• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Mar 2-8 | Capcom does the Monster Nash

fader

Ah, I read the manga, it was pretty good. And see! You do know anime! Caught you red-handed!

you-got-me.gif

jerry1594

And I'm saying that Oro is the SSJ7 anime trope.
Is he really? He's a really powerful character, but not altered state/visible aura powerful. Plus the tied hand seems like an interesting subversion of that kind of thing. It's like saying, alright let's not get too crazy now. If anything Akuma would be that character with all the crazy shit he does (split Ayers Rock, blowing a damn ship out of the water)

Is he really? He's a really powerful character, but not altered state/visible aura powerful. Plus the tied hand seems like an interesting subversion of that kind of thing. It's like saying, alright let's not get too crazy now. If anything Akuma would be that character with all the crazy shit he does (split Ayers Rock, blowing a damn ship out of the water)

Yea, i never got that vibe from Oro. Akuma, sure.

Oro to me was like an old dirty master from a kung fu movie. If anything.

WarRock

Oro magically sealed his entire arm to be inert all the time, except when he's eating. He did that to not be too bored when fighting or kill people accidentally.

He is 140 years old thanks to magic kung fu. Started learning it with 90.
He only needs to eat once per week thanks to magic kung fu.
He sparred with Gouki between 2I and 3S, still with his sealed arm, and both backed off because things could get too ugly with so much power.
He somehow kept hidden for all those years even though he has that much ki (that's how he and Gouki find each other after 2I).
He judges that
He still judges himself as a rookie in magic kung fu.
On SF3 canon, he never lost a fight. Backed off against Gouki and feigned loss to Ibuki so she could pass her ninja exam.
He estimates that Ryu would need 30 years of magic kung fu training to make Oro use both arms in a match.
He fucking mounted on a plane to travel in SF3.

Sorry guys, but Oro is a fucking monster. He does everything that Gouki does, except teleporting (but has telekinesis instead), single handed and somehow has double his age without sweating and not being that good on his martial art.

Mr. X

I botch directionals like that. 23+button instead of 236. Missing diagonals on half circles. Some games are lax and will take 426 or 126 for hcf. Just got be cleaner or be more aware until you unlearn the bad habit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
To post the thread now and edit in the spotlight later or wait until I get the spotlight which could be any time tomorrow?

Kumubou

the incredible sign ups for fr18 and rumored special guests mark the start of the best year in sf4's history
For reference, the final pre-reg numbers for Final Round (from their official Twitter account):

B_mIjI4WYAA6rP4.jpg:large

Damn @ that USF4 number, and for UMvC3 being dead it's still outdrawing everything else (although it's barely ahead of Xrd). IIRC that TTT2 number is way lower than what it drew a year or two ago -- as if Namco needed another sign that Tekken needs a refresh of some kind.

Azure J

LMAO @ the stream for the Golden Bair getting taken down mid GF because the manager of the bar kicked everyone out. We even almost had a poverty off screen recording of a CRT match between Shroomed and SFAT before the plug got pulled on that too (complete with reactions from the crowd and competitors being reflected off the CRT's surface).

Seyavesh

LMAO @ the stream for the Golden Bair getting taken down mid GF because the manager of the bar kicked everyone out. We even almost had a poverty off screen recording of a CRT match between Shroomed and SFAT before the plug got pulled on that too (complete with reactions from the crowd and competitors being reflected off the CRT's surface).

shoutouts to having a tourney getting kicked out of the venue and having top 8s of multiple games being played in a guy's house

Justin was saying that when he was playing in Japanese arcades, he had the best win ratio in CVS2. He said no one there could handle his lame play. His Chun Li got blown up in Third Strike but he did decent with Elena.

CurlyW

shoutouts to having a tourney getting kicked out of the venue and having top 8s of multiple games being played in a guy's house

As a TO, how do you even let that happen?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
That 2nd place salt.

Oh well I took Valle out so, moral victory, I guess. Has Sako ever beat Valle with Elena? Hell no. Official best Elena over here.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
FGW | Kendrick dropping March 23rd y'all

How come we never talk Elena strats breh?

I don't check this thread super often anymore. Then I'll randomly stop playing SF4 for like 4 months when my nerve issues start acting up.

St.mp seems pretty useful as a ground normal vs Hugo tho, and I'm just now realizing how potentially good st.mk is at whiff punishing.

I didn't see it. Who beat you in GF?

Some Ibuki. That match has always mindfucked me in a lot of different ways. I always have trouble with characters that get in super free, and Ibuki isn't really that, but for some reason I just don't like to antiair Ibuki well.

Valle would've beat me if he just did more random midrange meat squashers though cuz I'm free to that shit lol.

Azure J

YO FLOE'S STREAM

THE TIMING ON THAT DONATION/DONATION ANIMATION + SOUNDCLIP

I am going to hell for laughing at that shit.

I don't check this thread super often anymore. Then I'll randomly stop playing SF4 for like 4 months when my nerve issues start acting up.

St.mp seems pretty useful as a ground normal vs Hugo tho, and I'm just now realizing how potentially good st.mk is at whiff punishing.

Some Ibuki. That match has always mindfucked me in a lot of different ways. I always have trouble with characters that get in super free, and Ibuki isn't really that, but for some reason I just don't like to antiair Ibuki well.

Valle would've beat me if he just did more random midrange meat squashers though cuz I'm free to that shit lol.

I'm watching the archive now.

Your use of st.MP as a poke is great! I never thought of using it like that because the hitbox on it isn't that great. I've been using cr.HP against Grapplers a lot as well, they can walk into it easily because of their big hitbox.

going through the grand finals now, I don't have that much Ibuki matchup knowledge to give though

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I'm watching the archive now.

Your use of st.MP as a poke is great! I never thought of using it like that because the hitbox on it isn't that great. I've been using cr.HP against Grapplers a lot as well, they can walk into it easily because of their big hitbox.

going through the grand finals now, I don't have that much Ibuki matchup knowledge to give though

Yeah I think st.mp is def useful on the ground in certain situations.

I think I lost against the Ibuki because I wasn't antiairing well and got mindfucked from attacking him on wakeup when he finally hit me with wakeup ultra. I assume that people are conditioned when I shouldn't a lot. Also should've been punishing ex upkicks with just regular dp.

El Sabroso

Top Bottom