• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Mar 30 - Apr 5 | BonCHAMP

Shackzam

Uggghhh. Changing your main is so frustrating.

Lose a lot with your new chara > Get pissed, change back for a bit > lose some more because now you're rusty with the old one and start mixing stuff up.

I hate when that happens and then you start doing your new characters confirms with your old character and that doesn't work and you feel like an idiot. It mostly happens to me when I'm playing a game that I'm still kind of new to.

NEO0MJ

I hear if you got the homebrew channel, an external hard drive and the cleanrip app you can rip your disc for dolphin. I need to get on this...

Yeah, it's super easy to do it that way. Only problem is if a disc is multi-layered, because it will spliti t into two parts You then need a program on PC to combine them back into one file.

Beckx

Yeah, it's super easy to do it that way. Only problem is if a disc is multi-layered, because it will spliti t into two parts You then need a program on PC to combine them back into one file.

You can also use the terminal to combine them on a PC.

some low tier fanservice character I think

1421910370850.png

gutabo

You can rip games with just an SD card. You don't need an HDD. I ripped some Wii games (TvC included) ages ago.

You don't even have to have a card big enough to hold the entire disc. You can save them in 1GB pieces.

This. You start with one of your games and you won't stop and you won't look back ever again.

I hate when that happens and then you start doing your new characters confirms with your old character and that doesn't work and you feel like an idiot. It mostly happens to me when I'm playing a game that I'm still kind of new to.

It's hitting me hard in Tekken, i think partially because there's the universal stuff like df2 and uf3 being the main launchers with both characters.

df2, launch! f3+4, then-- No, wait. Carp.
<switch back for a bit>
df2, launch! f3+-- No, wait, i'm supposed to-- CARP.

So I'm reading about Hypespotting at EH. Apparently pools are just to have 2 people qualify out of. But once you qualify, everybody is in winners again and the results from the pools are still used for seeding. To be honest, I actually like that idea. Maybe time will be an issue for larger tournaments but I like the fact that everybody starts with a clean slate once they make it out of pools.

sikvod00

Banned
Not sure how many players are at hypespotting, but definitely seems like a logistical nightmare for the big ones. I agree it's a favorable format if you're rooting for a player like Daigo to win.
Yeah, I said it.

Not sure how many players are at hypespotting, but definitely seems like a logistical nightmare for the big ones. I agree it's a favorable format if you're rooting for a player like Daigo to win.
Yeah, I said it.

Oh yeah, well screw you to

Daigo always makes it out of pools in winners so that's not fair to say man :(

So I'm reading about Hypespotting at EH. Apparently pools are just to have 2 people qualify out of. But once you qualify, everybody is in winners again and and the results from the pools are still used for seeding. To be honest, I actually like that idea. Maybe time will be an issue for larger tournaments but I like the fact that everybody starts with a clean slate once they make it out of pools.

I remember some tournament a couple years ago doing that. Mainly I remember some people who made it out in winners bitching about it.

xCobalt

So I'm reading about Hypespotting at EH. Apparently pools are just to have 2 people qualify out of. But once you qualify, everybody is in winners again and the results from the pools are still used for seeding. To be honest, I actually like that idea. Maybe time will be an issue for larger tournaments but I like the fact that everybody starts with a clean slate once they make it out of pools.

Not sure I like it. Only people who start with a clean slate are those who were in losers.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Not a fan of erasing losses after pools. You're basically rewarding failure, and it doesn't come off as a single cohesive event.

If there's some kind of extra reward for qualifying from winners side, then maybe it's OK.

Not a fan of erasing losses after pools. You're basically rewarding failure, and it doesn't come off as a single cohesive event.

If there's some kind of extra reward for qualifying from winners side, then maybe it's OK.
What about top 3 per pool, guy from winners gets a round 1 bye? :p

pixelish

the players who lost a match had to play an extra game to get into top 32. that's why the bracket was top 48 > top 8.

paul187

Have they uploaded the matches from the red bull kumite in English yet? I wanna watch top 8 but can only find French and Japanese commentary.

If you aren't watching the MKX stream, then you aren't missing much, even with the Goro gameplay.

Unless you want to see screaming Starcraft 2 streamers flail about playing MKX.

shaowebb

If you aren't watching the MKX stream, then you aren't missing much, even with the Goro gameplay.

Unless you want to see screaming Starcraft 2 streamers flail about playing MKX.

I tuned in to see the Goro variations then had to bail. Zeke is like the worst screaming 5 year old on the mic online who mashes, loses, complains its the game or something other than his own lack of skill and what makes it all worse is he thinks he's hilarious. I had like 3 forums up and was seeing if analysis would pour out of any of them from stuff shown...everyone is bailing on the stream. Zeke is just pure awful to put up with.

Watching NCR Melee and Misterio v. 777.

I like 777's Iori a lot. It's typically hard for me to tell who's playing in kof13, but 777's play is surprisingly distinctive.

Top Bottom