a completely different game. The game you guys had in your heads never existed.

Cool, we're not solely talking about that, rather the game that was shipped, how it released unfinished, how it was marketed, how it was split into multi-media (with most thinking that was a mistake) and about it's project history in generally. It's a wide ranging discussion. But carry on I guess..

YukiOnna

I don't know what it has to do with XVI. It's simply about a game that originally had a team, concept, setting set out for it that never got the light of day and instead a very different title that destroyed itself through poor multi-media and being incomplete while mixing everything here and there into a "single" package that could be released ASAP. Even if you remove the Versus XIII "Sasake looking mofo and the urban city setting" aspect, it's still an incomplete game that's frustrating to think about or experience. Just to remind you, they cancelled an entire set of planned DLC and shuttered support on it.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Make invasion of Insomnia playable.

Reincorporate cut trailer scenes involving child Noctis.

Have the dlc episodes integrated with the story.

Cut about a quarter of Noctis' portion of chapter 13, and make portions of the Gladio route through chapter 13 mandatory to break up monotony.

Keep Royal Edition updates.

Retool Comrades to be less insanely grindy if played solo and incorporate it as a side mode so ICANGETMYFUCKING100%TROPHYCOUNTMOTHERFUCKERSSHIT

Finish canceled DLC episodes and add as side mode.

There. I just made a Complete Edition Remaster.

Last edited:

Bernardougf

Gold Member
You can polish a horse's turd how many times you want ... worst AAA game of the ps4 generation IMO ... byyyyy far

F u c k this G a M e

Game was so bad that SE decided to make a fucking devil may cry retarded clone ...

No salvation whatsoever

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
You can polish a horse's turd how many times you want ... worst AAA game of the ps4 generation IMO ... byyyyy far

F u c k this G a M e

Game was so bad that SE decided to make a fucking devil may cry retarded clone ...

No salvation whatsoever

Are these Dragonforce lyrics?

Reminds me Kitase has now taken over Hashimoto's original role and is the FF IP manager, so I'm curious how future projects will pan out and whether or not he'll keep up being Producer.

Kitase isn't as efficient as Yoshi-P, but at least his games come out finished and with generally good quality.

YukiOnna

Kitase isn't as efficient as Yoshi-P, but at least his games come out finished and with generally good quality.
Yeah, it's different jobs anyway since he is head of CBU1 and all the titles under that, as well. I do hope he isn't fully transitioning out of the Game Dev side and moving into Executive territory till at least a decade more, I think it's important he remains the Brand manager for now.

night13x

lol this topic again...just a reminder of what an amazing game this could have been if it wasn't mismanaged so heavily.

In a dream in a parallel universe - Square would realize how much of a potential gold mine this game can still be and "remake" the game as FFv13 as intended with nomura's vision. But that will never happen.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Final Fantasy fans don't know what they want. This game was actually fucking good. It looks and plays way better than the original trailers.

We don't know what was Nomura's story but the one we got was good as well. I have platinumed this game twice and my major criticism was that the introduction to the characters and world should have been MUCH longer than what we got. Maybe the cut content could have helped.

Go_Ly_Dow

Final Fantasy fans don't know what they want. This game was actually fucking good. It looks and plays way better than the original trailers.

We don't know what was Nomura's story but the one we got was good as well. I have platinumed this game twice and my major criticism was that the introduction to the characters and world should have been MUCH longer than what we got. Maybe the cut content could have helped.

This is true, but also just that FF6-10 and arguably 12 are all masterpieces depending on your tastes and set ridiculously high standards. So now we ask for the world. :pie_raybans:

However all those games benefitted from much simpler and affordable visual presentation, game design too and so after 15, 7R and 16 (the latter two which I enjoyed greatly) I've come to expect there will be a trade off somewhere when pursuing CG/photo realistic like visuals whilst also trying to create a full game world and a 30-50 hour story game that can be profitable at around 4-5mil sales.

Last edited:
Top Bottom