• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 30 - Jan 5 | Rest in peace, Nelson "Remix" Reyes

kirblar

My contention is that the second person does not exist. Everyone cares about winning, which is why the people you call non-competitive tend to hate competitive people. They are made uncomfortable by their skill level and aggression because it highlights how mediocre they are. Thus the invention of the Sirlin definition of "cheap". It makes them feel better about their weakness.

I would way that a courageous person actively seeks out competition. Competitiveness is a core part of human nature.
I care about winning, but I know I don't have the reflexes/execution (and have developed 20 years of TCG experience I can leverage better.) I'm the guy who goes 3-17 with Kadey and has a blast.

I bitch because I care. :p

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Nobody really plays it to reach the later stage, but it's still a 2 combos and you are dead game potentially.
Potentially, yes. But shit still has problems with timeouts. People can convert into so much at midrange so they play things super passively. I think it's only really a problem at a high level, though, and definitely not as bad as it used to be.

Threi

notag
"I'd rather fight Cammy than Dudley."

Smug has these guys shook.
I'd much rather fight Cammy than Dudley. Any day.

I guess it really depends on whether you character has a viable ground reversal or not. Cause if not...you are getting rolled over by duds.

El Sloth

Banned
I'd much rather fight Cammy than Dudley. Any day.

I guess it really depends on whether you character has a viable ground reversal or not. Cause if not...you are getting rolled over by duds.
I don't know, man. I would rather fight Cammy instead of Smug, but any other Dudley? I'll take the Dudley. Then again, I main Rose. Although, I'd feel the same if I was playing Dhalsim.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Would be really nice if the White Fighting Edge did come out this week. I need another stick to beat up on. And by beat up I mean touch it lightly.

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
Ok I know you and Valle have always been friends to the NRS community but I want to say I don't think this point is fair. Yes there's a lot of guys in our community who shit on injustice but we can't do anything about that. We can't silence CD Jr and the like. But those guys shouldn't speak for us. Trust me no one thinks of those guys as our community leaders anymore, they've been replaced by new blood like Theo who's a WNF regular.

IMO you might be biased because you're NY and sadly the game seems to have died down badly and not recovered post patch like it has in other areas. Since that last patch the vibe is way more positive except NY it seems.

I am pretty much biased for the most part. Hope you guys can keep the positive momentum going, sorry it's dead over here. Like I've been saying, Injustice top 8's on stream with the last patch have been some of the best to watch to date.

Top Bottom