• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 30 - Jan 5 | Rest in peace, Nelson "Remix" Reyes

If the Cowboys go 8-8 yet again next year I don't know what I'm going to do. Seriously this perpetual state of mediocrity is the worst. Just be thankful you don't have to suffer through it every year. It's never going to change until we get a real GM but we all know Jerry Jones will never step down.

If the Cowboys go 8-8 yet again next year I don't know what I'm going to do. Seriously this perpetual state of mediocrity is the worst. Just be thankful you don't have to suffer through it every year. It's never going to change until we get a real GM but we all know Jerry Jones will never step down.

I feel your pain man. I've been a big Peyton Manning fan since his Vols days till now. Year after year I've felt the heart ache of crushing first round losses and even the Super Bowl defeat. Last year nearly killed me lol. I was so depressed for a while after that, I skipped every game after that except the Super Bowl. But I will forever stand by the Manning, because that's my Quarterback

owens2x.jpg

Imm0rt4l

Shoutouts to dcb lmao

*edit* gootecks gouken vs cammy: "i had to work so hard for that...and you know what he did? Whatever he wanted."

So true.
So true indeed. While gootecks gouken isnt super strong, he aint have to beat himself over the loss, that is just how that match goes.

Silky

Banned
Woah weird double post

Uhh, AE later tonight anyone? Playing Alpha 3 again made me realize how cool Cody is to play.

CaliPower

Neo Member
Hello Gaf nephews. I explained the Injustice cap at TYM. We cannot increase the cap for all games this year so we had to make it perfectly clear that we may only increase a few of them. Another thing I want to challenge is the communities' commitment. People say their game is deserving of so and so but don't end up supporting when the time comes. I'm not sure if I can link another site in here so I'll just post what I said in there:

"Like I said,

I'm not unreasonable to talk to guys.

Jumping to conclusions and thinking the worst is how people auto-assume negatives.

I'm yet to see MK to break over 64 entrants for the past few years we've had it at SCR.

Given Injustice is more popular and might have a few more hardcore players into it than MK... maybe, maybe not in the WC.

Let's also face the fact that EC does not travel to WC events like we do.

EC has many major events which they don't necessarily have to go to the WC. Unfortunately =(

So let's be logical about the caps instead of making absurd assumptions.

TO's that promise the world but lack logistic managing skills usually have the worst schedules or other unpleasant player experiences.

We're more than happy to raise the cap, however filling the pre-registration numbers is the only convincing factor for us to consider it. Otherwise we'll use the resources somewhere else.

Actions > Words

P.S. I really do have high hopes Injustice breaks the cap. We need more players overall!"

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
Hello Gaf nephews. I explained the Injustice cap at TYM. We cannot increase the cap for all games this year so we had to make it perfectly clear that we may only increase a few of them. Another thing I want to challenge is the communities' commitment. People say their game is deserving of so and so but don't end up supporting when the time comes. I'm not sure if I can link another site in here so I'll just post what I said in there:

"Like I said,

I'm not unreasonable to talk to guys.

Jumping to conclusions and thinking the worst is how people auto-assume negatives.

I'm yet to see MK to break over 64 entrants for the past few years we've had it at SCR.

Given Injustice is more popular and might have a few more hardcore players into it than MK... maybe, maybe not in the WC.

EC has many major events which they don't necessarily have to go to the WC. Unfortunately =(

So let's be logical about the caps instead of making absurd assumptions.

TO's that promise the world but lack logistic managing skills usually have the worst schedules or other unpleasant player experiences.

We're more than happy to raise the cap, however filling the pre-registration numbers is the only convincing factor for us to consider it. Otherwise we'll use the resources somewhere else.

Actions > Words

P.S. I really do have high hopes Injustice breaks the cap. We need more players overall!"

You are 100% justified in what you are saying. People can't shit on their own game all year round (in the case of Injustice) and then expect TO's to support them it doesnt work that way. You're basically facing a double standard from a community that barely supports it's own game then gets mad when they don't get the resources that they think they deserve. This wasn't the case when the game first dropped.

kirblar

The bigger problem, I think, is that the EC doesn't have actual sponsors for their players. I would only expect the very top tier or sponsored players to be traveling out cross-country. The ones with sponsors who actually come through with flights to EVO and such.

but when is Injustice starting on Sunday tho
It's always 9am somewhere.

CaliPower

Neo Member
You are 100% justified in what you are saying. People can't shit on their own game all year round (in the case of Injustice) and then expect TO's to support them it doesnt work that way. You're basically facing a double standard from a community that barely supports it's own game then gets mad when they don't get the resources that they think they deserve. This wasn't the case when the game first dropped.

I'm being as transparent as possible for education. Players today are given ballroom spaces and don't know or care how these resources got there. Sense of entitlement grows and arguments arise when they don't see something catered to their liking. So hopefully we can get some constructive criticism this time.

People also need to stop comparing NEC numbers to SCR because we don't have the same amount of beginners/intermediates(pot monsters) for certain titles. Only a handful of EC top players come out to the WC and it's usually the sponsored players. I hope more EC players come through this year.

Question for Keits and Valle:
With a new gen here, how do you feel about the potential rise in online tournaments? Are they competition to you? Do they devalue or replace physical meetings? Would you like to see them become more prominent?

The bigger problem, I think, is that the EC doesn't have actual sponsors for their players. I would only expect the very top tier or sponsored players to be traveling out cross-country. The ones with sponsors who actually come through with flights to EVO and such.

It's always 9am somewhere.

Emp emp emp

CaliPower

Neo Member
Question for Keits and Valle:
With a new gen here, how do you feel about the potential rise in online tournaments? Are they competition to you? Do they devalue or replace physical meetings? Would you like to see them become more prominent?

Online tournaments is the future. When the environment is good enough (netcode, presentation features), the landscape for competition will grow exponentially. This is something we'll have to adapt to. Traditional weekly and other physical events would have to put more effort in production value to survive by then. Which is unfortunate but the harsh truth.

Top Bottom