• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 7-13 | Smash our expectations

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I think we should just categorize anime as any game that is still using spritework in 2014 and be done with it. Really don't need to have this conversation every week

I thought it was a more of a joke within this community. If you basically boil it down, they're all animated so...
incoming rage in 3, 2, 1.

Dahbomb

I was listening but not watching, did we actually see whatever he did to the pad to break it?
He broke the analogy stick of the controller right off according to the commentators.

He just threw his controller down like how people spike the football after a touchdown.

I thought it was a more of a joke within this community.

I think it's kind of a joke that ended up, over time, becoming a legitimate means of classification for a lot of people. They kinda worked backwards from the name.

Because yeah, considering the development of all these fighters, the people in charge of the art design, the artwork/aesthetics that have come to be praised and made iconic over the decades of the genre - almost every fighting game that's been released has roots in anime.

Kimosabae

Banned
A wall is but an innocent and dispassionate bystander, often only casually observing your shortcomings as a Marvel tournament player. Hence, there is often a significant lack of satisfaction associated with punching one.

Kumubou

A wall is but an innocent and dispassionate bystander, often only casually observing your shortcomings as a Marvel tournament player. Hence, there is often a significant lack of satisfaction associated with punching one.
I've seen walls get punched out at fighting game tournaments, though. Hell, in extreme situations I've seen controllers and walls get damaged from too much salt.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I think it's kind of a joke that ended up, over time, becoming a legitimate means of classification for a lot of people. They kinda worked backwards from the name.

Because yeah, considering the development of all these fighters, the people in charge of the art design, the artwork/aesthetics that have come to be praised and made iconic over the decades of the genre - almost every fighting game that's been released has roots in anime.

Practically, nice insight.

Kimosabae

Banned
I've seen walls get punched out at fighting game tournaments, though. Hell, in extreme situations I've seen controllers and walls get damaged from too much salt.

I've heard stories over the years of people fracturing bones in their hands, not knowing the wall was reinforced.

Stupid.

Guys, throwing controllers in anger is not new. Been happening since the nes days!

Though maybe not in public, hehe.

This is why i loved big ole American cabs back in the day. I've seen so many screens and control panels punched hard as shit. I've done it as well. That particle board and Plexiglas can take dat abuse.

Guys, throwing controllers in anger is not new. Been happening since the nes days!

This is why i loved big ole American cabs back in the day. I've seen so many screens and control panels punched hard as shit. I've done it as well. That particle board and Plexiglas can take dat abuse.

also those nes controllers were durable as fuck

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I hope Crazy Joe bodies Flux so we can have a FAIR AND HONEST top 4.

Welp, its a rematch now sadly. I hope Coach takes it.

that it can. man the salt.

ismk

The tournament is expected to finish at around 11/12 and all the NYC boys have to drive back and endure a 5 and 1/2 hour trip back, that sucks ass.

Top Bottom