• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Mar 2-8 | Capcom does the Monster Nash

braves01

Banned
lol, you guys seen this?

B_FC-jaUQAAoHRB.jpg:large

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I heard LK mention about losing in a time out, but I had no idea it was that bad.

Also great awareness by Steve H to 5P anti air Millia's TK Bad Moon during pressure strings.
Yup also the dash up 2p after 2hs counter hit from far and low on reaction was great too. She would have hit the ground otherwise

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The blocking though... That end must have been heart breaking for LK, though it's good to know I'm not the only one who miss time the two buttons while trying to FD. ;p
I got counter hit by a slayer doing that before. I died a few seconds later xD

Beckx

Retro FG heads - was the third Ranma 1/2 SFC fighting game any good (in a fun to mess around with sense, not in a competitive sense)?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Can anyone explain to me why I can't see avatars? I miss seeing everyone's ;_;

Also, you made me proud Count, one of us had to go ahead and do that glorious interview with a lot of images.

Fun interview, Blackule.

So apparently Clayfighter is getting a HD remaster-

http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2015/03/clayfighter-remaster-on-way-says.html

Interesting how they specifically don't say if it will be sprite based or use a 3D engine... but they're adding in air dashing, reversals, and counters?!

I have to be honest...I'm excited for this. Clay Fighter 63-1/3 is a game that I played a ton of when I was really young. It's the original fighting game parody. The fact that the game is apparently adding in stuff like double jumps, airdashes and reversals makes me a little giddy. The game is absolute shit, but it's probably one of my biggest guilty pleasures. 63-1/3 had a great voice cast of american cartoon voice actors like Jim Cummings, Dan Castellaneta, Charlie Adler and Tress MacNeille. If this remaster keeps that same voice cast, then I will be very happy.

alstein

Can anyone explain to me why I can't see avatars? I miss seeing everyone's ;_;

Also, you made me proud Count, one of us had to go ahead and do that glorious interview with a lot of images.

My guess- testing for GDC when they have to cut down on images due to load?

Shouta

This thread is nuts in the first 3 pages. Blackule interview stinks, expected of a Deejay. Clayfighter getting an HD remake. and MrWziard is actually bad Mr . Frosty.

Brain melting.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
This thread is nuts in the first 3 pages. Blackule interview stinks, expected of a Deejay. Clayfighter getting an HD remake. and MrWziard is actually bad Mr . Frosty.

Brain melting.

*collects melted brain to drink and gain mod powers*

K.Sabot

Brain melting.

Wow that blackule interview does stink! My mind sort of just glanced over it this time around.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Does anyone know who the obnoxious Tekken player is in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsJfLKtGlfw

Retro FG heads - was the third Ranma 1/2 SFC fighting game any good (in a fun to mess around with sense, not in a competitive sense)?

Fun fighting game
Retro street fighter clone

Pick one choice

I want to say that this was the first ever tag fighting game, too. It predated both X-Men Vs. Street Fighter and Kizuna Encounter.

onionfrog

Great interview Count!

I can't believe clayfighter is coming back. That's so weird!
Its trash until proven otherwise

petghost

Banned
People in the know about GG: does mikado still run +r? Do the big names still play it or have they all moved on to xrd? I wanna see some new +r vids.

Anne

People in the know about GG: does mikado still run +r? Do the big names still play it or have they all moved on to xrd? I wanna see some new +r vids.

Yes it still gets played, a lot of old heads still play it (some prefer it over Xrd since Xrd has its own flaws and steps backwards), and they get uploaded periodically or streamed.

sikvod00

Banned
So is Luffy officially a fraud now? I feel like it's a tradition for EVO Champs to eventually go through a period of getting bopped and having their skill called into question. But with him, it seemed more severe. I just assumed it was some NA players still salty that a European took it before us.

Also, how many more damn tournaments have to occur before Snake vs Bonchan happens?! The latter only comes out to U.S. for EVO :(

So is Luffy officially a fraud now? I feel like it's a tradition for EVO Champs to eventually go through a period of getting bopped and having their skill called into question. But with him, it seemed worse. I just assumed it was some NA players still salty that a European took it before us.

No.

Dude's been dominating for years, but since he put Rose on the map at Evo EVERYONE either learned the character or learned the matchup. With anti-Rose tech being shared by everyone it's clearly only going to get worse for him.

Just like how Xian shocked everyone with Gen. People learned the matchup and now he doesn't look as unstoppable as before.

4r5

Were ya'll streaming from Japan or Maryland?

Xanadu does not have high speed internet. I was streaming off my phone, at 1.5mbps upload. Half a MB better than whatever Xanadu is using now.

Still experimenting with settings. At least for next month, I'll have it setup to locally record at 720p.

Tripon

Xanadu does not have high speed internet. I was streaming off my phone, at 1.5mbps upload. Half a MB better than whatever Xanadu is using now.

Still experimenting with settings. At least for next month, I'll have it setup to locally record at 720p.
Xanadu is where VGbootcamp streams their local Melee, Smash 4 and UMDSmash streams Project M. You'd think a company that has dedicated locals would get decent internet for the streaming purposes.

4r5

Xanadu is where VGbootcamp streams their local Melee, Smash 4 and UMDSmash streams Project M. You'd think a company that has dedicated locals would get decent internet for the streaming purposes.

I'm not a part of VGBC, but they literally took over Xanadu operations just a couple of months ago.

Sayad

I have to admit this is one of few FGW interviews I've actually read instead of just skimming through it. And it's all thanks to the graphic, AAA production does pay off, though I can see why the purest hated it.

petghost

Banned
Yet another game that isn't Darkstalkers 4.

:(

I dno if I can even imagine a new game in this series...vsav is such a weird/unique game and I can't think of any games remotely like it, even the ones who say they were influenced by it.very much a game from a bygone era it's like alpha or something but crazy ( and also way cooler). Dread to think about a new darkstalkers game that plays like a marvel game or some shit.

Top Bottom