• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 30 - Jan 5 | Rest in peace, Nelson "Remix" Reyes

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";95278657]Dat sign on then immediately sign off mixup.

At least I finally figured out how to get strange loops off a raw tag from C.Viper.[/QUOTE]
Lol, my wife was exercising. She uses the PS3 a lot.

for those of you who play with stick on your laps, how do you keep it from moving side to side as you mash on the stick?

(ʳ ´º㉨º)p

for those of you who play with stick on your laps, how do you keep it from moving side to side as you mash on the stick?

(ʳ ´º㉨º)p

what kind of stick do you have? If you have an SE variant, godspeed. The TE sized ones are heavy and wide enough that they don't really move at all

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
When is Q back? I miss his bubblegum Makoto play.
Hmm?
Blazblue is too hard. Too many things to remember, and combos for each state is making my head hurt. I pretty much will never get better because its too much work. And forget learning other characters.
Who are you playing as? The game requires a unique mindset for learning each character and there are steps to learning them that make it easier. Trying to go all in and learn all at once is the WRONG AS FUCK thing to do with these games.

I could walk you through learning most of the cast if anyone in the BB thread doesn't already specialize in that character. Ask for tips there as well :p

But like any good fighter expect to lose for a while against people that have been playing longer. BB was prototype's first 2d fighter he took seriously and by the end of CT he was on par with me and that's coming from me playing GG since GG1

Horseress

Hmm?

Who are you playing as? The game requires a unique mindset for learning each character and there are steps to learning them that make it easier. Trying to go all in and learn all at once is the WRONG AS FUCK thing to do with these games.

Damn, already back?! I wonder if the other guys are back as well
not decard cain not decard cain not decard cain

Horseress

They are. I was looking at the dragon's crown thread and saw I wasn't banned so I went to check. Cain is still banned though.

floe_becomes_the_bosh8lrqf.gif

Alright, so Dhalsim confuses me. He has a lot of similar moves, and I need help differentiating them.

-three slides
-c.HP vs. s.HP
-what is yoga tower for?
-rdp.PPP vs. rdp.KKK
-the game doesnt list all his command normals for some reason
-general tips?

Wao vs Daigo featuring a very dapper Tokido. Pretty much any of Wao's recent topanga matches are great. Wao vs Mago is another good one.
Thank you.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Alright, so Dhalsim confuses me. He has a lot of similar moves, and I need help differentiating them.

-three slides
-c.HP vs. s.HP
-what is yoga tower for?
-rdp.PPP vs. rdp.KKK
-general tips?

Thank you.

I'm pretty bad and can't give exact info but, the 3 slides are used to go under fireballs different distances or set up throws not sure of all their frame data.

Yoga tower is another fireball dodging move if you dont want to move forward

Learn how to tiger knee teleport

Practice his anti air stuff, I don't remember the inputs :D but the upwards hand thrust, the knee, and his half screen kick are all solid tools

Nycfurby and Satyamdas would be the two guys to ask for Dhalsim advice, but furby doesn't post a lot and Saty is perma banned.

Watch a lot of FChamp to see different uses for yoga tower, it dodges a lot of stuff.

Gotta say though being banned made my already shit Xmas extra shitty. Oh well lesson learned.

So how bad is Dahbomb's connection?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";95286037]So how bad is Dahbomb's connection?[/QUOTE]As bad as me and you playing MvC3 that one time when you used nemisis

pretty sure using a topic of death in a light that's disrespectful is a perma

I don't think he was being disrespectful to remix tho. Actually I'm pretty sure the only people he aimed his disrespect was at FGC-gaf for not saying "RIP" as soon as news broke out that he died.

-three slides
-c.HP vs. s.HP
-what is yoga tower for?
-rdp.PPP vs. rdp.KKK
-general tips?

-basically the short slide is to avoid fireballs at mid-far range and have a lot of time to return with your own fireball/poke. the rh slide punishes fireballs at closer range and gives you a knockdown to setup a mixup or create space.
-cHP hits low but sHP hits further away and has slightly better frame data. sHP is good for trading with fireballs at long range.
-yoga tower avoids fireballs and low attacks so you can punish or gain advantage in a lot of situations.
-KKK version travels farther. it just lets you have more control over picking your spots. Creating distance is important, but you have to watch out for cornering yourself. Generally the air version is better, but it's important to note that you can cancel into a ground teleport off a close normal to get away when your opponent is pressuring you.
-he has command normals on every button standing crouching or in the air. it's basically neutral for long normals, back for close normals.

general tips:
don't use U1 on wakeup when your opponent is next to you. it has stalking flare startup time.
your basic mixup on U1 is crouching strong/jump back fierce at midrange, back jab/short slide at close range. U1 also gives you an extra chance to re-establish yourself at midrange when you're being pressured and is a great trade anti-air.
your anti airs are back strong and back roundhouse for standard jump ins, super and ex upblast for scarier situations which gives you a knockdown, medium kick and roundhouse kick for neutral jumps at midrange, jump back fierce and medium punch are your air to airs
don't forget you can air teleport behind people when they commit to a jump or some craziness just like with dormammu.
be really patient and focus on blocking if your opponent is on top of you, and look for an opportunity to slip a back short in between the pressure.
use the backdash sparingly to hold onto a range you like.
if you get a midrange knockdown you can throw a fireball and follow up with one of your air teleports for a simple mixup that also gets you away from the corner.
All you can really do about focus attacks is throw a lot of fireballs then poke them out of the focus.
Try not to get to angry against vortex characters.
Don't abuse standing HP too much, some characters can get pretty wacky punishes if they expect it.
You can occasionally use the HP and RH drills to escape the corner, and the LK and MK drills shorten your jumps for little baits or hopping fireballs.

djHuoshen

Neo Member
There are already mods for Xbox One?

He figured out a decent mod within a week of getting his hands on the XBOne. The week after the console was released, there was a tournament in Richmond, VA (River City Runbacks) where he was doing mods for people's sticks. Kinda expensive at the moment though, but he's able to do all four for people, and will discount the mod if you bring him a functional next gen pad.

vocab

Hmm?

I could walk you through learning most of the cast if anyone in the BB thread doesn't already specialize in that character. Ask for tips there as well :p

Azrael. Id like to learn wolf man, but I have no idea where to start.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I don't think he was being disrespectful to remix tho. Actually I'm pretty sure the only people he aimed his disrespect was at FGC-gaf for not saying "RIP" as soon as news broke out that he died.

It was before when he was still in the hospital.
Azrael. Id like to learn wolf man, but I have no idea where to start.
I can dig up some Valk stuff if you want he's an excellent character, more so if you love being highly mobile with fancy looking combos with solid mix up options and strong pressure. He's a technical character that will take some time, but once you get him down you most likely wont enjoy many other characters besides probably Tao.

Here's an example of one of his tricks http://youtu.be/VZR8i5xIz2c

As far as combo's go start in challenge mode to get the hang of how the character works input wise. Watch how the cpu does stuff and enable the beeping noise to hear when the game expects you to input your buttons.

As far as learning how to fight, your goal is to learn 2 block strings for mix up reasons, and 2 bnb's that are easy to do at first *hitting crouching/non crouch, 1 throw combo, * and 1 counter/fatal counter combo based combo. It doesn't have to be anything super strong or fancy at first just something solid you can pull off consistently while you get the hang of your character's normals and movement.

vocab

Well I learned all I can with Azrael a while back. I got up to the trial with two 1 frame links and said fuck that. I have a few combos and can hokuto no Ken to the corner and stuff, but some of the other stuff I cant do consistently or do at all because it has a weird timing or it has something I don't understand.

I'll try to learn some valk. Don't know if I can keep up with a difficult character.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Well I learned all I can with Azrael a while back. I got up to the trial with two 1 frame links and said fuck that. I have a few combos and can hokuto no Ken to the corner and stuff, but some of the other stuff I cant do consistently or do at all because it has a weird timing or it has something I don't understand.

I'll try to learn some valk. Don't know if I can keep up with a difficult character.

Like I said before you don't have to learn everything at once. Take each step of learning a character slowly. Hell I'm still slowly putting in Mak OD combos into my gameplay. You have to remember the game has been out for over a year so people playing and doing super good and crazy shit is a part of that. Take the game in at your own pace but make sure you have set goals on what you want to practice.

If it takes you one practice session to get down how your normals chain into other normals that's perfectly fine. One of the biggest things that feels good about arc sys games is when you have gotten all the basics of a character down and they start to flow how you want them to and because of how most of them are pretty deep on their own right you might be playing for ages before you "master" them.

Eddie in GG is a good example, I honestly feel only one person ever mastered that character in all the years that series existed. But plenty of people still won and did good with him.

Shito

I decided to learn BB the easy way: I play Bullet.
Or, rather, I *played* Bullet -- haven't touched the game for more than a month now.
The urge is slowly rising, though...

Also, I bought Injustice at -50% on Steam: I'm contemplating whether or not I should start playing it a bit. Is Zatanna at least decent in it? It's the only character that attracts me a little...

Top Bottom